Show important forum posts on the launcher

in Suggestions

Posted by: omgonoes.5368

omgonoes.5368

Hi there,

First of I’d like to say that I know a lot of players, myself included, do not frequent these forums for various reasons. Though, I do know that important, informational posts occur from ArenaNet that I would otherwise not know of if not for r/GuildWars2. What I was thinking, was just having a window in the launcher that previews multiple posts from ArenaNet on the forums, so that maybe these players can really know what is going on, whether it’s patch notes or whatever. I feel that it would just be pretty handy and players are already logged in at this point, so they could just go directly to the forums from there if they so desire.

I don’t know, it could be something too big to ask for or it could be so minuscule that it’s pointless. I just figured I’d give my two cents as it’s something that had just occurred to me, and so I shared!

Thanks!

Effessyou [Choo] – Necromancer

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

Who decides what is important?

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torguish.4786

Torguish.4786

I’d like to see Patch Notes on the actual launcher.

in Suggestions

Posted by: omgonoes.5368

omgonoes.5368

ArenaNet, I suppose, haha. I was just thinking something like a window with a scroll bar, that strictly shows AreanNet posts or something along those lines.

Effessyou [Choo] – Necromancer

in Suggestions

Posted by: scumgrief.5270

scumgrief.5270

+1 for the idea.

But tbh once you login to the launcher, before clicking play there already is news flash updates there linking you to other sites or areas on gw2.com

You can always just visit your forums yourself if you want to check on what the latest topics are.