Starter item merchant

Starter item merchant

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cyrus.8261

Cyrus.8261

As the title implies I’d love to see a vendor that sells you the starter item you chose during character creation, so that you can use it to apply the skin to higher level items if you lost the original.

The choice is already stored in the character, so it shouldn’t be hard to filter the available item. If that’s not possible, maybe sell all three choices for your class.

Starter item merchant

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoboKendo.8492

LoboKendo.8492

That kind of defeats the purpose the choosing the option in your story.

As a Guard, I chose the Helmet. But wait, here’s the stuff you didn’t choose any way.

That kind of ruins it. :\

80 Charr Guardian – Guild Leader of Solidus [SDS] on Yak’s Bend.

Starter item merchant

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I was able to buy my starter armor from a vendor. I don’t recall where, but I believe it was just a normal vendor.

Starter item merchant

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cyrus.8261

Cyrus.8261

That kind of defeats the purpose the choosing the option in your story.

As a Guard, I chose the Helmet. But wait, here’s the stuff you didn’t choose any way.

That kind of ruins it. :\

I would prefer that you can only get the one you chose at creation, but I can imagine there might be nothing in the merchant code to allow that. In that case I’d rather have the choice of all three than nothing at all.

I’ve been faithfully transmuting my guardian’s shoulderpiece too everytime I’ve gotten a better one, but on my thief alt I accidentally vendored the hood while trying out one with different stats.

I’m not going to bother support with it, having seen their answer that they can’t restore single items. But I would love to be able to fix it myself at a merchant.

Starter item merchant

in Suggestions

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

That would be great!

Starter item merchant

in Suggestions

Posted by: melkathi.5203

melkathi.5203

Quite a few people have (accidentaly) deleted the background based starter item, not aware that this may be a unique look never optainable again.
The fact that all guides, when it comes to character creation state that the specific question “just affects the gear you start with” does not help.
Adding a merchant would let players easily and quickly fix some silly mistake. It would remove a minor annoyance without truly “cheapening” others’ play experience.

Starter item merchant

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mouse.1945

Mouse.1945

After reaching level 80 on my thief, I’ve finally come to the horrible realization that there are no other medium armor hoods than the one I started with. I didn’t pay attention because I was having fun, but now that I’m at the point where I’m thinking about my character’s appearance. Obviously rerolling at this point is out of the question, and ArenaNet didn’t make it at all clear that the starter item was actually completely unique in its appearance. I’m very disappointed and would like for some way to get that piece of gear back on my thief.

Starter item merchant

in Suggestions

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

There is a way to get that hood back.. have you been looking into the thief forum?

Starter item merchant

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nomad Proxy.1652

Nomad Proxy.1652

I received a response today for a ticket I submitted 15 days ago about my Engineer’s Multi-Tool Pack that reads, “… unable to replace individual items in the manner that you are describing. We simply do not have the tools to provide this service at this time.”

In my opinion, If Collector’s Edition Bonus items can be restored then other items should be able to be restored as well.

I agree with Cyrus and melkathi about a merchant to sell or give the character story item back. It would also lessen the burden of people buggering the support team about this ! A good place to put said merchant would be in the characters’ “Home” instance in their starting city. I also agree that the item should only be re-purchased by the character that had made that story choice in character creation.

Attachments:

(edited by Nomad Proxy.1652)

Starter item merchant

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadowborn.3529

Shadowborn.3529

I received a response today for a ticket I submitted 15 days ago about my Engineer’s Multi-Tool Pack that reads, “… unable to replace individual items in the manner that you are describing. We simply do not have the tools to provide this service at this time.”

In my opinion, If Collector’s Edition Bonus items can be restored then other items should be able to be restored as well.

I agree with Cyrus and melkathi about a merchant to sell or give the character story item back. It would also lessen the burden of people buggering the support team about this ! A good placed to put said merchant would be in the characters’ “Home” instance in their starting city. I also agree that the item can only be re-purchased by the character that has made that story choice in character creation.

Ive been deadly careful knowing the prob i might have if i was to vendor my item, i double check every time i transmutate it. Although i would be alot happier knowing if was to ******* it up and lose my starter item there is a vendor to replace it for me. But definitly the one i chose and that only as that is the part of the story line.

Starter item merchant

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadeofgrey.3065

Shadeofgrey.3065

I vote YES.

Necros have awsome looking masks that they can start with, and no other item can compare to their awsomenss.

I was recently working on the appearance of my Norn Necro, and have decided that the t1 sheepskin set is the look for her-at least from the sholders down. I did have the Demon Mask, but I accidentaly lost it during transmutation. Now I am deeply saddened by the fact that her awsome look will never be complete.

Starter item merchant

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pendragon.1602

Pendragon.1602

I also deleted my Multi-Tool Pack, which I now regret!!! So I would really like a way to get my pack back.