South American Themed Content

in Suggestions

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

There was various content of new places and people resembling different world cultures in Guild Wars 1.
Prophecies was western medieval themed
Factions was Asian
Nightfall was North African

I know with time Guild Wars 2 will continue with that tradition and will re-introduce those parts of the world.

What I would like to see is a part of the world that is South American theme with Aztec/Mayan-like weapons and cities with pyramids…. maybe some native South American music?

I have included a pic of a Macuahuitl weapon, to get a picture of what a South American Greatsword would look like.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Hylek and asura

in Suggestions

Soulstar.7812

MOAR.

I like to see some Aztec armor, and weapon styles.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BioHazard.2147

BioHazard.2147

Australian too !!

in Suggestions

Soulstar.7812

Australian too !!

What weapons and structures do Australians have?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Australian too !!

Boomerang
Stubby (Beer in a bottle)
Durry (cigarette)
Thongs (not the underwear but the flip flops you put on your feet)

You could have a profession called The Bogun that has a stubby in one hand and a durry in the other. Special attacks include:

• flickin’ the durry mate: Flick your cigarette (durry) into the enemies face.
  • Call Shazza: summons a Bogun chick that berates your enemy with foul language unbefitting of a lady
  • She’ll be ’right: Ignores condition effects (but they still do damage at the end of duration)
  • Bludgin (not to be confused with bludgeon): Sit around and do nothing while taking all the credit
  • Fangin it: grants swiftness

in Suggestions

Soulstar.7812

Australian too !!

Boomerang
Durry (cigarette)

You could have a profession called The Bogun that has a stubby in one hand and a durry in the other. Special attacks include:

• Call Shazza: summons a Bogun chick that berates your enemy with foul language unbefitting of a lady
  • She’ll be ’right: Ignores condition effects (but they still do damage at the end of duration)
  • Bludgin (not to be confused with bludgeon): Sit around and do nothing while taking all the credit

You know, I am no aussie… but I would like to see a drop-bear in game…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

The Hylek pretty much ARE myan themed. It was the first thing most people said upon learning anything about them.

Everything in GW2 is a mishmash of multiple cultures, the only ones that seemed to have stubbornly remained unchanged in 250 years are the Tengu, except for maybe you can occassionally find one with a rifle.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Hylek and asura

that’s pretty much what i came to say.

there was a mesoamerican-inspired expansion for GW1. it was eventually scrapped, and most of its assets became asuran assets. asuras live in freaking zigurats lol, how much more do you need :P

and then there are the hylek, which are pretty much the frog version of mayans.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Suggestions

Elthurien.8356

Australian too !!

Boomerang
Durry (cigarette)

You know, I am no aussie… but I would like to see a drop-bear in game…

I don’t think the gaming community are ready to take on something as dangerous as a dropbear. They can’t even handle backstabbing invisible thieves, a dropbear would be far more dangerous.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Also for weapons, if you look in pvp locker there’s a set of weapon named forest.
They look very much in style like the sword you posted in OP

Not sure where to get them in PvE though. Probably from karma vendor.
I wanted the shield for my warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tazera.4739

Tazera.4739

There was various content of new places and people resembling different world cultures in Guild Wars 1.
Prophecies was western medieval themed
Factions was Asian
Nightfall was North African

I know with time Guild Wars 2 will continue with that tradition and will re-introduce those parts of the world.

What I would like to see is a part of the world that is South American theme with Aztec/Mayan-like weapons and cities with pyramids…. maybe some native South American music?

I have included a pic of a Macuahuitl weapon, to get a picture of what a South American Greatsword would look like.

Just to correct, Maya and Aztec are not found at all in South America, because the last starts in Colombia, so If you want to refer to the Maya and Aztec then the right term is Central and North America (yes, Mexico is North America, along with Canada and the USA) Maybe Mesoamerican Culture would be more appropriated, just saying

in Suggestions

Elthurien.8356

Soulstar, I have a sword on my ranger that looks identical to the one you linked. It’s a named exotic one-hander. I would love to learn more about south american armour style though, can you provide more info on the culture?

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

There are already weapons like these (Tribal weapons)
Here’s my mesmer wielding the greatsword. It looks indeed like your sword in the picture.

Attachments:

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation