Show Event or Don't Announce

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lolyta.4582

Lolyta.4582

As I grind through various maps, I keep getting what was in WoW a giant Raid Warning in bright orange in the middle of my screen: “New Event Nearby.”

Glancing around me, there is nothing in sight remotely resembling an event, or multiple players assembling for anything. Checking the notification area of my HUD (top right of screen) I find no event shown there. So in desperation, I open my map. Guess what? There is not one trace of an orange circle (indicating an event) anywhere on it.

Please, Anet, stop kittening with us. Please show the location of the “New Event Nearby” on the map when you announce it to us with a raid warning. Alternatively, if that is too difficult to manage, just stop announcing “nearby events” that you are not going to show us on the map or in the notifications area of our HUD.

>.<

in Suggestions

Posted by: Clostridium.9832

Clostridium.9832

Never go full kitten…

in Suggestions

Posted by: starwatto.4527

starwatto.4527

Erm… sometimes even a little movement may cause event to disappear from the map, take it easy buddy. :-)

Casually hardcore since 2012
Aurora Glade
[rddt]

in Suggestions

Posted by: FangedTerror.3852

FangedTerror.3852

It may also be that the meta event changed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neo.4307

Neo.4307

I haven’t noticed what OP is saying, but I agree that the event tracking radius should be increased. I don’t see why we couldn’t have a list showing all of the active events on the map on a seperate dialog on the world map or something similar. It would be better than having to rely on websites that use the API.