Samurai Profession

Samurai Profession

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sir Samsonknight.5916

Sir Samsonknight.5916

Recently ArenaNet stated that new races would be introduced in the coming future. If you missed the interview I’ll post a link at the bottom.

But what was discussed is that new professions and new races would make their way into the game, as well as new weapons would be brought in. And the Samurai type profession fits perfectly into the lore and fills the missing heavy armor profession slot.

So the Race that would be introduced with this would be the Tengu (They are the bird like race you see around the world). Their society is based off Japanese history and style so this means Katanas and pole arms and such.

If this is the case though I figured I would voice my opinion because there are somethings I want to see.

1.) Don’t have humans hold Katanas like greatswords. The greatsword stance for male humans looks terrible and clunky.

2.) Have armor look more bulky. Alot of the armor in GW2 already seems to look like skin tight on the characters and just looks more like a skin thank armor.

3.) Make this happen with an expansion, not living world. Living world is fun and all but it doesn’t match permanent content.

This is all I have to say, please voice your opinion on the races you want added to playable races.

Youtube Link for Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy7CcwnfUdU

Samurai Profession

in Suggestions

Posted by: Machiavel.6042

Machiavel.6042

Would be kind of weird, considering the fact that a samurai armor isn’t really heavy compared to the medieval knight-like plate armor. You can move pretty well, and to be frankly honest I’m sure we could almost put them in the medium category if they were in the game.

And, Anet, if you do consider this (I bet everything I have you won’t, but…) please do your homework for once. You don’t fight with a katana like you fight with a sword. Go watch some Kendo !

Thinking about it, a Norn in samurai armor, with a No-Dachi or a Naginata could be interesting.

-I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it- Edgar Allan Poe

Samurai Profession

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

The Samurai was essentially the knight of Japan so i cant see it as a different class . As for the Katana it IS a great-sword just much slimmer and lighter

Samurai Profession

in Suggestions

Posted by: Machiavel.6042

Machiavel.6042

Considering the fact that they were nobles, and that not a lot of people could afford an armor in feudal japan, yeah that sure make sense…

Oh, and swinging a katana like a european longsword ? Might as well not put it in the game then…(if there’s a katana, it should have it’s style. Not the crap we have for animations right now)

-I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it- Edgar Allan Poe

Samurai Profession

in Suggestions

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

they wont bring back dervish as its too idd with the human gods, lore wise, a charr wouldnt use grenth’s aura would he? s for ritualist, it was combined with monk and paragon to make guardian.

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Samurai Profession

in Suggestions

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Not to rain on your parade, but I’m fairly confident this won’t be considered at all. With the game trying to expand to China, it would possibly cause some issues. If you follow the Cantha thread, you could probably see why.

Aside from that point, unless we specifically had an East Asian update ( Cantha related ) it wouldn’t fit very well with what we have currently, Tyria.

Samurai Profession

in Suggestions

Posted by: BLACKTHORNTK.5739

BLACKTHORNTK.5739

Unfortinitly asia may make complaints again. This is why we don’t have kaening or part of factions in gw2. As I recall Fields of Ruins is supposed to lead to kaineng or some part of faction witch is based on asia and Asia didn’t like that idea.. So a samurai class would definitivly be out of the picture for awhile if anything. But they did have 2 classes that didn’t make it to gw1 exspansion witch was supposed to be introduced in Utopia. Beast Master and Cronomancer. Gw2 does have Beast Master’s in game controlling two beastly dogs or war beast where ever they go with the Horse race Modniir’s in Harathi Hinterlands in the Modiniir’s gorge. They either control two of the same beastly dogs or war beast or one each. I believe a vet there has maybe about 4 warbeast with him. So it might be possible that the Horse race will be one of them and they will introduce Beastmaster with them as well. I think this class will be good to control the monsters on the map or capture insted of the average ones only rangers can. Like say maybe fire imps and such. Although Asia Complained allot of folks in Hawaii enjoy’s South Sun since it’s basically GW2 Hawaii theme. So why asia have to complain about factions being an asian theme. :/ I think it’s cool to have personally. heck the Tiki totem shield/sharktooth sword/ southsun mask and the legendary spear are hawaiian items infact the legendary spear itself has a hawaiian name to it so that’s pretty cool to have indeed. So hopefully thing’s lighten up with asia’s point of view in Gw2 so that we can have factions back as it should be and then maybe a samurai class will be cool to introduce after they release assassin and ritualist.

Samurai Profession

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

oh god please beware us of this.
Samurais DON’T FIT TO THE GAME AT ALL

If you want samurais, go play Dynasty Warriors or something liek that … but please keep that crap out of GW2.

If you want katanas, this can be just implemented as a Sword Reskin, because katanas are nothing else, than just swords, that have been crafted in a special way by the blacksmiths to make their blades stronger…
Or as great sword skins, if you want to run around that much as a Sephiroth Clone >.>

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Samurai Profession

in Suggestions

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

because katanas are nothing else, than just swords, that have been crafted in a special way by the blacksmiths to make their blades stronger…

They are actually crafted in a way that requires using them properly to take advantage of their cutting ability. A katana used like a regular sword is like a broken pencil (pointless).

Samurai Profession

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

for as much as i want the samurai to be in the game, it’s simply a bad idea to begin with.
for starters, we don’t have cantha in GW2 up until now, we also don’t need yet another warrior.
i know that a samurai is a whole lot more refined than any western warrior but it will also require a complete new system to compensate with the fact that they don’t swing a sword like a wild beast.

if you want a new profession to fit in the heavy prof line, i would suggest the berserker.
one that favors power over finesse, is a master in doing massive damage and draws it’s power in using the weakness of it’s enemies and tear trough even the toughest foe.

Samurai Profession

in Suggestions

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

I miss Ogden so much, where are you bro, release DWARVES pls and PIKEMAN class

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

(edited by Witaminka.4650)

Samurai Profession

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Hes at Priory HQ dude .

Samurai Profession

in Suggestions

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

dwarves will also not be a race, they have turned to stone and cannot procreate, only slowly diminish over the course of the war they have against primordius

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Samurai Profession

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Dear anet,

Make warrior class sept moar asian.

kthxbai

Samurai Profession

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

Samurai profession???
Shurely shum mishtake.
Obviously someone else who can’t tell the difference between ‘profession’ & ‘class’.