Scouter:: it's OVER 9,000!?

in Suggestions

Posted by: AlexanderFaust.4518

AlexanderFaust.4518

Q:

Suggestions to give a bit more depth / reward for players that have 100% zone completion::

1. Teleporting to waypoints in those zones is WAY cheaper.
2. You can see EVERY dynamic event going on, via your map.
3. "Hearts" reset and have a bonus to the mobs/tasks involved *(think "New game +" Mode / nightmare difficulty).
4. Can purchase "Vista Volumes" from certain NPC’s that are useable at your character select screen or in game via a "theater" like the one in FFX. http://finalfantasy.neoseeker.com/wiki/Luca_Sphere_Theater

Suggestions?.. Critiques?.. Votes?

If you guys like these ideas and wanna see’em in game ~ Post::

“+1 ~ I agree and would like to see this in game”

in Suggestions

Posted by: McClearyUnderMistRaildexGun.2086

McClearyUnderMistRaildexGun.2086

Good, very good, carry on.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Sounds good to me. I don’t have much more to say. They need to do something to keep the maps relavent.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Easterlily.5836

Easterlily.5836

1. Why would it be cheaper. The teleporting is far to cheap already IMO.

2. Yea, this would be great. Te radar is far to small.

3. You want Diablo in Guild Wars 2? This idea would be good for example WoW, but In Guild Wars 2, the levels are based on the zones so this would just be wierd and ugly.

4. Why not. But I guess that this isnt something that they would prioritice.

Overall I think some of your suggestions are good in one way or another but some things would ruin the game and change it to much.

You always continue forward, but there will be curves before you reach the end of the road.

in Suggestions

AlexanderFaust.4518

@Crazylegsmurphy

Like I said on my dungeon topic ~ SINCE we don’t have any “official” way to know how well our idea is received.. (no ability to “vote”).

If you support this idea, simply copy and post::

“+1 ~ I agree and would like to see this in game”

This will keep the topic bumped IF it’s popular AND it’ll show ANet that it’s at least worth looking at.

thx for the support

in Suggestions

Posted by: Luisedgm.2375

Luisedgm.2375

Good suggestion, but use less obnoxious thread title next time please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZhangoSqu.5219

ZhangoSqu.5219

Can purchase “Vista Volumes” from certain NPC’s that are useable at your character select screen or in game via a “theater” like the one in FFX. http://finalfantasy.neoseeker.com/wiki/Luca_Sphere_Theater

It’s not clear to me what these would give you, just access to the short vista cinematic?

Thread title can always be changed after the fact, and honestly I agree with Luisegm, I would recommend changing the thread topic title to be a little more pertinent to your suggestions.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

1. I would say make major citys free that would be more then enough. And a hugh reward.
2. Every running. I don’t want to see all the places where I can start the hidden ones. That would be no fun.
3.Nope. Does not work. The event does scale with everyone in the area. But I would like to see all areas as hard mode versions like in GW1. But would be kind of hard to put into the game.
4. Yes. Yes please. and while we at it also enable all story stuff you characters have seen. Like the thing im the Eye of the north.

Blub.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nether.5346

Nether.5346

+1 Great suggestions.

in Suggestions

AlexanderFaust.4518

Can purchase "Vista Volumes" from certain NPC’s that are useable at your character select screen or in game via a "theater" like the one in FFX. http://finalfantasy.neoseeker.com/wiki/Luca_Sphere_Theater

It’s not clear to me what these would give you, just access to the short vista cinematic?

Thread title can always be changed after the fact, and honestly I agree with Luisegm, I would recommend changing the thread topic title to be a little more pertinent to your suggestions.

I’d change the title.. BUT then all my reference links TO this topic will be broken.. and it’s a huge pain ta go back to all my sites/profiles *(some can’t be edited) and change the links. =/

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

1. Yes
2. Yes!
3. Could be nice, makes old zones worth revisiting, but don’t copy Diablo style (they went soo far south with D3 that their forums are basically echos of complaints and no action to address them from Blizzard)
4. Not sure if this is needed but sure

+1 to your first 2 points ^^

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

+1 Agree

great ideas

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

in Suggestions

Posted by: elocke.7132

elocke.7132

I like this list. Thread title makes no sense to me though. I think the vista viewer could be a nice addition to the housing element supposedly coming to the game. Also a jukebox would be cool so you could play various tracks from the game’s massive soundtrack.

in Suggestions

AlexanderFaust.4518

I like this list. Thread title makes no sense to me though. I think the vista viewer could be a nice addition to the housing element supposedly coming to the game. Also a jukebox would be cool so you could play various tracks from the game’s massive soundtrack.

hmm, I’d definitely support that
lol.. Though, I haven’t heard anything about “housing”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: elocke.7132

elocke.7132

Yeah, it has something to do with your personal story home instance. They mentioned somewhere during development that it would change over time with your story and reflect the choices you made. They hinted at it being GW2’s form of housing basically.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Halvaard.1034

Halvaard.1034

1, 2 and 4, yes.
3 not so much, I’m already skipping stuff to get to areas that are my level so I can have a bit of a challenge again.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

3. “Hearts” reset and have a bonus to the mobs/tasks involved *(think “New game +” Mode / nightmare difficulty).
4. Can purchase “Vista Volumes” from certain NPC’s that are useable at your character select screen or in game via a “theater” like the one in FFX.

1 – I agree with, as an explorer this would be a very nice incentive to actually go for 100% world completion.
2 – Not such a good idea, now if it was limited to the map you are currently on that would be nice.
3 – Bad idea and kind of hard to do, it would require either phasing technology or instancing to accomplish as hearts are open world interest points.
4 – Sure why not it’s purely cosmetic anyway.

(edited by Latinkuro.9420)

in Suggestions

AlexanderFaust.4518

3. “Hearts” reset and have a bonus to the mobs/tasks involved *(think “New game +” Mode / nightmare difficulty).
4. Can purchase “Vista Volumes” from certain NPC’s that are useable at your character select screen or in game via a “theater” like the one in FFX.

1 – I agree with, as an explorer this would be a very nice incentive to actually go for 100% world completion.
2 – Not such a good idea, now if it was limited to the map you are currently on that would be nice.
3 – Bad idea and kind of hard to do, it would require either phasing technology or instancing to accomplish as hearts are open world interest points.
4 – Sure why not it’s purely cosmetic anyway.

Numbers 1 & 2 are actually tied to “zone completion” not world completion.

Number 3.. ya seems the more I think about it, the more silly it sounds.
Though, lol.. people keep comparing it to Diablo.. and honestly, that’s NOT where I got the idea of “nightmare mode” from.

Was more inline with “Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem” ~ where you had to beat the game 3 times (once using each of the 3 deities) to get the “final” ending.

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I don’t agree with any of them.

1. The reward for dynamic events is increased. I completed Wayfarer foothills today and I got 1 silver and 80 copper for each dynamic events. This is an area where I can 3 hit ko mobs.

2. Disagree. It’ll blow up my client from the sheer amount of dynamic event going on. Also, it encourages just waypoint to dynamic events. ANet wants you to not use the waypoint very often. Which is why it was high.

3. Disagree. Just create a new character. This suggestion encourages more grind.

4. Disagree. I rather just click on the vista on the map and just view it from there.

A better idea is to add the highest tier materials(Ori, Ancient wood logs, Gossamer, Fine crafting materials) Throughout the world and increase the chance of getting the same level gear. This way, I don’t have to feel like I have to stay in Orr to get richer.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

AlexanderFaust.4518

Yeah, it has something to do with your personal story home instance. They mentioned somewhere during development that it would change over time with your story and reflect the choices you made. They hinted at it being GW2’s form of housing basically.

oh… lol, thought you meant something more like this:
http://youtu.be/YQm7eOjyQSY