Skin chooser

Skin chooser

in Suggestions

Posted by: prenavo.3926

prenavo.3926

I think a great thing to add to the game would be a skin chooser. Instead of letting all of your cool weapons skins sit in the bank, why not apply them all to the item.

An example. Lets say you use a greatsword all of the time as your favorite weapon. You already have what you think is the coolest greatsword skin applied to it, but low and behold, There just so happens to be one that just got released that is even better than the one you have….but you worked so so hard for your current skin, you just don’t want to part with it and going out and farming for another greatsword or buying one off the TP doesn’t really float your boat cause your still stuck with another used up inventory slot. Enter, my idea. Instead of being able to apply just one skin to an item, be able to apply all of that type of items skins onto said weapon. Then, have a drop down menu attached to the weapons and armor that allows you to pick and choose from a list of skins you have linked to that particular item.
Over time, people will start running out of bank space even if they have it maxed, I think this would take off a lot of that pressure.

Skin chooser

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

But then it would also come to item stats, and eventually there would be no market for anything other than skins (and not stats) thereby ruining the trading post.

Why? Because if you implement this, what about me and my 7 unique armor sets each with a different rune/item nomenclature. Then, what about my sigils on my weapons? Then, what about my weapon stats? If we add all of those together, eventually items won’t mean anything.

Skin chooser

in Suggestions

Posted by: Euthymia.4807

Euthymia.4807

But then it would also come to item stats, and eventually there would be no market for anything other than skins (and not stats) thereby ruining the trading post.

Why? Because if you implement this, what about me and my 7 unique armor sets each with a different rune/item nomenclature. Then, what about my sigils on my weapons? Then, what about my weapon stats? If we add all of those together, eventually items won’t mean anything.

He’s talking about skins not stats.

Like having Fused and Glyphic on the same staff and being able to switch between the two skins at will.

Skin chooser

in Suggestions

Esplen.3940

Like having Fused and Glyphic on the same staff and being able to switch between the two skins at will.

And then, like I said, the complaint will go towards stats. And all sorts of new problems will arise. “I have all the skins I want on my item, but I can’t have the stats I want on it.”

Skin chooser

in Suggestions

Euthymia.4807

And then, like I said, the complaint will go towards stats. And all sorts of new problems will arise. “I have all the skins I want on my item, but I can’t have the stats I want on it.”

Why not? Transmutation stone. Bring the stats onto the weapon with all the skins on it. It’s always been like this. You get a fused skin and use it on an item, but then out level the item.

“Oh Noes What do I do? I don’t want to keep using this crappy sword that is 10 levels too low, but I don’t want to lose the skin.”

Skin chooser

in Suggestions

Esplen.3940

Actually it’s more of a: Well, since all my skins are on this, now I need to get 17 more for all my different stats.

Oh hey, why not just do BOTH on items.

Regardless, neither of these will be implemented.

Skin chooser

in Suggestions

Posted by: prenavo.3926

prenavo.3926

Actually it’s more of a: Well, since all my skins are on this, now I need to get 17 more for all my different stats.

Thats the beauty if it. You wouldn’t have to apply all of the skins to just one weapon if you didn’t want to. If you like to only play one set way, with one type of weapon most of the time, then this would be cool, if you don’t like to do that and don’t feel like having to get more, you wouldn’t have to do it at all. It still falls within the realm of everyone’s play style and isn’t forced on anyone.

Skin chooser

in Suggestions

Euthymia.4807

yeah one is game/balance breaking and the other one isn’t. I’ll let you figure out which is which.

Skin chooser

in Suggestions

Esplen.3940

yeah one is game/balance breaking and the other one isn’t. I’ll let you figure out which is which.

Yea, because swapping stats and skins out of combat is game/balance breaking. Oh man, what ever can we do about all those people running around with multiple weapons in their inventories?!

Skin chooser

in Suggestions

Euthymia.4807

Yea, because swapping stats and skins out of combat is game/balance breaking. Oh man, what ever can we do about all those people running around with multiple weapons in their inventories?!

Having multiple weapons in your inventory takes up space. That’s where the balance is. You trade space for more weapon/stat options.

Where’s the balance in having all the stats on one weapon?

Skins are aesthetic only, so no balance is needed. If they had this feature in the game and had weapons skins in the gem store like in some other games, they would make a lot of money. Just like certain other games do with costume slots.

(edited by Euthymia.4807)

Skin chooser

in Suggestions

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

Yeah, I agree that there needs to be some sort of long-term wardrobe/skinning option, especially as most of the incentives to play the game at this point revolve around ~new/limited time weapon/armor skin~. There’s a ridiculously good Reddit thread going on about this right now, that I really would like to encourage ANet to look at (if they’re not already): http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1hialb/we_still_need_a_wardrobe_system/
One thing I think devs would appreciate is how much the thread is floating around ways of incorporating transmutation crystals etc in so ANet still gets their precious gem store money ;)

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Skin chooser

in Suggestions

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

Yeah it would be nice if all the skins you got just worked like the Hall of Monuments skins do.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Skin chooser

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dan.5416

Dan.5416

+1 for some kind of wardrobe for skins
I want to be able to collect some rare skins and to apply them on any of my armor. Cause at this moment it’s just a number of useless stuff in bank for me..
I even agree to pay for transmutation stones for using this skin more than once. Just let me keep it all in one place and use it as many times as I want.

Skin chooser

in Suggestions

Dan.5416

Another suggestion on wadrobe. For this purposes can be used some limited acount shared space for favorite skins, like only 5 places for helms, 5 for shoulders and so on. It will decrease storage data for characters and also additional space can be selled by gems, so Anet will also have a benefit from this system)

Skin chooser

in Suggestions

Posted by: DevilPhaze.6531

DevilPhaze.6531

I can tell you why this won’t happen. Money.
Being able to apply multiple skins to one weapon reduces the need for some players to purchase gems from the store. People will be less likely inclined to purchase the transmutations crystals, or gems to convert into gold to rebuy the weapon on tp to place the new skin on. And with all this free bank room there goes people purchasing the bank extension slot or inventory slot. This will reduce the amount of money guild wars makes. So I don’t think this will be happening any time soon unless they can figure out a way to make money off it. Like a infinite skin chooser crystal

Skin chooser

in Suggestions

Dan.5416

I can tell you why this won’t happen. Money.
Being able to apply multiple skins to one weapon reduces the need for some players to purchase gems from the store. People will be less likely inclined to purchase the transmutations crystals, or gems to convert into gold to rebuy the weapon on tp to place the new skin on. And with all this free bank room there goes people purchasing the bank extension slot or inventory slot. This will reduce the amount of money guild wars makes. So I don’t think this will be happening any time soon unless they can figure out a way to make money off it. Like a infinite skin chooser crystal

I don’t think Anet using such kind of logic. If so, they shouldn’t add such thing as wallet, cause it’s also greatly increase? free space in bank.
Also, as I wrote previously, with appropriate system Anet can get even more money from skins. For example using skins from wardrobe can also require transmutation stones or some gold, wardrobe can be expandable by gems and more people start buying skin sets from gem store, cause they can save all of the new and old stuff.

Skin chooser

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

#ELEtism

Skin chooser

in Suggestions

Dan.5416

Thanks, man. Forum search works very strange, it didn’t show me that topic when I search with “skin” and “wardrobe” keywords..
Will transit my ideas to that one, so everything will be in one place)