Salvaging Exotics - Ecto's

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

Salvaging an exotic should automatically give you at least one ecto. Too many times have I taken an exotic that’s otherwise worthless (can’t use it, and it’s only worth 78s on the TP) and all I get is one silk cloth, or a mithril – and that’s just pitiful and unfair. Why salvage an exotic at all when there are rares that give the same kitteny loots?…

Thanks,
-LoreChief

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

exotics = 0 to 5 ectos
rares = 0 to 3 ectos

Not the same. If you want guaranteed, sell the exotic and use the funds to by ectos. 78s is still enough to buy 2 ectos.

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

The only exotics I’ve had drop for me are account bound. I guess I have bad luck, but it is annoying as heck to get a very rare drop that is essentially worthless.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

The only exotics I’ve had drop for me are account bound. I guess I have bad luck, but it is annoying as heck to get a very rare drop that is essentially worthless.

Meh, do less FotM. I’ve only seen account bound exotics at FotM.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I would be fine with 1-3 ecto’s for exotics. In the 8-9 I’ve salvaged, I’ve never gotten more than 1 maybe 2 anyways. I just think it should be a guaranteed 1 at the very least.

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

I would be fine with 1-3 ecto’s for exotics. In the 8-9 I’ve salvaged, I’ve never gotten more than 1 maybe 2 anyways. I just think it should be a guaranteed 1 at the very least.

Guaranteed anything isn’t part of salvaging tho.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

Perfect salvage kit GW1 that was Guaranteed (i think the guy was asking why cant it be Guaranteed like the perfect salvage kit was/is)

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

Perfect salvage kit GW1 that was Guaranteed (i think the guy was asking why cant it be Guaranteed like the perfect salvage kit was/is)

Perfect salavage kit only applied for upgrades, not crafting materials. I wouldn’t mind seeing it in GW2, but a kit that guarantees ecto drops from exotics is a no go =/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

I get ecto all the time when I salvage cheaply crafted Rares….

Maybe you’re just unlucky…

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

I rarely salvage exotics. They are worth more gold on the trading post then the ectos you can get from them.

Only salvage Rares.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~