Silver drops from RNG chests

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gray.1704

Gray.1704

I know everyone has complained so much that there are warehouses of complaint sticky notes hidden in the bowels of Arena Net’s basement (you have a basement right?), so I’ll just cut out the middle man and say: I am -not- complaining about the lack of token drops from chests.

Granted I think one of the main reasons people buy RNG chests is because they’re hoping to get their super rare chocolate fudge coated weapon token, but I’ve seen people say they’ve bought anywhere from 10 – 200 chests and never received a single token.

Let’s look at the price conversions for gems and RNG chests. If you were to take the 400 gems it requires for that current stack of 5 Rich Dragon Chests, you could get ~9 – 10 gold with those 400 gems. Instead you spend all 400 gems on the Dragon Chests and you get maybe 5 silvers worth of content, if you’re LUCKY. This conversion… is unacceptable.

I spent some $20 on those Rich Dragon Chests not too long ago in hopes of getting a dragon token and I got: 250 Zhaitaffy, 10 Dragonfish Candies, 2 Kralkachocolate Bars, 3 Dragonfly Cupcakes, and 3 Dragon’s Breath Buns. That was out of 20 chests, or 1600 gems.

Doing a quick tally on the trade post and the gem conversion tool:
The Items dropped in the chests today: ~40 Silvers in total price.
If I had done a Gem to Gold conversion: 36g 32s.
(Gold assuming it was 2g 27s upon converting)

Now yes I know that buying the RNG chests is a gamble and you might not get a ticket, and I’m totally cool with that. But I want to get my money’s worth! Why can’t a single gold be offered as a drop from every RNG chest? The least amount of money I’ve ever received from 100 gems converted to gold is around 2 Gold, so it’d still be offsetting how much money you would obtain by using an RNG chest. So instead of getting 2 gold for 100 gems, you’d get 1 gold for a single RNG chest. And this can fluctuate between 50 silvers – 1 gold (no more, no less) so that we’re at least getting our money’s worth when we buy these chests.

I’m sure I’m not the only person who’s spend large amounts of money (I haven’t only spent 20 dollars on gems, folks. This was all as an example) on gems, but it’s becoming more and more pointless to buy gems when all we’d ever want is the clothing or money. It would be a good business move from Arena Net to start adding money to the RNG chests because then people wouldn’t feel like they’re getting NOTHING for their money. When you get nothing for your money, you’re less likely to go and buy such items the next time around.

So… thoughts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zelothe.9234

Zelothe.9234

I actually read the forums prior to buying anything and found out that Rich Coffers were worthless and that the same amount of Gems/Gold would buy a much higher chance of a skin through regular coffers on TP. The thing that I still don’t understand is why in the name of god aren’t the skins just directly in the gem store why did somebody think that letting people buy a chance at getting the skins was a good idea of course it made people frustrated and unhappy.
Fortunately I really enjoyed myself ingame for the past couple of days since I never finished the map and thought it would be a good idea to work on that since the coffers dropped from everything. And after about 600(dunno how much exactly but I have about 2750 Zhaitaffy in my inventory) regular coffers got my 1 skin (and 13 minis which I gave away to the guild).
BTW if I didn’t really like the skins I could have made about 25g off of the coffers which I realise is change for some people (mostly CoF farmers)

Some people said they didn’t want their players to grind. To which I reply try getting a
legendary weapon in your game without grinding, exploiting, incredible luck, spending
real money or having 100 guildies behind you…