Some suggestion to improve GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ray.6149

Ray.6149

Here some suggestion of mine to improve GW2. Hope someone in ArenaNet read it and could find some useful feedback for future development.

1) Emphasize secondary mechanic for most events and boss encounters. Currently, in open world, only few events has some side mechanic. Often secondary mechanic can be just ignored (for example the big cannon for Tequatl).
Most events deserve to be fought through some cooperation with other people.

2) The game needs lots more armor and weapon skins. Aestetic is one of the core concept in the game. Current armors are hard to mix sometimes. With heavy armors, for example, different sets give different results with same dye and don’t fit together, or the armor styles are way too different.
The overal impression is to have just few choices.

3) A nice idea would be to add to current dungeon token system, an elite version of armors and weapons (different look only) that random drop from final chest. That would be a reason to repeat a dungeon without affecting basic dungeon armor/weapon acquisition by tokens.

4) Also in open world a random drop of rare skins will be a great reason to go back and do Events. Additionally, different skins or set parts can be tied to specific regions or Event Chains in order to distribute players across maps.

5) As an alternative, these rare skin can be dropped as single-use recipes, to keep crafting useful.

6) Lots of cosmetic stuff could be added. So few town clothes are present ATM… let’s do something also for the roleplay! It should be also good for the shop to add more, isn’t it?

7) Traits point assignation should be definitely free, and with “+” and “-” button instead of current “only add” button. This will encurage build sperimentation.
In order to avoid changes for single encounter, maybe the traits setup could be permitted only while in a city, or in a safe outpost.

8) The world currently has a great potential for side stories. Ebonhawke has lots of astounding places to visit, same DR… but nothing really happens there. I hope there’s something already planned for those places or, please, add it!
Even a more standard storyline quest chain will be fine, instead of Dynamic Events. There’s plenty of story can be told with such great environment. Please, do it!

9) Guild Roster Panel could benefit of some additional information, as the ones already present in GW1 (times since last connected, who promoted to a higher rank). A better visual separation of ranks in roster will be also useful.

10) Add a couple of “equipped” minipet slots in Hero panel. At the moment minipets lie in collectible section of the bank, unless you pick up some to carry and… waste inventory slots!

Of course, I’m open to discussion.

Cavalieri Del Destino [CDD] – Piken Square
www.cavalierideldestino.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: charleon freeze.6573

charleon freeze.6573

Here some suggestion of mine to improve GW2. Hope someone in ArenaNet read it and could find some useful feedback for future development.

1) Emphasize secondary mechanic for most events and boss encounters. Currently, in open world, only few events has some side mechanic. Often secondary mechanic can be just ignored (for example the big cannon for Tequatl).
Most events deserve to be fought through some cooperation with other people.

2) The game needs lots more armor and weapon skins. Aestetic is one of the core concept in the game. Current armors are hard to mix sometimes. With heavy armors, for example, different sets give different results with same dye and don’t fit together, or the armor styles are way too different.
The overal impression is to have just few choices.

3) A nice idea would be to add to current dungeon token system, an elite version of armors and weapons (different look only) that random drop from final chest. That would be a reason to repeat a dungeon without affecting basic dungeon armor/weapon acquisition by tokens.

4) Also in open world a random drop of rare skins will be a great reason to go back and do Events. Additionally, different skins or set parts can be tied to specific regions or Event Chains in order to distribute players across maps.

5) As an alternative, these rare skin can be dropped as single-use recipes, to keep crafting useful.

6) Lots of cosmetic stuff could be added. So few town clothes are present ATM… let’s do something also for the roleplay! It should be also good for the shop to add more, isn’t it?

7) Traits point assignation should be definitely free, and with “+” and “-” button instead of current “only add” button. This will encurage build sperimentation.
In order to avoid changes for single encounter, maybe the traits setup could be permitted only while in a city, or in a safe outpost.

8) The world currently has a great potential for side stories. Ebonhawke has lots of astounding places to visit, same DR… but nothing really happens there. I hope there’s something already planned for those places or, please, add it!
Even a more standard storyline quest chain will be fine, instead of Dynamic Events. There’s plenty of story can be told with such great environment. Please, do it!

9) Guild Roster Panel could benefit of some additional information, as the ones already present in GW1 (times since last connected, who promoted to a higher rank). A better visual separation of ranks in roster will be also useful.

10) Add a couple of “equipped” minipet slots in Hero panel. At the moment minipets lie in collectible section of the bank, unless you pick up some to carry and… waste inventory slots!

Of course, I’m open to discussion.

1/I agree until a certain point, it should be more usable I agree on that but I guess it should be more of a finisher.

2/No real comments on this.

3/Sound great so far.

4/No real comments on this.

5/No real comment once again.

6/More town cloth is indeed needed I agree on that, there’s like what 10 variations across all races combined.

7/Well free is maybe too much,(not actually sure how much it cost right now tho) maybe cheaper then? I think that Arenanet has it as a goldwell right now.

8/YES MORE LORE! :P I always like lore.

9/Guild needs a lot of updates I agree, for example: login stamp (so you can see how long someone was/is offline), collectibles tab (even if it requires a new research), and then I could think of more for now…

10/Would be fun indeed.

Devotion to that what matters.

in Suggestions

Ray.6149

7/Well free is maybe too much,(not actually sure how much it cost right now tho) maybe cheaper then? I think that Arenanet has it as a goldwell right now.

The fee to reset traits is quite small, actually, but the system is annoying.
Each time i want to try to allocate 5 trait points from one line to another I have to speak with a NPC, pay and restart from scratch to allocate points and traits.

I think it is a barrier if I only mean to try a small variation.

Also I don’t believe this is the main money sink mechanic in game so… it’s better to set it to zero cost.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

Here are a few other things:

1) Allow PVP on Map
Many players complain of being bored to hell when they wait for an event. In stead of just staying doing cheap-chat they could friendly fight each other while others watch and this way learn a lot of new things. Other MMO’s by Arena Net had these features implemented from the start and it proved great success. Players shouldn’t be forced to seek empty rooms in some Mist – that place is for Team vs Tea, objective fighting.

2) There is room for more than one living story at a time.
It takes a few hours for an active player to finish a living story. This is not ok, things should be different in order to constantly offer the player entertaining. Like OP mentioned, Ebonhawke is a good place for action. There are tons of Charr Tanks, Gunner Motorcycles, Huge transport Crawlers outside the city just waiting for the slightest signal to open fire. Ebonhawke is the fortress Charr never managed to breech and the tensions are still high.

3) Cultural armors for professions.
Yes, just like races have their own cultural armor, professions should have as well. What am I talking about? A real Engineer Costume and dresses as well. Wizards should have the option to look like this Each profession should have their very specific clothes.

4) Legendary Clothes
Yes, legendary clothes should be the hardest thing a player can acquire. I’ll give you only 3 examples of legendary clothes:

Light armor – Joy and Sorrow
Medium Armor – Shadow Walker
Heavy Armor – Endless Deep

Many more can be added…

in Suggestions

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

11) move skills with skill bar.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

in Suggestions

Ray.6149

Sorry, don’t get your point..

(edited by Ray.6149)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

(…) Also I don’t believe this is the main money sink mechanic in game so… it’s better to set it to zero cost.

Keep the fee, but (a) make it possible to change it anywhere, and (b) don’t start it from scratch: just remove some points here, to add them there…

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

in Suggestions

Ray.6149

Keep the fee, but (a) make it possible to change it anywhere, and (b) don’t start it from scratch: just remove some points here, to add them there…

Not really a problem with the fee, but if the change could be made anywhere the interface should clearly show you that you are paying when you change points assignation.
I also fear that changing build anywhere could spoil some encounter and/or break the game pace to the whole party.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dragsooth.4071

Dragsooth.4071

I agree with everything the OP said. ESPECIALLY the mini-pet slot and more weapon and armor skins.

:3

in Suggestions

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

Sorry keyboard derp, i meant move skill within the skill bar, for example switch skill 3 and 5.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alex.3156

Alex.3156

Sorry keyboard derp, i meant move skill within the skill bar, for example switch skill 3 and 5.

U can just change the key for every skill. U can make your 5 to be activated when u press 3. Otherwise i don`t see the point of it.
And i agree about the bonus slot for the pets. Now when i press deposit all to collection it moves my pet to.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

+1 to mini pet handling suggestion