Stagnant and Boring WvW

Stagnant and Boring WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rokusho.4950

Rokusho.4950

WvW has been, at least for my friends and myself (may not apply to all people), been very boring and stagnant.

However i’ve been thinking “Why doesn’t ANet allow friendly fire in WvW?”

They can make so that friendly fire affects everyone except the people in your 5 man party. This would discourage brainless zerg battles, these would be a fight between 2 group of 50 players that only spam ranged attacks non stop until 1 side disappears. With friendly fire it would encourage warriors and thieves to jump into the enemy zerg, because if the zerg is unorganized they would end up spamming AoEs on friendlies.

Also the rankings in WvW would not be determined by which server has the most players, but instead would tell people which server has the most loyal players. Having a server with a large population means nothing, having a server of players that can set aside the desire to randomly kill each other to make their server number 1 can be difficult.

There’s a lot more possibilities, but i’m going to stop here. Partly because i’m in lecture right now and also because it’s pointless to continue if the mass majority don’t like/support this idea.

I’d appreciate all input and my end goal is to make GW2 more fun and challenging

To punish and enslave

Stagnant and Boring WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elm.8169

Elm.8169

Now we can start paying guilds to go TO Blackgate/Jade Quarry/SOR and friendly fire all over their zergs!

Stagnant and Boring WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

WvW will get better with the new map. Wait for it.

Stagnant and Boring WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rokusho.4950

Rokusho.4950

@Elm – it is a legitimate strategy, although expensive, it is legitimate. Also other server could implement the same strategy

@Rash – new maps don’t mean a change in gameplay. For example look at GW2 PvP. Every new map that comes out is conquest based. They just for some reason refuse to have a 8v8 team vs team PvP

Lastly if we implement friendly fire, GW2 would actually have something to do with its name. Reason: when capturing a tower or castle, Blackgate players could attack other Blackgate players to increase the chances of having their own guild emblem displayed on the tower or castle

To punish and enslave

Stagnant and Boring WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cold Hearted Person.6154

Cold Hearted Person.6154

Well, even if people wont suport your idea you still can voice it, this part of forum is for that purpose.
Anyway, ther is too many factors that cause WvW to be boring and stangant to be simply resolved by adding 1 or 2 new meachnics, WvW would need major overhaul.

Also that new map is not part of WvW strugle, its just more complex version of pvp map which wont afect WvW scores and you can only get in to it if WvW sever is full.

p.s. Ther are skills that have aoe effect and you cant controle who will get in to aoe range not to mention some profession have only aoe skills, like Engineer which 90% of attack skills are aoe, friendly fire would make WvW’ers to hate Engineers for it.

(edited by Cold Hearted Person.6154)