Slayer/Monster Hunting

Slayer/Monster Hunting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darkness.5410

Darkness.5410

The idea here is simple. Add in slayer ‘masters’ that give you a random challenge to kill a certain number of monsters in the world. Once you kill the required number you’ll be awarded with slayer tokens and experience/karma/coins.
The tokens can be traded in for unique armour/weapons/etc that are only obtainable through slayer.

Include about 5 different slayer masters, each offering random monsters to kill but only to certain levelled players. The lowest level slayer master offers level 1-15 monsters, and therefore a smaller reward. The highest level slayer master offers level 70-80 monsters, and gives a bigger reward.
A player of level 80 can use all slayer masters, whereas a level 1 character can only use the 1-15 master.

An important note: Once a player accepts a task they can not get a new one until they complete it. Players can only get rid of a task if they pay using slayer tokens. The price should be reasonable, but should make players think twice before skipping a task. There should be no time limit for a task.

If you want to really make people interested, include an individual slayer level for each character, of which they progress through completing slayer tasks.
(I have no ideas as of yet for why it would be beneficial for a player to level up their slayer level. My only idea was an increase in damage to monsters in PVE, such as 10% more damage to everything when the player has a slayer level of 400. However this may make people only search for players with 400 slayer in dungeons, so the cons may overcome the benefits.)

Here is an example task:
Kill 47 Bandits in Queensdale. Reward: 2 slayer tokens, coins/karma/experience.

Not only will this idea get players to visit previously explored areas, but it is a good time sink for when people are stuck for what to do.

Thanks for reading and please discuss any changes or additions you would make to this idea.

Slayer/Monster Hunting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darkness.5410

Darkness.5410

Seriously nobody likes this idea?

Slayer/Monster Hunting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Something like this should simply be folded into the new daily achievements with its tokens, rather than having another set of tokens to manage. Since we don’t know what sort of new dailies they will have, it’s possible this is already upcoming.

Slayer/Monster Hunting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Broseph.9104

Broseph.9104

RuneScape 2005. Good times.

EE Sama PvF eSports

Slayer/Monster Hunting

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I agree, good idea but should be added to dailies.

Slayer/Monster Hunting

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Slayer Master, Slayer Tasks… Yep, Runescape. I don’t think this is necessary with the new dailies we’ll be getting.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Slayer/Monster Hunting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It’s quite likely that this will be one of the new daily/monthly tasks introduced in the February-March update.