Server vs Guild. NO WvW Friday.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Assyrian.4827

Assyrian.4827

In WvW we are fighting for our server the whole week. that is good end game for GW2 but why not get more from WvW as end game content here is how:
No WvW Friday instead we will have a tournament. Guilds from each server will fight each other and the winners from each server will fight until we have a winner for that month(best guild of the month).
there will be no use of siege weapons and no supply and no capture of any building. the objective is to kill the guild lord of the other guild who is surrounded by NPCs.
Each guild could have 10 or 15 players.
what do you guys think of this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think it’s great for the guilds participating, but it closes down WvW for everyone else for an entire day. What do you think they’ll think about that?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Sounds cool as a separate PvP mode not as a replacement for WvW on friday. Also, it’s got to scale on how many people are in each battle, unless Anet wants to shut smallers guilds out of more content.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i think this sounds like something unofficial.

could work if everyone cooperates.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

This idea fails on several grounds. Like Vayne said, it alienates non-guilded players from participating in the gameplay they enjoy.

There is also the factor of guild size vs guild size. A small guild of 15 could never go up against a guild of 300+, so what’s there to do? Downsize the larger guild, leaving 285 players not participating, or throw the small guild out of participation all together and have only large guilds? Either way falls back on the first point of alienation.

P.S. Don’t disrupt WvWvW with crazy notions of unofficial sparing matches. If you want that, there will be private sPvP servers coming down the pipe in a few months that you can do that in. Even while waiting for private servers, you could load up an empty server with your guildmates and theirs to do it now in this current system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

well there would be no such problems is guild hall is introduced and guilds can do battles against one another in their respective guild halls.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DemonCow.5328

DemonCow.5328

We shouldn’t replace any WvW days with this, but it would be great to have a guild vs guild game mode that could operate across servers. I’m sure that most of the WvW focused guilds, including my own, would like to call out some guilds from the other servers they are facing week in and week out in WvW, where there is no way to call in another 50 people and no way to run away.

On top of that, the maximum number of people could be agreed upon by both guilds to ensure a fair fights, and we could even offer guild merits and influence for it, along with commendations for the players that participated.

[TI] Taking Initiative- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader
takinginitiative.enjin.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Assyrian.4827

Assyrian.4827

I guess I have to wait for Guild Halls to play GvG .I think we will get that in the next expansion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I would like to indulge the egos of a handful of guilds, and go about it in the most disruptive way possible by completely disabling a major aspect of the game for everyone.

Fixed.