Saving The Game Install Download Locally (On My PC) For Future Use

in Suggestions

Posted by: TwiliteGarden.5384

TwiliteGarden.5384

I spent quite a lot of time downloading the client for my current computer. I plan on getting a new computer next week. Rather than making me download the game again why not give the option of downloading the game in “offline mode” then saving the full client install onto my hard drive.

In this scenario I could download and run the game installer once, save it to my hard disk, then install again in total offline mode.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kokuou.9537

kokuou.9537

As far as I know, you can just copy the folder where GW2 is installed (the one with the .dat file) onto your new computer and play from there by clicking the EXE file. I downloaded the game during one of the first betas way back near the beginning of the year, and there was no installer then and I still just have a folder with GW2 in it that I made a shortcut for on my desktop that I use to launch the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TwiliteGarden.5384

TwiliteGarden.5384

As far as I know, you can just copy the folder where GW2 is installed (the one with the .dat file) onto your new computer and play from there by clicking the EXE file. I downloaded the game during one of the first betas way back near the beginning of the year, and there was no installer then and I still just have a folder with GW2 in it that I made a shortcut for on my desktop that I use to launch the game.

Cool… I will try that now!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Yes, you need to copy that folder to the new PC. Use an external HDD to save it and then copy it on the new PC. It will start downloading from where you left it. The game does not have an installer. It just is ready for launching.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Halvaard.1034

Halvaard.1034

Or you could just “Ghost” your current harddrive onto your new one, it’s alot faster than copying files, and preserves your Operating System and Program installs.