Skyrim-Styled Home Instance?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Hey all!

I may be the only one, but when I heard that Guild Wars 2 was going to allow you to have your own “Home Instance”, I immediately thought of something similar to what Skyrim offers. Unfortunately, that wasn’t exactly the case.

Inside the Home Instance, one of the houses could be assigned as your house. Maybe when you reach a certain level (level 10, 20, 30, etc.) you pay a fee and you can get certain decorations added in your house. Maybe services, like an extra storage, a personal tailoring station, etc. can be added for a fee as well once you reach a certain level, or a certain craftsmanship level.

This is just what I was expecting when I heard we were going to have our own home instances.

Any ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I am all for home instances and you should be able to invite as many people as you can fit into your home.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eivene.9127

Eivene.9127

I didn’t manage to stick with Skyrim so I’m not entirely sure how that worked. There are plans for dedicated player housing in the home instance, though no ETA on it, as far as I know. It’s definitely a great idea and something I look forward to.

Perfectionists’ Cult [NICE] - Family Friendly PvE/WvW community
Sanctum of Rall

in Suggestions

Mimir.4690

@Eivene: For those of you who don’t know… You basically get to eventually buy a “living room set”, “bedroom set”, “alchemy set”, etc. in Skyrim which would then be added into your assigned home in the game. It was a lot of fun to be able to go inside your house and know that it’s your house, even if everyone’s generally looks the same.

I’m glad to hear it’s something that will be added. I think that it will make the city even more realistic!

in Suggestions

Posted by: AlexanderFaust.4518

AlexanderFaust.4518

in Suggestions

Mimir.4690

I’m not sure exactly like this, but that was an awesome video haha. I don’t really want the home instance to turn into a Sims 3 “design-house” thing, because that’s not really what the game is for. But being able to design your own house would be fun.

in Suggestions

Posted by: AlexanderFaust.4518

AlexanderFaust.4518

I’m not sure exactly like this, but that was an awesome video haha. I don’t really want the home instance to turn into a Sims 3 “design-house” thing, because that’s not really what the game is for. But being able to design your own house would be fun.

lol, yea… something like that

Currently I’m looking at that game (Wildstar) as Guild Wars 2 ~ WoW edition.
As it takes a LOT of the features that make GW2 special and put them in the cartoon/anime aesthetic.

This is prolly because Wildstar is also made by NC Soft (parent company to ArenaNet).

Though I’ve never been big on player housing (never seen a point) after watching that vid and the 4 part interview of other game mechanics ~ it makes me kind of excited..

Check’em out on Gametrailers:: http://www.gametrailers.com/games/xvox86/wildstar/videos-trailers#features

Perhaps they’ll give ya some good ideas for improving GW2

in Suggestions

Mimir.4690

Thanks for the link, Alexander. When I have time, I’ll definitely check it out.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nicodemus.1486

Nicodemus.1486

awesome, would love this. RIFT has something similar going into their game, and it looks like a sweet feature. i’d love to see it grow and be expanded.

i’d love to tend my own herb garden in my very own home, which i can then use for cooking. =)

in Suggestions

Posted by: PaybackPrahl.3192

PaybackPrahl.3192

Completely agree. Would love to have a customizable home instance in The Grove (for my Sylvari character). Home upgrades would be a tempting thing to spend Karma points or some other currency on.

in Suggestions

Mimir.4690

Having your own gardens for chefs would be a lot of fun. But I’d worry about people abusing that for “loot”. If there was a way that they could only use it for their crafting stations, or maybe had to spend money on purchasing the seeds and maintaining it, it may keep looters at bay. But I’m not entirely sure. =P

in Suggestions

Posted by: saul.6893

saul.6893

they were going make a Skyrim-Styled Home Instance but then they took an…….

Naw, the dragon came down an killed everyone.

Tears Of The Ascended [ToA] – Dragonbrand

in Suggestions

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I already picked one of the houses in the Divinity’s Reach instance as mine But making it customizable could be fun.

That is a really cool video. If they keep that humor in the game I’ll certainly be checking out Wildstar. Reminds me of a Warner Bros cartoon

I do like their solution to the issue of urban blight that the Star Wars Galaxies housing system suffered. Brilliant idea to go vertical!

GW2 doesn’t have to worry about that with the instances but it would be interesting if there is an exchange of ideas between the two games.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Binaryravenx.2781

Binaryravenx.2781

I believe they said they are working on doing guild halls and player housing… Wish I could find the link.

Vaxra – Sword/Dagger Ranger

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeson Thackery.5927

Aeson Thackery.5927

Eh, Skyrim’s housing was very lack luster to me, all you did was buy stuff that would magically appear, you couldnt move any of it.

My housing thread is huge now, and has some great creative ideas on it!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Housing/first