Slow Down the Zerg

Slow Down the Zerg

in Suggestions

Posted by: Keirion.9105

Keirion.9105

I don’t have a problem with people wanting to do open world content in large groups, but it seems like something is going wrong with scaling when groups of 10+ are finishing dynamic events (I’m looking at you SoD) considerably faster than smaller groups.

Reasons this is bad:
1. It discourages smaller group play and exploration in favor of the “zerg”
2. It causes the “zerg” to go through content so fast that those doing events where the “zerg” is not frequently have the “zerg” descend upon them and in utter horror have their experience of the event destroyed.

While I believe that the difficulty (ie damage, positioning, etc) of events could definitely use to be increased in large group situations, one simple solution, would be simply to increase mobs health by about 20x of what it is currently when facing groups of 10+. This would slow down battles to make them more comparable in speed to those of groups of 2-5 people.

This would cause players to feel free to explore any area how they choose and not have to constantly be afraid of having the “zerg” descend while in certain zones.

It would also slow battles down enough to allow for tactic requirements to increase as they actually have time to think about how they’re interacting with the boss.

Slow Down the Zerg

in Suggestions

Posted by: tiennen.6890

tiennen.6890

I’ll support this. The “Zerg” mentality is highly annoying in this game, and seems to be quite prevalent.

Slow Down the Zerg

in Suggestions

Posted by: GrimShade.8091

GrimShade.8091

Here’s an idea….Captain monsters. In every trash group thrown a Capitan that scales with the zerg. Not to the extent of the Champs but just enough to slow the zerg down.

Slow Down the Zerg

in Suggestions

Posted by: Threndor.6503

Threndor.6503

Create “districts” for the zones, only allow like max 100 (?) people per zone. You can even add an option to jump to a district that only allows 3 parties of 5 people max.

Slow Down the Zerg

in Suggestions

Posted by: poe lyfe.5879

poe lyfe.5879

am i the only one that likes being in a mmo with lots of other people tearing apart monster hoards? how is any of what i just said a bad thing? if you want to play a game with 2-5 people get a single player game or one with local multiplayer and invite some friends. ive only been in a zerg group a few times and every time by accident but i loved it every time.

Wintersday is for the Charr, also Meatober.

Slow Down the Zerg

in Suggestions

Posted by: Threndor.6503

Threndor.6503

If you want to keep certain encounters a challenge or you want to have a challenge while encountering certain champions, a zerg is really unwanted. On the other hand in a low level zone there was this event of slaying a giant, I think I really liked rezzing other players but the battle (using gun) was boring

Slow Down the Zerg

in Suggestions

Posted by: Keirion.9105

Keirion.9105

am i the only one that likes being in a mmo with lots of other people tearing apart monster hoards? how is any of what i just said a bad thing? if you want to play a game with 2-5 people get a single player game or one with local multiplayer and invite some friends. ive only been in a zerg group a few times and every time by accident but i loved it every time.

I can enjoy large group play. I don’t enjoy large group play where my main focus is getting a hit on the monster before it dies. I do not enjoy large groups killing things extremely quickly and rushing around the map.

For example, I love dragon battles and their size, the number of people, and the amount of time they take. I do wish they would be a little bit tougher with larger groups, but that’s another discussion.

I also enjoy small group play, and do not like when large groups suddenly rush over whatever I’m doing while I’m halfway through doing it in a smaller group. It’s very jarring and not fun.