Some guild improvements

Some guild improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: kevin.3584

kevin.3584

Just some minor suggestions that would be good when you’re active in a guild. Not sure if posted before though, have checked but couldn’t find it.

So I’m the leader of a small, social guild and recruiting new players when i can. I can check my guild roster to see who’s online and who’s representing, which is fine. But i would love to see when a newly invited player starts representing. I mean, it’s a social guild, i should be able to give a new player a proper welcome, and not having to have my guild pane active until i see the player accepted the invite.

It would also be nice to see when a player was last online. It’s a bit misleading to promote a guild with 100 members while only 10 are really active. With this option i can remove inactive players so they can make place for active players.

Last things, i heard it was possible to have your own designed guild emblem, and that alliances would be possible. Any confirmation on that?

For the rest, great game! keep up the good work Anet!

EDIT: I forgot some stuff Tried to change the Guild Message of the Day (gmotd), and while the button says “edit” it only allows you to make a new gmotd, rather than editing an existing one. It’s not even able to copy the old message and paste it in the textbox, and then edit it. It’s not really something that turns me off, it’s just inconvenient so thought i’d post it. Also, I think the messages could be a bit longer, since there is enough space in the guild pane.

(edited by kevin.3584)

Some guild improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

I would like to add to this thread.

Can we have the MOTD display on login like it did in GW1? Mainly to welcome people that day with any new information, but I’m sure many of us have websites that we wouldn’t mind people signing up to, and having that info as soon as they log on can help, especially if there’s meta-discussion for guild interests.

Function that pings when guildies come online/offline.

An option to hide all offline players.

Some guild improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elle.8064

Elle.8064

I would also suggest that it only show players as “online” if they are currently IN the game, not on their character screen. As soon as someone logs into their account, they show up as online. It can be misleading if you’re saying “Hello <name>” and they actually aren’t there.

I’m not sure if they don’t announce a player’s online/offline status because players can change that at any time they are online. It wasn’t announced in the first game either. It might be to give players more privacy and to not have the “hello” spammed to them as they sign on. Players can also immediately mark themselves as “offline” from their friends list, where I believe you still see guild chat, but people cannot either see you there (online in the roster), or whisper you (although you are not actually invisible in the game lol). Again, another feature from the first game.

Some guild improvements

in Suggestions

kevin.3584

I would also suggest that it only show players as “online” if they are currently IN the game, not on their character screen. As soon as someone logs into their account, they show up as online. It can be misleading if you’re saying “Hello <name>” and they actually aren’t there.

Good point

I’m not sure if they don’t announce a player’s online/offline status because players can change that at any time they are online. It wasn’t announced in the first game either. It might be to give players more privacy and to not have the “hello” spammed to them as they sign on. Players can also immediately mark themselves as “offline” from their friends list, where I believe you still see guild chat, but people cannot either see you there (online in the roster), or whisper you (although you are not actually invisible in the game lol). Again, another feature from the first game.

Privacy should be respected So i don’t think it’s necessary to alert when a player comes online, or players should at least be able to turn it on / off. But when someone joins the guild for the first time, a notification would be nice.
Additionally, wouldn’t it be nice if new players see the Guild Message of the Day when they first join? Best would be if anyone who comes online gets the GMotD for their representing guild.

Some guild improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Praytell.8164

Praytell.8164

I thought guild emblems were customizable already? I mean you have to have the influence points to buy the perk but I think that part is already in game. Unless of course you mean like you importing your own image or something like that. Don’t know if that can be done or will be done. Might be a cool idea though.

Some guild improvements

in Suggestions

kevin.3584

Unless of course you mean like you importing your own image or something like that. Don’t know if that can be done or will be done. Might be a cool idea though.

That’s what i meant I created my own and it would be awesome to have it on my tabard. I think it’ll stand out a bit more instead of an existing design where you can only change color.

Some guild improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

The whole guild roster is a complete mess ihmo. It’s so hard to get any meaningful information from it. At a minimum I think the following improvements need to be made.

Split the display by Rank, with online members of that rank shown first.

Show last login date

Allow users to see join date.

Show total numbers in each rank and the total guild cap for that guild.

E.g

DVDF XX/500 online

Leader
..Shanaeri Rynale

Senior Officers (2/10)
. Player 1
. Player 2
. player 3 last logged in 3 days agp

Member (3/350)
. Member 1
. Member 2
. Member 3
. Member 4 Last login 6 hours ago.

Atm the roster is all but useless for guild management. What is does display although kinda interesting (like crafting levels) is secondary information. It doesnt really give anything a guild leader needs to know to manage their guild properly and it looks like a poorly presented spreadsheet.

Sorry to be blunt, but it’s not really fit for purpose imho

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

(edited by Shanaeri Rynale.6897)

Some guild improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Patu.9827

Patu.9827

Yes, Edit should be Edit, old text with it. Not totally new box. (so you dont have to write everything again, and again, and again)

Vaka Patu – Warrior – [TLA]

Some guild improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lillium.6481

Lillium.6481

It won’t let me quote, but huge +1 to all requests from Shanaeri Rynale! That kind of information would make managing large guilds (and small ones) much easier!

Some guild improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sparhawk.9120

Sparhawk.9120

Guilds need some focus on updates. Bump

For those intersted in this thread should also check this one https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Guild-Improvements-2

(edited by Sparhawk.9120)

Some guild improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: NazzyDragon.9127

NazzyDragon.9127

What about an ability to mass mail your guild updates, or just specific ranks? Oh and a guild calendar with events you can plan.

Sorry, but this game needs more community interaction. I’m a bit disappointed there, everyone just shuts up and runs on. Guilds are too quiet in that aspect, too.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Some guild improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Mass Guild Mail would be sooo useful…just restrict it to Guild Leader once a day to prevent problems, but even then…

…I’m trying to mail my members info on the Treasure Trove system…such a pain with the EXCESSIVE MESSAGING stupid thing coming up EVERY…SINGLE…TIME…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Some guild improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thomas Gallant.3851

Thomas Gallant.3851

I’d like to see some more custom permissions, mostly in the “admin lower ranks” section (such as allowing someone to invite, but not kick/promote/demote maybe), and maybe a way to set permissions for the treasure trove and deep vault separate, as well as gold access.

And yes, last online would be at the top of my list of requests for the guild system.