Staccato notes for the Marriner's Horn

in Suggestions

Posted by: senritsu.2574

senritsu.2574

Please make the note response faster when pressing a button with the horn, as well as make it possible to repeat the same note with less than a second or so in between. A lot of iconic brass/fanfare melodies require staccato on the same note. As it is, a lot of potential applications of the horn are impossible or have to be played very very slowly, even if one works around the major scale limitation.

Alternatively, at least change the behaviour when releasing and pressing the same note again to restart the note after the current default note length (thereby enabling at least moderately fast repeating of a note), instead of continuing the note if the time between release and re-press was not long enough.

tl;dr:
Make the horn more responsive, so we can actually play awesome stuff on it.

PS: Because people will surely argue that that would make the horn even more annoying, i would say the potential for trolling is big enough as it is with held notes, it can only get better

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

agree, the horn has to be more responsive. I did not spend 20+ gold on gems just to get a horn that cannot play fast notes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bdotalex.7201

bdotalex.7201

Yeah, I agree… the horn is completely useless at the moment for little more than making a racket… imo, unless they give the horn minor scale notes, and faster response, it would be better off just having 8 pre-recorded tunes for the horn on each button, and not allow the player to play it at all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dragsooth.4071

Dragsooth.4071

Anet, PLEASE listen to this person :C

:3

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

Why should you get some notes on a silly little jingle bell when an entire profession (ranger) is on its deathbed? Priorities: learn them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

Why should you get some notes on a silly little jingle bell when an entire profession (ranger) is on its deathbed? Priorities: learn them.

This reply makes absolutely no sense in the context of this >suggestion< topic…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

This reply makes absolutely no sense in the context of this >suggestion< topic…

It makes perfect sense. Why should the devs focus on this over thousands of far more important issues?

Because the devs are quite capable of making priorities themselves I’d say. And since this sub-forum is meant for suggestions, of whatever magnitude or importance, I doubt they need a player replying to another player on what priorities are needed in terms of suggestions. Besides that the OP never mentioned it being a priority, just a request ;-)