Send Skill Points to Other characters?

in Suggestions

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I was wondering, anyone else think this would be a good idea? I mean you get them scrolls already but i think it would be nice if i could send Skillpoints that i have earned on my main to my other characters.

My main has EVERY skill unlocked and still has 76skill points, i know they can be spent on things for Legendaries but for those of us that dont like any of the current ones or change build weekly Legendary weapons arent that great, especially when you are a Mesmer and the only skins you like – you cant use

What else can the Skillpoints be spent on other then Legendary materials?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

You can use skill points to upgrade materials.

You can use skill points to get any skin crafted via the mystic forge.

You can use skill points to get money (via upgrading materials or skin crafting).

You can use skill points for more than just legendaries.

in Suggestions

ArmageddonAsh.6430

1) Upgrade Material – what like the Tier versions?
2) Mystic Forge – I never use it
3) Making Money – Can you give more details?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

The most simple thign anet should do here is putting an NPc to the game, that turns your skill points into Scrolls of Expericen and that together with a gold/karma fee to create the scrolls fro you.

These scrolsl are then account bound and can be given to any character of your account and the character which uses this scroll, will receive the Exp and Skill points.

Example: (only useable if you have at least 1 lvl 80 character on the account as the npc talks only with max leveld characters)

Scroll of Shared Experience: Costs 30 Skill Points, 5 Gold and 50000 Karma.
Creates a Scroll of Shared Experience, that will boost a Character up by 20 Levels and give the Character 20 Skills Points

Scroll of Shared Major Experience: Costs 50 Skill Points, 10 Gold and 75000 Karma
Creases a Scroll of Shared Major Experience, that will boost a Character to up by 40 Levels and give the Character 40 Skills Points

Scroll of Shared Superior Experience: Costs 70 Skills Points, Costs 15 Gold, 100000 Karma. Creates a Scroll of Shared Superior Experience, that will boost a Character up by 60 Levels and give the Character 60 Skills Points

With that way would be a player able to raise up quicker twinks if you have enough money, karma and skill points on your main and you know not wherefore to use them up, it would be a way and it would take money/karma out of the game as a direct money/karma sink.

And therefore that ypou build up quickly a twink, you’ll lose also some skill points extra as part of the fee to create the scroll.
—-

However, I hope that Anet introduces hopefully soon more new utility skills, more elite skills and new healing skills to spend our collected skill points for what they EXIST mainly for!
For unlocking new skills with them.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

in Suggestions

ArmageddonAsh.6430

^ Thats a very interesting idea. Not to sure about the levels gained personally i would go with a lower amount. Make it so that it cant be used at level 80 for 20 skill points. I would decrease the skill point cost and increase the Karma and gold cost

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Definitely no way to abuse this. I mean I have a couple hundred skill points on my main, so I certainly couldn’t drop 76 skill points in one go to immediately have access to any and ever skill I might want as soon as they become available. At the very least buying every skill at level 5 doesn’t give you access to them, since they’re level gated for unlocking how many you can use. It’s still an absurd suggestion.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: Havoc.4680

Havoc.4680

Seriously, Sunrise on a mesmer is awesome.

Currently the wiki is down,

5 mithril ore + 5 elder wood log + 2 siege weapons + siege masters guide = stronger siege weapon

2 Core + 1 Crystal + 1 Wine + 1 C.Dust = Lodestone

10 Obsidian Shards + 10 Ectoplasm + 10 Crystal + 10 Coins = 20-50 of a random t6 material

in Suggestions

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Cant stand the Greatsword, they look silly on Sylvari, just to big

Siege weapons dont really matter to me.

Ectoplasm are expensive

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

You get a guaranteed yellow from every world boss Ash, get some of those, get ectos, get t6 mats.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Transferring skill points is probably why champ bags now have the chance to drop the skill point scrolls that are account bound.

True, it’s not a direct transfer, but it’s certainly a big improvement.