Say no to character progression?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

My character is almost year old and after hitting 80 it’s became a
mannequin only. It’s great to have NOT gear progression, but what’s sad – there is no any kind of progression for characters. I love gameplay and I have one 80 level character only and I’m not bored with game in any way, except… Mannequin-side.
And it’s even not visual armor progression, because it’s pretty easy to get any armor in this game, they’re just… different.
I have no weapon skills/profession skills, no traits, no new game mechanics for my character
What I have? New skins , new minis, new tonics.
I think it’s a flaw, to be honest. If someone ask me hey how you’re doing in your gw what’s new I will tell a greeeat story about world progression, it’s just mindblowing, but my elementalist is absolutely the same

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mejo.3198

Mejo.3198

Well put. Nice and short…and I agree!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Way I see it the reason why gear is so easy to acquire in this game is to make you focus on improving your personal skill with your character(s), in addition to acquiring the look you want for him/her/them. This game is very much active combat based, so different builds play very differently to others. IIRC ascended armor / weapons are in the works, so that’s something to look forward to if anything.