Selling items back to the Gem Store

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lady Elyssa.2469

Lady Elyssa.2469

Please could it be made possible for items that are account based, whether bought from the gem store, awarded from black lion chests or other means to be traded back to the gem store for a handful of gems (for example, half the gem store price).

For example:
Booster Mutipack is worth 300 gems (making each booster worth 100 Gems), these could be traded back to the gem store for say 50 Gems.

Transmutation Stones – 25 for 500 gems could be sold back to the Gem store for 10 Gems each.

For rarer items like Trading Post/Merchant Express type items these could be traded back individually, for more common items like the Transmutation Stones these could be required to be traded back in batches of 5 or 10.

I think this would be a good way for players to trade in unwanted items or those they have previously purchased from the Gem store and trade them back in return for some Gems to purchase some of the new things they want, return unwanted gifts or to top up their existing Gem purchase.

I appreciate the need for Anet to encourage people to make use of the existing micro transactions which I have myself supported and only seek to further support this in game for the benefit of the developers and players alike.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kirby.3961

Kirby.3961

I love this idea. I have a handful of items that I am confident I will never use. But they are stuck in my Bank in the hopes that I can get something for them. Just a few Gems would be better than “destroy item.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

I honestly would go as far as saying, that gemstore items unused should be able to be sold back to the gemstore for the same amount of gems you bought them for. I know it’s stupid, but I have accidently bought armor sets several times already and now they sit in my bank and I am so mad at myself >.> Would be great, if we could just sell them back and then buy what we actually wanted to buy <3

in Suggestions

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

It could work for stuff like armor skins that need to be intentionally purchased.

Problem is that many of the smaller items like boosters and such are awarded for AP rewards, randomly from Black Lion chests, from dailys (in the case of stuff like salvage kits or instant repair canisters, ect), and other sources like that. I imagine they wouldn’t want people trading in items that weren’t originally bought for gems like that to get a “profit” of gems.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I just wish I could give away the PvP boosters I have. I don’t care about selling them but I would not mind them going to a good home since I will never use them.

The Burninator

in Suggestions

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

I have 2 1/2 stacks of those <80 transmutation stones and a ton of usekitten osters and stuff.

Lol useless and boosters together is censored?

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Tryout peroid for items maybe?

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeeroyNimoy.1864

LeeroyNimoy.1864

I don’t think the idea is horrible, but I don’t think you should be able to sell them for gems. I think if, instead, you could sell it for the gold equivalent at current market value. So, just using round numbers, you have something that would normally cost 100 gems and you want to sell it with the current market exchange value being 3 gold for 100 gems. This means you get three gold, but if you wait until tomorrow, it might be worth 3g45s. Normally, I would much rather have in-game currency than cash shop currency. If there’s something I want, I’ll get the gems, but most of the time I want to buy and sell thigns on the AH system.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
My idea compilation thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stig.7120

Stig.7120

Please can Areanet look at this as to sell surplus items back to the gem store even for half their worth would be beneficial to so many users as the price of gems is incredible.
I myself have bought hundreds of pounds of gems in the game as I really enjoy GW2 but feel this small thing would allow those who have heavily invested separately to the game should be able to sell their surplus back to the Gem store.

Thanks