Seven ideas in one post

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeeroyNimoy.1864

LeeroyNimoy.1864

I’ve been moving about these forums for about a month or so now, and have presented a few ideas of my own along the way. I wanted to throw several ideas in one place while I was here today, so here go:

Reload UI
I see the need for a Reload UI (user interface) function from time to time. There was a short-lived bug where all my ambient and combat sound would mute itself after talking to a scout. This would fix itself if I took a waypoint, portal or viewed a vista. Which means, each time the UI was refreshed, it fixed. So having some kind of built-in functionality for this would be a great thing. Even if it’s a key-command like in Star Wars, it would be beneficial.

Emotes
I miss some of the more interesting emotes from GW1 and other MMOs. Where are the silly flirts, the jokes, the world’s smalled violins? We need more interesting things like this, I think. I would say even take it a step further and give us not just gender and race specific jokes/flirts, but maybe add one or two professions specific as well. Little, interesting and sometimes quirky things like this add to the game without needing a whole lot of work. It’s something we can all enjoy in the game without the need to have new armor or major content. There are countless other emotes that could be added, but I’m trying to give a brief synopsis on each of these, so I’ll rely on replies to add to each of these headings.

Skins
I know this has been brought up in other threads, but I’ll throw it out anyway. Some of the skins out there (holiday, gem-bought, living world, etc.) would be better recieved if we could equip them via a drop-down menu like the titles. Personally, I woudl be fine with having to use a transmute token each time I change if it meant I didn’t have to split the items or stand losing it each time I swapped. The money could still be made in the gem store with the transmute tokens, perhaps more since peopel wouldn’t have such a high need for the splitters. The math is a little fuzzy, but it has potential to add up in AreaNet’s favor on that front, at least. Generally this idea is brought forth as something for only backpieces, and I think I’m fine with that as well.

Dyes
I’d like to see some of the rarer dyes be account-learned. I know this mess with the market for them on the TP, but it isn’t like AreaNet doesn’t send out new dyes periodically. I would be okay with seeing new dyes two to five times a year. I would even be okay with splitting dyes into categories; PvE, PvP and town.

Weapon Dye
To piggy-back off the last idea and off a few posts I’ve seen around, I think weapon dyes would be interesting. I don’t want to color the blade, and particular sets and things maybe shouldn’t be dye-able. That being said, it would be pretty cool if I could change the hilt, staff, shaft, stock or frame to match my armor. Nothing too intricate, just a system like what we already have in place for the armor (materials, surfaces, shine, sheen, etc.).

Mounts
Don’t worry, I’m not asking for WoW mounts. I love my Mole Machine, and my Norn looks super funny on the Broom . . . I want more! I wouldn’t begin to know what all to add, but new cosmetic mounts would be simply amazing! As a guy who doesn’t get into the “digital RP” scene, but still loves to personalize my character, these things are both wonderful and hilarious!

Town Clothes
I’d like to see more town clothes introduced, and not just for gems. I think cultural outfits would be prudent, just like we already have armor. I would like to see a handful of crafted things, as well. The really great stuff like sunglasses and toys and the best outfits can stay in the gem shop, that only makes sense. But let my tailor have a special set that only tailors can make, same for armorsmith and leatherworker. Maybe some town accessories that can only be made by a cook or an artificer. Things like this are, again, small and still add a lot of wonder and detail to the game.

Everything I posted (save the reload ui) are customization options. They hold nothing on the game itself or the way people play, but it’s important. Customization is key to immersion, and immerssion is key to keeping RPGers tapped into a game. Allowing for things like this would make a huge difference without requiring a huge amount of work on AreaNet’s part.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
My idea compilation thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

I was going to add a new idea, but I ended up not liking it, so I’ll just post this to get it back on the front page for a bit, lol.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

The only thing I don’t like is the first one for reloading the UI. I understand the reasoning behind it, but the simple fact is you’re asking for what amounts to a work around for bugs without trying to fix the bugs. I would rather the bugs be annoying and interfere with people playing the game so they complain about it and the bugs get fixed than have them be able to hit a key to reset the problem and never bring it up at all.

The rest I can take or leave.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

Perhaps my OCD makes me special, if there’s a bug that needs fixed I’m going to report it every time it happens, regardless of whether or not I can /rui out of it. Blizzard GMs had to hate me, I reported the same bug 100 times in one day once, even though my /rui fixed it, lol.

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Great stuff Leeroy, really appreciate you taking the time to both spell out your suggestions and provide strong reasoning for why we should do them =)

Keep it comin!

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

I finally thought of one I actually like:

Costumes
I know we have the costume battle things already in place, but I’m thinking for this one more along the lines of replacement town clothes. It’d be a great thing to introduce for holiday events (not just Halloween) where we can dress up like particularly styled things for the holiday. Only in the town clothing choices, nothing to change the combat, I think. This would allow me to, for example, change my appearance to an elf-like-thing for Christmas. Perhaps just havingthe clothes would be enough. Staying with the elf theme, it would be really funny to make the clothes not quite scale all the way on this outfit. If only the clothes were done, instead of a whole person change, then on a Norn the clothes could be a little too small (short legged pants, a little bare stomach, etc.). Something that could be done alongside this would be holiday-themed mounts. Maybe ride a reindeer for Christmas and we already have a broom, but there could be a special version for Halloween. Cupid outfits with tiny wings (wings being the mount, would be awkward and funny, and rather fitting).

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lutto.8745

Lutto.8745

Wheres my god kitten roar emote.. I SO want that

Member of [SoZ] GM of mEIGHT [mEJT]
S1/S2 Legend Engineer @ Gandara EU.

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

Play a Charr /threaten

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

Quest Tracking
What would people think about a change to the quest tracking system? I understand that what’s up there is limited and should hang out like it is, but a certain change might be prudent. Currently when I walk into a new heart or event the tracking for it auto-expands. However, if there could be some sort of lock system in place so things don’t close when other things expand this would bring down a certain level of annoyance.

For example, when I do my dailies I usually hard track about six of them so I know which ones I’ll be working towards and can easily see their progress. This is something I’m sure many people do. However, if I walk through an even area (say the swamp where SB spawns) then the event tracker will expand. If I only had dailies out, then it doesn’t affect anything, but then I walk through a heart I haven’t done yet and it closes the dailies and only has the heart and event expanded. This is a bit of an annoyance, especially when the swamp lies dormant and there’s no pertinent information to be had.

So I suppose what I’m proposing here, is that if I select something to be tracked, that it not be overwritten by a random event I’m just passing through and have no intention of doing. I know things have been suggested with the quest system, but I thought this one seemed a little less of an overhaul to the mechanics.

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

On quest tracking I would like to be able to have an option that once a tracked achievement reaches 100% it isn’t shown.

It gets annoying to have one or two things tracking and that overwrites all the daily/monthly stuff vs just adding to it. You then have to add the dailies in and once they hit 100 you can end up with all 100s visible and can’t see the rest. So you have to deactivate the dailies and then reenable the next day. Being able to check a box to auto hide any achievement at 100 would help. But having tracked naturally integrate into the dailies would be better

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

Being able to check a box to auto hide any achievement at 100 would help. But having tracked naturally integrate into the dailies would be better

Actually, once they are at 100% I would rather them auto-untrack by default. There’s no reason to have an option for this, if I wanted to see what I had recently completed I’d just go to the summary screen.

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

Downside to having it untrack is that means having to retrack dailies every day. If you can leave the ones you want tracking they will be ready next time they come up.

This will also let you see in the tracking tab the completed. They just should be hidden upon completion in the ui.

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rafahil.2857

Rafahil.2857

About weapons dyes, fx animations should also be dyable in my opinion.

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I was SO happy when we finally go a few mora hairstyles. It’s noticable u have put some work in them as they move when the character does (the old one didnt – at least not in charr).

It would be awsome to see some more faces, horns, tattoos, etc created with the same care and love…. My makeoverkits ara waiting to in my inventory to give my charr new, Beautiful horns and perhaps a nice facelift too

And I really apriciate the work u guys have started to work on when it comes to the issue with tailclipping and such. I can see that more and more armourpieces get this fixed. Still a way to go, but u’re getting there! Thank u!!!

Kima & Co

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

Downside to having it untrack is that means having to retrack dailies every day. If you can leave the ones you want tracking they will be ready next time they come up.

I’m not sure I like that solely because it could be the next day or next week before you see the same daily again. The coding involved seems like it would be too much, and the point behind most of these requests is that they should be simple and ellegant small things to impliment. Every time the dailies pop (at 7pm my time) the first thing I do is open the Hero pane to see what the current set is, then I decide which ones I’m going to do, then I set out to make it happen. In all honesty, if the same ones tracked every day it would make no difference to me, and I would still follow that routine. The goal here is to make the interface less cluttered and convoluted, I see where you’re coming from, but it doesn’t really help in that goal.

About weapons dyes, fx animations should also be dyable in my opinion.

I would say we have to be careful here. Maybe we should, instead, trust AreaNet to make different animations? For example, if we have a pretty flaming sword, it should obviously be red and orange. However, if they took the same sword and gave it a necromantic name and charge, it could glow all green and black like a fel flame effect. I think the basics we can handle, but we should trust the more involved bits to AreaNet. Still a good idea, just not something I think the players need control of.

… It would be awsome to see some more faces, horns, tattoos, etc created with the same care and love …

I agree on this account, we could do with a little more customization. Maybe if they did a complete overhaul of the system they could give every account two free makeover kits, most people have two mains I would assume. Even if they have three or four or eight, two free gem items to show off all the cool new looks would be a great gift and would encourage people (like me, I’m a sucker) to buy more for their other six character slots. This one could easily be worth doing, and I would hope AreaNet has some plans for this down the road.

To expand on that last one, personally, I would say even letting us add scars to certain aspects of a character. Norns are battle torn, they should have a scar or two on their arms or chest or face. Humans are frail and do stupid things, they would end up with a scar just because of that. Char are pretty hardcore, and you wouldn’t be able to see the scar through the furr, but maybe a missing ear or only having one fang. Things like this are what make a character truly unique and allow for twists and turns in a player-made background for their character.

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

Cosmetic Skins and Armor Classes
So there’s some pretty cool armor sitting around Tyria. In the Gem Store we have the Krytan Armor, which is in the medium armor class. It’s really cool looking, and I love the idea for a gunslinger kind of thing, but it just doesn’t seem like it should be in the Medium Armor Professions. I would love to see that set on my Necromancer, to be honest.

So here’s the thought: why not have some new cosmetic skins that don’t have an armor class? You can purchase it and put it on any set of armor you choose. If there’s an issue with the coding and you wanted to get this out quickly, just make it a box that you buy with the skin in it, and upon opening it you choose what armor class you’re putting it on and you get the skin in that class. This would alliviate the need for extensive coding and you could essentially just copy and paste some of what you already have for other aspects of the game.

I wouldn’t even be upset if none of the current skins got this treatment, and obviously there needs to be new ones coming out from time to time that are armor class specific, but to have some options across the board would be nice.

To expand upon this a little further, I would say that having the ability to purchase individual pieces of the armor skins would be nice, as well. Still using the Krytan set as an example, I would like a few of the pieces for my Engineer, but not really all of them. I so if I could purchase individual bits, instead of the whole thing, for less gems this would make more sense. Obviously it would be cheaper if you bought the whole set, to encourage that from people who want four out of six and might use the fifth or sixth one, but for folks who just want one or two of the pieces it would be a better use of the gems to do that and then buy something else later.

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

Cosmetic Skins and Armor Classes
So there’s some pretty cool armor sitting around Tyria. In the Gem Store we have the Krytan Armor, which is in the medium armor class. It’s really cool looking, and I love the idea for a gunslinger kind of thing, but it just doesn’t seem like it should be in the Medium Armor Professions. I would love to see that set on my Necromancer, to be honest.

So here’s the thought: why not have some new cosmetic skins that don’t have an armor class? You can purchase it and put it on any set of armor you choose. If there’s an issue with the coding and you wanted to get this out quickly, just make it a box that you buy with the skin in it, and upon opening it you choose what armor class you’re putting it on and you get the skin in that class. This would alliviate the need for extensive coding and you could essentially just copy and paste some of what you already have for other aspects of the game.

I wouldn’t even be upset if none of the current skins got this treatment, and obviously there needs to be new ones coming out from time to time that are armor class specific, but to have some options across the board would be nice.

To expand upon this a little further, I would say that having the ability to purchase individual pieces of the armor skins would be nice, as well. Still using the Krytan set as an example, I would like a few of the pieces for my Engineer, but not really all of them. I so if I could purchase individual bits, instead of the whole thing, for less gems this would make more sense. Obviously it would be cheaper if you bought the whole set, to encourage that from people who want four out of six and might use the fifth or sixth one, but for folks who just want one or two of the pieces it would be a better use of the gems to do that and then buy something else later.

Except Krytan Armor is Krytan Armor from GW. That’s what my Ranger used to wear after the Seering. So it’s medium because that’s simply what it’s supposed to be.

The reason they aren’t going to make untyped armor is the same reason they have types in the first place. So you can easily identify a class based on armor and weapons.

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

I understand why, I used to play GW, I just mentioned that it looks more like a Necromancer set than any of the Medium Armor sets in my mind’s eye. Which is what got me to thinking about the idea in the first place. I just think we would benefit from a few things that are equally awesome across the board. Not a lot of sets, just enough to make it so we have choices. As I stated, there should always be sets that are armor class-specific. I have always supported that, I just thought it’d be cool is all.

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Great stuff Leeroy, really appreciate you taking the time to both spell out your suggestions and provide strong reasoning for why we should do them =)

Keep it comin!

The good ideas (Emotes, weapon dyes, skin locker) in that post have been brought up from launch.

Keep it comin!

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Posted by: hannahwho.2859

hannahwho.2859

X100000 for account bound dyes! I really don’t feel like i should pay 10g more than once for a color.

Yes, i am a ranger that mains a longbow. Problem?

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

Keep it comin!

The good ideas (Emotes, weapon dyes, skin locker) in that post have been brought up from launch.

Keep it comin!

And, hopefully, the more we bring it up and spell it out as to why it benefits both us and AreaNet, something will be accomplished. Sometimes it takes fresh words – or more than “yeah, this thing, make it happen now!” – to bring an idea to the next step.

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

Miniatures
So I have just started collecting the mini’s, and I love it. It’s a great thing, fun and pointless. Here’s where the problem lies for me, however; reactivating at zone change, it goes away when I stash collectables.

So in order to make things a little easier, I was thinking we could have a slot (unified across combat and town clothes) that holds our current mini of choice. Maybe have two slots so I can swap between them on a whim. This would fix me accidentally throwing my mini back in my bank, and might make coding the activity a little easier if it gets treated like equipment in that slot.

I know I can toss my mini’s in an invisible bag or something of the like and it won’t go away, and that’s all well and good. However, it doesn’t resolve the problem as much as just works around it. This suggestion would fix two problems at once, and is something I’ve seen a lot of people talk about in forums.

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

X100000 for account bound dyes! I really don’t feel like i should pay 10g more than once for a color.

Or more being the major problem for a lot of the cooler dyes.

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Posted by: mergi.1407

mergi.1407

Great suggestions LeeroyNimoy, would be exciting to see some of them adopted – I’ve got my fingers crossed.

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

gave a +1 at the first request Reload UI has been needed since beta 3

Love it! Love the mounts suggestion as well! It would be so awesome to have a charr or motorcycle mount for my Charr Engineer! I’d love a mount that would stay out for a period of time allowing me to mount or dismount because it would be nice to have one on display nearby as part of the little enhancements that make a game seem more real.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

or 40 g per for those special event dyes

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I don’t get it. Leeroy wrote down some suggestions that we’re spamming the forums with – for over a year, and gets a CJ post? I want it too!
[iR] <- topics

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jeroen PwN.9601

Jeroen PwN.9601

So i stared my own topic lately about mini’s and unlimited skins. But i got a reply from the autor from this topic that he had all the info covered in his topic. Still this is what i had to say about it:

Well to begin with the mini’s. I really like using a mini. You get them quite alot for completing the LS content. Now again with halloween. This is why i make this post. Getting a mini isnt quite a reward anymore, since most of the time i deposit the poor little guy. Liadri mini, i got her but yea she just chilling in my deposit cuz yea it a routine that i click deposit all now and then. So yea why not make an option to a mini to make it immune for deposits. Just by right clicking them and then use the option. Or… make some sort of slot in the hero tab where you can place your mini in. Or ofcourse make a tab like in world of warcraft where all your mini’s are accesible from every place. No more depositing, no more extra stuff to bring in your back. What do you think?
And second. Lately i got my slickpack. Just in time however. We where still in the dungeon when the halloween patch went live. But i got that slickpack but yea one time use unless i have a acc bound back slot. Wich is only with fractals, wich i dont do and…. its lvl 80. So yea when i use my slickpack skin on my low lvl char i lose it. So why not adding them to the achievements panel. Or just create a dude in every town wich has those event items where you can take them unlimited times. ( Like diango in dranor village in runescape Lolz )
You are not able to make money with them since its no gem store stuff, so why not give us unlimited uses. Im just scared using my skins cuz i dont know if i will make another char where the skins matches better. When i read about those achievement rewards with unlimited uses i was extremely happy. I went earning achiev like hell cuz unlimited skins 0.o How do you think about it?
And maybe making gem store skins unlimited when bought as well but thats just minor, though i would consider buying them more. Townclothes are swappable but that other stuff isnt wich saddens me.
thx for reading !! ^^

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

I don’t get it. Leeroy wrote down some suggestions that we’re spamming the forums with – for over a year, and gets a CJ post? I want it too!
[iR] <- topics

Lucky, I guess?

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

For sure Leeroy Anyway, I do not mind re-re-re-re-reposting these basic improvement suggestions. It may gives weight in the eye of devs.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

A unified community is more likely to sway the hearts and minds of those in power. This is true in all cultures and communities, ours is no different.

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Posted by: Terracus.8197

Terracus.8197

I totally agree with all of your points. They’re excellent. I want /meditate as a taunt…yeah

Seven ideas in one post

in Suggestions

Posted by: Icarus Pherae.4680

Icarus Pherae.4680

Another request I have heard a lot (jumping on the mini wagon) was for a way to battle your minis, similar to polymock (which was pretty popular). I feel like, even though it would take a lot of effort adding abilities, and effects, and an entirely new “combat” system for them, but it could really boost appreciation for minis and could make collecting them have a stronger meaning. I know a lot of folks seem to be disappointed with minis as a reward, I don’t really use mine because they get deposited (to support the rest of the posts in here), so if we could have little arenas in town, or heck maybe it would be like a duel in other MMOs, and you could do it anywhere, I think that could be a lot of fun. Honestly, sometimes you just want to know if Queen Jenna could beat up a stuffed griffin, these are questions that need answers Anet!

For the emotes, I certainly miss them too, but I wouldn’t worry too much, they will return! They are already in the system, so it is just a matter of time.

I know it would be a lot of work, but having unique skins for certain class skills based on race would be another way to make the race choice have a stronger impact, without making a “wrong” choice. It also seems a little silly that an asura engineer has the same kind of turrets as a norn. It would be awesome to see the aesthetics of the races be applied to the things they can make, even if you have to put bits of fur taped to a turret for norn it would be funny, and it would stand out. I just think it would be neat to see a difference between professions of difference races, being wholly cosmetic of course, the only problems I can think of (other than the large amount of work it would take) would be some professions would have less customization in that regard (every single turret looks different vs. the races of the two thieves that pop up in thieves guild matching your own), another issue is that we have wonderful skins for these things in game now, and a lot of work went into them, so I fear that either, every race gets new skins and those skins go into the mists (or maybe be able to toggle or something), or one race keeps those skins and everyone else gets new ones, which would upset folks.

Those are some of the suggestions I have that haven’t been beaten to death (such as the defiance mechanic changes). I know these are things that have been mentioned a lot but it is good to have them all together, and presented in a constructive way. Keep it up guys!

edited: spelling +grammar

(edited by Icarus Pherae.4680)