Stop Camera Movement After Death

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lensar.4920

Lensar.4920

When you die, if you do not release right away, the camera starts to randomly move, even if you’re actively using it to watch what’s going on. Please disable camera movement after death or at least after the player was moved the camera themselves. It’s frustrating to wrestle with it when you’re trying to see if the rest of your group is going to survive a fight.

Lensar – [End] Rasnel – 80 Warrior
Ascalons Requiem – Blackgate
Public Blackgate WvW Forum: http://bit.ly/X3Bifl

in Suggestions

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

agree it is very annoying especialy in WvW when you want to see in which direction the enemy is heading, so you can warn the group about them advancing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zzxy.8175

Zzxy.8175

i agree, if your trying to hone in on the location of the fight and/or any potential allies it can be very annoying to, as you said, ‘wrestle’ with it.

+1 for this idea

You feel the core of your being shift
as the Source makes room for a
divine presence. Zzxy has just posted.

in Suggestions

Posted by: hahawinner.5273

hahawinner.5273

I also agree with this but with one little change to what the OP put. Instead of taking it out altogether, why not just have an option added to the “video” tab in the options menu to “Disable Spinning Death Cam”?

Doing it this way would make it so people who do enjoy it or want it can have it but people who don’t like it can just turn it off. I find it annoying in WvW, PvP, and dungeons but I tend to like it in PvE at the lower levels.

in Suggestions

Lensar.4920

Instead of taking it out altogether, why not just have an option added to the “video” tab in the options menu to “Disable Spinning Death Cam”?

Good idea, best of both worlds.

in Suggestions

Posted by: AriaSilverfyre.8702

AriaSilverfyre.8702

Instead of taking it out altogether, why not just have an option added to the “video” tab in the options menu to “Disable Spinning Death Cam”?

Seconded. That’s a great idea.

Guild Leader of ’"The Gryphons Aerie [REST]": A PvE/RP family
Join Us – http://www.thegryphonsaerie.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Another great suggestion. Turn off the “death spin” cam or allow the player to chose.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

What I’d like to see:

If the character dies, the camera starts to move on its own after a few seconds.

If the player takes control of the camera, that spin stops. Entirely. Player can readjust the camera once and then not touch it again, and the camera will not try to restart the spinning randomness.

That’s it. I don’t see a need for a game option here. If the player doesn’t mind the spinning camera, they can do nothing once their character is defeated. If the player doesn’t like the spinning camera, they can readjust it quickly and turn it off (until the next time they’re defeated, but that’s nowhere near as annoying as current implementation).

in Suggestions

Lensar.4920

If the player takes control of the camera, that spin stops. Entirely. Player can readjust the camera once and then not touch it again, and the camera will not try to restart the spinning randomness.

That’s exactly how I expect (and want) it to work when I use the camera control now, and it’s frustrating to wrestle with it when it doesn’t. This is a better solution than the toggle, but I’ll happily take the toggle over having it stay the way it is now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

In this situation I would like the option we had in GW1: click other characters in the field and see the game as a spectator
or
add a new visual effect that the character’s soul – a transparent character model – will run free around the battle field without being hit but seen by other players

in Suggestions

Posted by: hahawinner.5273

hahawinner.5273

I still think adding an option to toggle it would be the best idea but I see what your saying, it would be just ANOTHER thing to dig through options to set, which is, of course, very annoying.
Maybe something that would be better is if its OFF by default(to have you happy, no changes need to be done on your part) but if your one of those players who like it at certain times, you can press the / key on the number pad to toggle it on or off, this way your not digging through an option menu.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Antarian.2489

Antarian.2489

VERY annoying, please add option to toggle this ON/OFF

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fletch.4603

Fletch.4603

Highly annoying. Please put in a toggle in options. I hate to compare to WoW but WoW had ideal camera

in Suggestions

Posted by: Woopdeedoo.2943

Woopdeedoo.2943

This was THE most annoying thing in the first game, and even though the sequel has more annoyances, this still takes the cake. There is nothing quite as infuriating as having to literally wrestle with a game interface.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

What I’d like to see:

If the character dies, the camera starts to move on its own after a few seconds.

That’s it. I don’t see a need for a game option here. If the player doesn’t mind the spinning camera, they can do nothing once their character is defeated. If the player doesn’t like the spinning camera, they can readjust it quickly and turn it off (until the next time they’re defeated, but that’s nowhere near as annoying as current implementation).

Sounds solid. I personally don’t want it to keep spinning after I’ve adjusted the camera either.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

(edited by Evan Lesh.3295)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Havidos.9328

Havidos.9328

I concur, deathspin camera is annoying!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If the player takes control of the camera, that spin stops. Entirely.

+1. Works for me: simple, intuitive, little effort.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Awlbiste.1803

Awlbiste.1803

Yeah, the spinning camera makes me seasick a little bit.

Awlbie – All Out Assault [AoA] Division Second – Stormbluff Isle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dino.3680

Dino.3680

I agree the spinning camera after death is very annoying, however there is a way to hinder the camera from moving on its own.
Before the camera starts moving just start to scroll the mouse wheel, and as long as you keep scrolling the camera will be stationary.

Yes,yes i know this is tedious work, but until they add an option to disable the camera movement after death this will have to do.

Kind regards. ~Dino

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

The best idea I’ve seen in weeks. Absolutely no downside, huge upside, no real effect on anything except the problem.

Brilliant. +1

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

in wvw you shouldn’t see anything but the map once you are dead. Enough with the corpse spying. you are dead, you shouldn’t be able to see.

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Corpse spying doesn’t change anything in WvW. Everyone knows exactly where everyone is by the giant signs on the map.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tom.3981

Tom.3981

Interestingly I am annoyed by this for more than one year. I didn’t consider posting about this until today, but I’m fed with this. Especially because the camera zooms, and I need to re-adjust the camera when I’m revived. It is really disturbing while fighting the new Tequatl since it requires to stay focused (on the fight) and a wide field of view is mandatory to be efficient.

So please allow us to remove this unpleasant effect, at least this zoom.

Thanks!

in Suggestions

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Interestingly I am annoyed by this for more than one year. I didn’t consider posting about this until today, but I’m fed with this. Especially because the camera zooms, and I need to re-adjust the camera when I’m revived. It is really disturbing while fighting the new Tequatl since it requires to stay focused (on the fight) and a wide field of view is mandatory to be efficient.

Thanks!

I’m pretty sure they already fixed this issue a couple of patches ago…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Great idea, I support it. +1

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Suggestions

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

can we spectate party members again when dead ? Like in GW1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

can we spectate party members again when dead ? Like in GW1

^This… I miss being able to see what my party members are doing before they come back to rescue me.

But back on topic…yes, please do away with the death spin camera… it’s a PITA.

Level 80 Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Thanks!

The issue you are reporting is separate from what was discussed in this thread from early this/last year. The issue you are reporting, which is highly annoying, is the camera zooming all the way in on your character upon being downed. When you rally from being downed you must re-zoom your camera back out, and if you are downed again then the camera zooms all the way in on your character all over again. Repeat.

This issue was taken care of in the past so the camera would not auto-zoom in fully on your character upon being downed, but the “Nightmare Within” update (and maybe even back to the “Tower of Nightmares” update) reintroduced this issue.

Perhaps someone should consider posting this issue appropriately into its own thread in the Bugs Forum in the hopes that it might gain attention there and be corrected.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |