Selling Experience Scrolls in the Gemstore

in Suggestions

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

I have 5 alts. I would really like to get them all to level 80 in a timely manner. I wouldn’t mind buying Experience Scrolls from the Gemstore as a convenience item. Instead of selling Level 20 Experience Scrolls, simply sell scrolls that increase your character’s level by 20 levels. So it would take 4 experience scrolls to reach level 80. Bundle sell at 4 for 800 gems ($10) or 1 for 200 gems.

A couple of things…

1. They would have a requirement that you must have a level 80 character already. New players would still need to go through the normal leveling process.

2. This is a convenience item in other words I pay to skip the level grind. Stuff I’ve already done on my main.

3. 800 gems or $10 would be to level one alt to 80. I have 5. That would be $50 if I wanted to level all my alts to 80. That’s more than enough of a reason to keep the cost of experience scrolls at 200 gems each.

(edited by Korval.3751)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

A 20-level experience boost I suspect would sell for far more than 200 gems…more like 2000…or more. 200 for a single level perhaps. Also the effort required in going from level 1-20 is not the same as going from level 61 to 80. I don’t see this happening anyway, I think it would hurt the starting areas too much.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NoFear.6905

NoFear.6905

I partially agree,
in some cases it would be nice (like me and my 8 charracter slots xD)
and less downscaled people in WvW (maybe)
downside. with this champion farm now, every 1 is buying gems like crazy when new items come out. thing is, with these exp scrolls. people will buy them A LOT so gem price will increase even more. and they already are at the point of me nearly taking my own life to buy a skin.

Guardian/Warrior – Anthon/Hurk Battleborn – Aurora Glade
[RiOT] The Civil Rebels – Raider – WvW based Guild

in Suggestions

Korval.3751

Some of us, like me, actually buy gems. I don’t like trading gold for gems. It’s easier for me to buy them so that my gold supply doesn’t dwindle.

(edited by Korval.3751)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I would like this. I have 2 80s and rest are in their 30s. I want to at least get to 60 so I can make a character that I want.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Swiftling.8961

Swiftling.8961

It just wouldn’t work. Newer players to the game would have substantially less people to play with if people were able to just pay their way to level 80. What’s the point of playing a MMO anyway if you don’t want to invest time in your character?

If ANYTHING, selling scrolls that let you get to level 20. (Which is plenty enough if you want to get to a decent level to start event / champ training.) Would be the way to go.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

No thanks, I don’t want players to start the game and they’re instantly max level and when they join your group they don’t have a clue what’s going on, what skills to use and what the game mechanics are.

I do realize that this would benefit long time players but I honestly I think this would babysit the player way too much instead of giving him a game to play.

Agreed on a level 20 scroll though, enough boost for a player to get a good advantage in a starting area.

in Suggestions

Korval.3751

No thanks, I don’t want players to start the game and they’re instantly max level and when they join your group they don’t have a clue what’s going on, what skills to use and what the game mechanics are.

1. They would have a requirement that you must have a level 80 character already. New players would still need to go through the normal leveling process.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

I’m on alt # 12 right now. This would be nice.