Skipping Stones Jumping Puzzle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

The stone geysers in Skipping Stones Jumping Puzzle need a slightly longer delay before they drop.

It’s an unrealistic time frame given to cross all the stones before they fall

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I am still struggling with this one, but I think the issue is my own lack of sustained coordination — I expect to be able to succeed after I practice more and get used to being able to jump quickly and more accurately. Sure, increasing the delay would help, but I also think it would take away what makes the puzzle interesting and challenging.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: RedGlow.2715

RedGlow.2715

It’s not unrealistic. It’s hard, sure, but not unrealistic.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xixecel.9657

xixecel.9657

There is nothing wrong with the puzzle or it’s timing. The issue lies with the player not the game. It is petty complaints like these that get made in MMORPG’s since gaming began that ruin the games by making them “easier”. I never see console games re-programming their amazingly hard parts of games just because 1 or 2 people cannot do it, the same should be expected when playing a prestigious game like GW2. This game is not for the weak, its for those who wish to be challenged and have fun doing it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

kkkkkkkkkkkk

I tryed to do for hours and not get done, but was my own coodination falt.
I’ll finish the others and to do this for last.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The way to make it across, is to jump before they appear, and then keep running and jumping without stopping.

However, the JP has massive performance problems that can make it harder than it needs to be on lower end systems.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lodovicus.1562

Lodovicus.1562

I wouldn’t like to see it changed in any way.

Took me many, many tries and got me extremely frustrated… but I persevered and it is one of the few jumping puzzles in the game that I felt an actual sense of achievement when the Achievement popped up on the right of my screen.

If anything, more jumping puzzles need to be as difficult as this one was to begin with.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

I suck at jumping puzzles and really, really hate timed jumping puzzles. I find them about as much fun as a root canal!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

I failed this puzzle many times before I could do it reliably, but the timer was never a problem. In fact, the existence of the timer meant I would usually fail due to jumping too soon out of hurry. I’m not sure if I ever actually had one drop out from under me.

tl;dr: It’s fine.