Special Editions/"Account" Bound Bonus Items

in Suggestions

Posted by: PaladinsHammer.8453

PaladinsHammer.8453

Q:

I recently purchased a “Heroic Edition” copy of the game. With it came all the extra bonus stuff. However, come to find out that the in game bonuses are only available for one character! Although account bound so you can mail them to new characters, what if the character you accepted them on is deleted?

If something is an account perk, it’s my suggestion that each character made has their own items. Not one set to be spread among all of them. That is, every time a new character is made, they have “private access” to the mailed items for themselves. If it is meant to be available for only one character, then perhaps make these items only available through the in game purchasing system (gems) and Soulbind it rather than Account Bound.

Would it really cost ArenaNet more money to allow this? I doubt it would. So please, amend this and give the Account holders what they paid for.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orthas.4937

Orthas.4937

The main people who have the heroic addition as a starting game, don’t need to have things purely account bound, if they are just starting out, they they would(by assumption) only have one character.
btw, too knowledge the only item that really you want to move around on low levels is the 18 slot bag… and they aren’t even hard to get.
Everything else (the mini, the armor and the exp boosters) can easily be stored in the bank, which is the best place to put things if you are going to delete a character.

Newguy – GOM

I play when I can and help who I can

in Suggestions

Posted by: PaladinsHammer.8453

PaladinsHammer.8453

Knowing that NOW doesn’t do anygood. I didn’t know that Banks and gold and things like that were open across all toons or I would have done it that way.

To address new player/one toons. Experienced MMO players can easily create 2 or 3 toons and play them simultaneously. Or in the case, you are new to a game and are just trying out different classes/races you may start one thinking you will like it and then learn you would rather play another class. Happens often.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nix Vixen.1604

Nix Vixen.1604

The main people who have the heroic addition as a starting game, don’t need to have things purely account bound, if they are just starting out, they they would(by assumption) only have one character.

I had more than one character started before opening any of the Heroic goodies. I read the description when mousing over the packages. It gave warnings about being soul-bound, etc. So, I wanted to wait before using them on a character I might regret creating.

Although account bound so you can mail them to new characters,

I guess you know by now that it’s impossible to mail items from one character to another.

“…you ran from skri-i-itt!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

This is a cash grab by NCSoft at the end of the day. GW1 also had bonuses if you bought one of the various special editions and the key difference was you could use them again and again for all your characters simply by typing /bonus into chat.

There is no reason why this could not have been done in GW2 and it makes buying anything other than the standard edition of the game completely pointless unless you particularly enjoy throwing your money away.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.