Sell back / Refund option for karma ,cultural vendors or any vendor who sells high value items .

Sell back / Refund option for karma ,cultural vendors or any vendor who sells high value items .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravien.1284

Ravien.1284

30 mins ago , i lost 20 g while previewing human cultural tier3 armors , while doing right click preview , right click preview suddenly i saw achievment pop-uped. And i realized that i bought shoulder armor while trying to preview by missclick :/ . And shoulder cost is 20g which is a lot. It took hours to gain that golds. I did not have any intention to buy it , and if there was a refund option for a short period of time for mistakes like this no one would be frustrated like me. Please anet , consider this , some other games has this option. You can make 30mins window for refund/sellback for full price , or even 1 min if u think its too much time.

Please Anet developers , consider this .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ziggy.7319

Ziggy.7319

Happened to a friend of mine who sent in a ticket.

The response he got back was that Anet, literally doesn’t have the tools/proper system to get it back even if they wanted to. which is really sad and disappointing, you would think it’d be a basic thing to have for a game.

That’s also why during the karma exploit, Anet had to ask people to delete their stuff, because Anet couldn’t do it themselves.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Prophet.6954

Prophet.6954

They have a “buy back” when you accidentally sell items.
How then can’t it be programmed in reverse order? I had the same instance happen, where I went to buy a class book. I somehow double clicked vs single clicked, and it didnt’ “prompt” me to confirm, and I suddenly had two skill books. You can’t sell it back to the vendor. I had to sell it at a 90% loss on the TP…no other option.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Prophet.6954

Prophet.6954

They obviously already have the programming in for a transaction log for trading post and a transaction log for sales to a vendor. Id be shocked if it really was an issue of
that they “can’t” do it with purchase vs sales. Speaking from a software programmers perspective.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Godric.5649

Godric.5649

Godric supports this
I was previewing the Orrian Legs from the Arah Vendor in LA cause I was curious what they looked like. I had 300 Shards of Zhitan and was going for the Greatsword(390 Shards) While Previewing the legs I accidently bought them by mistake. So many hours doing Arah wasted.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

That makes it obvious they have fired the whole original dev team and the new devs have to check out the code and learn it. Basically this is the only explanation why they “don’t have the tools” for something super basic as that. Either that or they’re just bullkitten you.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Psychomaniack.1953

Psychomaniack.1953

Yeah… I agree!

Samething happened to me last week… but for T1. I bought the helm instead of the coat while I was pressing on preview for the helm.

Lost all the money I had save for the darn coat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: owaine.7513

owaine.7513

I would even settle for a confirmation step – I thought I was the only one who had made costly mistakes like this in preview and gotten burned, but after something similar happened to me, it seems everyone I know in game has been burned this way.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DragonMind.2983

DragonMind.2983

Seems I am lucky to be bad at getting money, since it’s too easy to waste them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I would even settle for a confirmation step – I thought I was the only one who had made costly mistakes like this in preview and gotten burned, but after something similar happened to me, it seems everyone I know in game has been burned this way.

This would be an amazing addition, and I imagine incredibly easy to implement.

Either way, I really wouldn’t see why adding a “sell back” would be so hard. If they can’t sell back at full prize, then at least allow you to be able to sell items to karma vendors, for karma items, at whatever the current price is. You may not get all of your money back, but at least you’ll get most of it.

Conformation message though is the way to go, for both karma vendors and TP.