Spelling check system

Spelling check system

in Suggestions

Posted by: eismen.5261

eismen.5261

Hello Anet,
can you please make available a spelling check system in the game chat?

Spelling check system

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

+100000

<offers eismen and entire boatload of precious cookies of über chocolate goodness>

This message was brought to you by a Blonde Tired of Correcting Other People’s Bad English

Spelling check system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khronus.8370

Khronus.8370

No. HELL NO. This is stupid. people need to learn how to spell. welcome to first grade.

Spelling check system

in Suggestions

robinsiebler.3801

I agree that people should know how to spell. But they don’t. Why should I have to suffer because someone can’t string a simple sentence together? I have literally invented a game to amuse myself with bad typists in lieu of pounding my head on the keyboard…

When I encounter a really bad typist (not a casual typo or mangled sentence, but a sentence I have read 2-3 times and still don’t understand), I do the following:

I pretend that everything they typed was grammatically correct and should make sense to me. Any word that I cannot comprehend is a new word. I assign any new words a random definition, translate the new sentence and respond accordingly.

This messages is from an Evil Kitten Who Hates Bad Typists.

Spelling check system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Colonel Kernel.7506

Colonel Kernel.7506

No. HELL NO. This is stupid. people need to learn how to spell. welcome to first grade.

I was a horrible speller prior to getting spell check. I used spell check to learn to spell because I got tired of getting corrected.

+10 million to the OP.

Spelling check system

in Suggestions

Posted by: eismen.5261

eismen.5261

It would be like fixing a spelling BUG

Spelling check system

in Suggestions

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

why does this even have to be a problem… a few time i hit the wrong key while trying to type in a rush, and people use abbreviations which spell checks usually dont catch.

IMO if you know what they are trying to say then what does it matter. it is a game after all and ment to be fun.. not a spelling exam.

Spelling check system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Feather.9325

Feather.9325

I also would like a little squiggly red line to appear under any misspellings I make so that I have the option to right click on the offending word and correct my mistake. I love to write. I write a lot, but my spelling is an embarrassment. It’s not necessary to have a spell check modification in game, but it would keep me from having to replace a word just because I’m not sure if I spelled it correctly.

And as for the snipe about going back to first grade, education doesn’t have anything to do with it in most cases. It’s been said that Einstein had trouble with basic arithmetic but he was a brilliant mathematician. Sometimes the brain is just wired weird. I have a decent vocabulary but my spelling is atrocious.

I had a spell check mod in WoW. I have spell check in Chrome and Firefox, and in my text editor. I feel textually hamstrung in Guild Wars 2 because I would rather keep silent than risk making a fool of myself by mangling the English language.

TLDR: Spellcheck plz. <3

Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want.

Spelling check system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eandur.8109

Eandur.8109

Kitten you auto-correct!

Spelling check system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Honestly im in a guild with almost other 500 members we make spell mistakes all the kitten time and nobody cares.

Sure we sometimes correct ourselves or someone from time to time correct another person , but usually nobody cares , everyone gets it +- right and everyone understands nobody is righting a paper.

There is no need for this really.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

Spelling check system

in Suggestions

robinsiebler.3801

I role play. Lots of people role play. Many of them, for whatever reason, can barely string a sentence together properly, let alone spell acquaintance correctly. Please, add this feature so I don’t have to read a sentence 3 times to figure out what it was supposed to be.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

Spelling check system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

I lol’d.

edit: On second thought, perhaps A.Net should have a spell-checker…but only for their programmers.

Spelling check system

in Suggestions

robinsiebler.3801

I agree with Khronus, but unfortunately my idea can’t be implemented. The current technology does not support the ability to taze people who chronically misspell words via their keyboard.

This message was brought to you by a Chaotic Kitten

Spelling check system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Indref.2749

Indref.2749

I’m performing the forum faux-pas of bumping a long-dead thread, in the name of this cause.

I would adore a spellcheck option within the game.

Spelling check system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I theenk da speling iz perfikt ahn Gild Worz 2.

But if everyone’s messages looked like that, then I would support this idea.