Spears (and other polearms) on land

in Suggestions

Posted by: Schixeno.8596

Schixeno.8596

Why is it that we can only use spears while underwater? Spears are easily one of the most effective combat weapons in the hands of an experienced user. With it’s vastly superior reach, it wouldn’t be too difficult to defeat an opponent with equal skill who use weapons with shorter reach.
With the reach in mind, there’s potential for true melee variety in the game. For example, spears users should be able attack enemies without having to stand right next to them like sword users. This would spice up melee combat in the game and add the dimension of reach into the equation.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Look at my Dragoon Concept, would this be something for you ? ^^

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Suggestions

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

Take a look at my post.
Don’t have the link but it’s pretty much about what weapons ppl want in gw2 lots of love for pole arms.
What I want is a 2h Halberd and a 1h short spear.
My reasoning for the spear is purely cosmetics. I want traditional spear and sheild.

in Suggestions

Posted by: crimsonhawk.7921

crimsonhawk.7921

Definitely, I would love to see polearms, especially for warriors.

Since spears were often used to hold the front line it would be fitting if this was viable to use ON the front line in WvW. Would be nice to see it spice up the warrior defensive skillset, perhaps synergizing with certain traits or utility skills to give warriors a viable alternative to the boring shout-spam build that takes up all our utility slots and makes for a rather monotonous playstyle.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Animag.7634

Animag.7634

1h spear? Never thought of that since spears are normally 2h but I love it! GW2 could really use some new weapons for more skills

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

They would have to make more skills to support it’s usage on land. Probably more work than they want to bother with.

in Suggestions

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

Ya I but it can’t be to hard lol spear are no doubt easy concept.
Bleed + vulnerable = spears
Cripple + knock back? = halberds

Hell I’d even attempt to make all the skills if it means getting my weapons lol.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kamen.2509

kamen.2509

Would absolutely love to see polearms and spears for use on land, also layin a few skill suggestions in here might not be a bad idea!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

i would LOVE a halberd! MAYBE a short spear … yeah. more polearms? score!

in Suggestions

Posted by: General Belisarius.2548

General Belisarius.2548

I love the idea of spears specially 1h. I bought a spear on tp first week only to realize it was only underwater