Skill Trainer NPC for respe kill the gameplay

in Suggestions

Posted by: redgabber.5209

redgabber.5209

The Thread is here

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Delete-the-Skills-NPC-Trainer-in-PvE-too/first#post2165846

We want a free template management without the obligation to go to Trainer NPC in PVE.

waste of time. this is a limitation of build creation and multi-role.

I don’t want to loose time and money to teleport Lion’Arch to respe skill.
Most of them have 2 or 3 template per character and the revamp current system is crappy. Let it free of use like pvp.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

No it should stay like this.People should pay money to change their build,they shouldn’t be allowed to change it all on the fly for free whenever they want to counter that kitten they meet in wvwvw and start to make builds just for One target only to switch back later again…No,Horrible idea.

Also,if the thread is “there” then why post it here again….

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

No it should stay like this.People should pay money to change their build,they shouldn’t be allowed to change it all on the fly for free whenever they want to counter that kitten they meet in wvwvw and start to make builds just for One target only to switch back later again...No,Horrible idea.

Has it ever come to your mind that they can just keep the cost for switching builds? They could allow to create two or three builds that you can switch between (maybe add more slots via gem items) but you have to do the initial creation at a trainer. They could also add a recharge between switching builds. Hell, I’d probably even be satisfied if they finally managed to separate the builds for PvE and WvW. But at least we get funny hats. Yay.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

It’s more about the issue that no one should be allowed to be able to switch builds “on the fly” a dev responded on this once,thread might still be somewhere.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

I always hated how games continue to be designed for lazy people.
Porting EVERYWHERE is already bad, I don’t want GW2 to become a hotjoin shooter.
please keep the respec as it is.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

I want to be able to save build templates, but I don’t want to be able to switch anywhere. At least it’s not as bad as star trek online where they charge $5 worth of Zen(400 gems) to respec each time.

in Suggestions

redgabber.5209

ok i agree for McM.

But have a look to GW1, you can only change save/load your build in city.

So what is the prb to do like this ??? of course we need rules, and i want to change my build in a village or at dungon entrance

I don t see any prb with that.

That dev probably never play gw1 ?? !! it s very very strange

Hey guy, did you played gw1 ? i don t think so. In Faction in AvA mode (small McM) you can do that as well in city

I think the old great team of gw1 goes away… and replaced

seriously…don ’t kill the gw spirit by bringing crappy arguments.

(edited by redgabber.5209)

in Suggestions

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

It was a feature in GW1, and it should be here too. Let us save 2-3 builds (skills and traits) and change when out of combat. I have 0 problem with paying the 3 silver per change, that can stay. Having the templates in the first place would be ideal.

in Suggestions

redgabber.5209

exactly what i mean @stale, i agree

I m very disapointed if a dev said no to that required feature.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esreyr.6304

Esreyr.6304

You shouldn’t be allowed to change your skills anywhere.

A1: So only allow it in major cities then.
A2: This is already possible. Just buy the 10 silver book and keep it in your inventory. Activate it to change whenever you please.

You shouldn’t be able to change for free.

A: I’m confused about “Free Template Management”. Does this imply the tool to manage templates is free, or the ability to change templates is free, or both? I’d be OK with paying the 10s cost in open world, and the 3s cost in a Major city. Just like it is already possible.

…..
Also instead of saying “I’d rather have the game cater to lazy people” please qualify with REAL game breaking reasons why this is bad, or offer suggestions.

in Suggestions

redgabber.5209

A1: So only allow it in major cities then.

+ Village, camp, dungeon entrance.

A2: too expensive → not all people are rich iin gw2, not all people is hardcore gamer
Imagine i play a day and change my build very very often, spend a gold or more for respe is out of my point of view in Guild wars spirit.

maybe for other asian bashing mmo or wow but… guild wars is not a standard mmo.

in Suggestions

Iruwen.3164

You can already change your build when ooc, just not spend all points again.
I don’t mind costs or having to go to a city, as I said above: separate PvE, dungeon and WvW builds and let us create templates so we don’t have to spend all points manually again and again. I’m switching builds constantly and this doesn’t add depth or anything to the game, it’s just a major annoyance that you have to store the builds on an external site and having to click trough everything again and again.

PS: and they should add on option to switch armor/trinket sets and a corresponding equipment storage option (locker). Dragging all trinkets in the hero panel everytime you join or leave an instance is as much of an annoyance as having to click through the traits all the time.
I don’t see why PvP gets so much special treatment here, the infrastructure already exists but it’s limited to that single mode.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zero.5307

Zero.5307

I’d like to see multi-specing at 80. For classes like warriors in WvWvW if theres a decent sized zerg against the tower you’re in sometimes going outside just isn’t an option. Like wise for dungeons I feel there are time where the casters need a little extra toughness compared to what they have.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I really wish people would stop using GW1 as a template for how they want things to work in GW2. There is nothing in GW2 that is designed from GW1. They’re whole and completely different games, they’re not intended to be alike. Just assume that if it’s a thing you liked from GW1 it’s probably not going to be in GW2 and move on.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Iruwen.3164

Yeah, let’s just forget everything that actually made sense in GW (and games like WoW) just to create something unique. This is exactly what GW2 looks like now. So I’m voting against a function that shows "last online" in the guild roaster, and against an lfg function, and against proper squads, and against everything else that could be remotely useful.
That "argument" really is beyond dense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

It’s kinda mixed.

In gw1, you could change your template and skills only in town (excluding capture elite skills)

In gw2, as long as you’re ooc, you can change your weapon, healing, utility, and elite skill as you please.

I’m kinda on the fence about free trait changes whenever. It’d sure be conveinient but it’s also a little too much freedom. If anything I’d suggest it have a cooldown timer between trait set swaps so atleast the visit to respec is gone but people won’t be drastically changing their playstyle everytime they come across a different enemy.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: DarkSider.1079

DarkSider.1079

In gw1 you were also instanced anywhere but in town, so realistically if it’s not instanced we should be able to change traits. Make the change free, just charge a 1time fee of 10gold or something such as that to unlock “each” saved build ability, same goes for armor/weapons. As long as they can implement it so its out of combat and still allows us to change it would be good. I don’t think it should be limited to only cities as that’s basically how it is now, it should be open for change such as “out of combat + 1 minute” so we’d have to be out of combat for a minute to change. This would prevent people from instant changing mid fights, a minute down time is short enough that it isn’t a nuisance, yet would still allow us to change when needed. For instance, getting ready to head into a dungeon and you need more dps than tanky build, swap it out and head in. It’s silly to have to travel all over the world to change it, waste of time, and waste of having to constantly retrait and click through that. This goes for every class, includes gear. Charge 800gems 1time fee to “unlock” for each set of saved armor on the character that we can swap to (such as out of combat + 1 minute etc.) Each time we swap our traits to a saved build, charge 1s, some miniscule small fee that still provides a money sink, but is easy for anyone to afford. This still allows people to go to down and do it the “old way” if needed.

This keeps us players happy and allows us to try other builds, other gear setups…as it is now we’re punished to avoid it as it’s such a hassle to do else wise. It’s a perfect opportunity to bring in and hold people longer by providing a usability-based addition to the game, allowing us to play more, spend less time “swapping gear, swapping traits” and actually exploring different build and skill combinations rather than “punishing us” to not attempt that.

For example, I run an elementalist, a 0/10/0/30/30 build with knights armor, and valkyrie accessories. I have 3 other sets of armor including my magic find set, my berserker set, and a pvt only set. I have other builds, but it’s too annoying having to travel and swap. How convenient would it be for me to spend more currency/more money (1 time fee, not incurred sums each time) to spend more on gear, spend more on upgrades and provide more of that money sink the game is looking for, inherently allowing me to consider buying costumes for armor, buying transmuting stones so I have “different looks” and allowing me to play as different styles on my same character; again, not punishing the player for wanting this ability on the fly (out of combat with a cooldown time of some sort).

Why the 1 time fee per trait build or per saved armor set? Simple, you make money on it, but it has to be a very reasonable fee so it allows non-money spending players the ability to use currency exchange so they don’t miss out on this helpful addition. Also, for the people they spend oodles of money on the game, they can have many more builds, more costumes, more weapons to show off quickly and so on; it’s a win-win situation.

Another few posts on forum about adding this to game:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Trait-swap-armor-swap/first#post2166398

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/SUGGESTION-Saved-Builds/first

in Suggestions

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

No thanks, worst idea ever, last thing this game needs is for it to normalize having several sets of gear even more than it does now to take advantage of being able to re-trait on the fly. This would be ridiculous for boss encounters and trivialize them even more than they are now as well and perpetuate an attitude to have a specific build for each specific encounter.

in Suggestions

DarkSider.1079

No thanks, worst idea ever, last thing this game needs is for it to normalize having several sets of gear even more than it does now to take advantage of being able to re-trait on the fly. This would be ridiculous for boss encounters and trivialize them even more than they are now as well and perpetuate an attitude to have a specific build for each specific encounter.

So you’d rather have to spend more time traveling each time to a city, reset, re-click and setup traits, one piece of armor at a time (drag dropping or right click equipping) than having a simpler option to allow you to do it quicker? (and might I add out of combat, and limited in some way to avoid abuse?)

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

In gw1 you were also instanced anywhere but in town, so realistically if it’s not instanced we should be able to change traits. Make the change free, just charge a 1time fee of 10gold or something such as that to unlock “each” saved build ability, same goes for armor/weapons. As long as they can implement it so its out of combat and still allows us to change it would be good. I don’t think it should be limited to only cities as that’s basically how it is now, it should be open for change such as “out of combat + 1 minute” so we’d have to be out of combat for a minute to change. This would prevent people from instant changing mid fights, a minute down time is short enough that it isn’t a nuisance, yet would still allow us to change when needed. For instance, getting ready to head into a dungeon and you need more dps than tanky build, swap it out and head in. It’s silly to have to travel all over the world to change it, waste of time, and waste of having to constantly retrait and click through that.

It’s not just mid combat changes (which cannot be done since you must be ooc to change) its just in general.

Lets say some dungoen calls for dps. If this suggestion was made so, you could swap everything to some high dps build including traits, trait tree line, skills, and gear. Next boss (lets take it to extremes and say it took them 5m to kill the boss) it has a lot of 1shot skills and requires survivability so you change all your traits and skills to something along those lines. You just went from GC to rock cuz you were ooc.

We can change major traits, and all skills on the skill bar at any time (excluding profession skills) once ooc, but in some cases if you finish a dungoen and want to farm some place whether it be for nodes or mobs, the on the go pleasure of a trait swap at any time would feel necessary. If free trait swaping was allowed, I’d say it have a couple restrictions (along with being ooc) like:

Wvw: Only in a keep you own that isn’t contested or at your spawn while you have the invulnerable buff

S/Tpvp: when in the lobby. Stays the same, this works fine.

Pve: Only in town, or near an outpost(or minor city) with various merchants and guards when not contested. Current skill/major trait still works in dungeons but full trait tree changes cannot happen in any instance.

The point being, you’re supposed to set yourself up for the instance, not bring a supply crate and just put on w/e best suits the encounter. Otherwise dungeon’s would be all too easy if you could completely put on a super hero build for boss x and swap to some other super hero build for boss y. We have a ton of freedom as is with build switching, the only place I see this being necessary is in open world pve and to some extent in wvw.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

in Suggestions

DarkSider.1079

I play mostly pve, having the armor swap (less use in bags, ability to store more armor for other builds) and the other trait builds, easier than having to reset and reclick everything. Then they can put limitations on it that it has to be set before entering dungeon, like I said some type of limitation but still having the ability to swap without going to town and reclicking everything would save time, energy, and allow more potential builds.

I do agree with abuse if you can swap too often, but disallowing it because dev’s can’t code it in to not allow in dungeons or combat areas and only (combat +1 minute, or some limitation to prevent abuse) is silly.

Edit In the original guild wars you couldn’t swap in “instance” such as when you left town everything was instanced. Considering this is true mmo and it’s not instanced, a limitation of only in specific areas (but those areas being non combat such as ALL towns or only at waypoints or only at waypoints + out of combat + 1min) would be necessary.

(edited by DarkSider.1079)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

So you’d rather have to spend more time traveling each time to a city, reset, re-click and setup traits, one piece of armor at a time (drag dropping or right click equipping) than having a simpler option to allow you to do it quicker? (and might I add out of combat, and limited in some way to avoid abuse?)

No I’d rather keep things the way they are now where it takes thought and commitment to play a certain build; builds are what add variety as the same class can play completely different; negate that and builds are meaningless and people will just change builds to make wvw/boss encounters trivial.

in Suggestions

redgabber.5209

To adapt a build for a special situation is the main goal of the Guild Wars spirit…

I don’t see any prb, and i don ’t understand why some guy says it s abused…

That s why we need a toolbox for that and free of use.

But actually, the game is too easy… dps without teamplay is king. it s sad

in Suggestions

DarkSider.1079

No I’d rather keep things the way they are now where it takes thought and commitment to play a certain build; builds are what add variety as the same class can play completely different; negate that and builds are meaningless and people will just change builds to make wvw/boss encounters trivial.

It doesn’t negate builds, it allows you to test more builds & armor combinations without punishing you, like the current system.