Stop ignoring engineers

Stop ignoring engineers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

Recently fifteen (FIFTEEN) threads have been made in the bug sub-forum about issues relating to engineer turrets. Not only have these threads gotten no response, but some of the issues outlined have existed for month, even going back to release. However a single thread created at the same time about a minor guardian exploit got an instantaneous developer response and assurance of a fix being swiftly on the way.

Arena Net, if you’re not ignoring engineers then you really need to do or something to prove that. Tossing us a bone with the recent class overhaul patch is not enough when a good third of our utility skills are, and always have been, non-functional. Stop treating us like dirt.

That is not a suggestion; it is a demand. And if saying that is justification for some mod to delete this thread, just know now that I’ll simply make a new one. Those who know me here can attest to just how stubborn I am when it comes to getting developer attention.

Stop ignoring engineers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Hundreds of threads on the thief forum about how crappy venoms are. Anet hasn’t done anything about it. We are starting to give up. :|

Stop ignoring engineers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Hundreds of threads on the thief forum about how crappy venoms are. Anet hasn’t done anything about it. We are starting to give up. :|

Dont give up!
Having the bandwidth to reply to every thread is impossible. And oftentimes backlash resulting from said dev reply is worse than if they said nothing at all.

Forum goers see an ANet dev post and they immediately go crazy, it’s like a drop of blood in a shark tank. Next thing you know, people are in a QQ frenzy, the original topic is long forgotten as people demand answers to their individual questions, and any semblance of of a constructive atmosphere is gone.

Were that not the case, I feel like we’d see a lot more ANet posts (or dev posts across all the different mmos for that matter).

Stop ignoring engineers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

We are not ignored at all. Because everytime we get a strong build anet will spare no expense to nerf it

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Stop ignoring engineers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

they have already stated that they read the forums regularly. Paying somebody to reply to every htread at out every whim takes away resources and further lengthens time to work on the problems.

Stop ignoring engineers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Here come another ANet employee: "Just because we don’t reply, doesn’t mean we don’t listen! I have an Engineer myself and I would also love to see improvements!’

I understand them and eventhough there have been slight improvements, I would love to pickup the Turrets again one day as I’ve enjoyed them tremedously while leveling, but they are very underwhelming at the moment..

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Stop ignoring engineers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I think we casn all agree that engineers need improvements. But I also think that we are far from being ignored. One of the OP’s gripes is that all these posts get no response. Sp I point out they do and have responded. But it is unreasonable to expect them to keep responding according to the whim of every player who makes a post. And for them to even try to do it would be counter productive and would make us even unhappier because it would mean they are able to work on less issues.

Stop ignoring engineers

in Suggestions

Arkham Creed.7358

I think we casn all agree that engineers need improvements. But I also think that we are far from being ignored. One of the OP’s gripes is that all these posts get no response. Sp I point out they do and have responded. But it is unreasonable to expect them to keep responding according to the whim of every player who makes a post. And for them to even try to do it would be counter productive and would make us even unhappier because it would mean they are able to work on less issues.

Fair point, actions speak louder than words anyway. Of course engineers suffering today from the exact same bugs we were reporting IN BETA feels a lot like inaction. And inaction says something too.

Stop ignoring engineers

in Suggestions

Zacchary.6183

Dont give up!
Having the bandwidth to reply to every thread is impossible. And oftentimes backlash resulting from said dev reply is worse than if they said nothing at all.

Forum goers see an ANet dev post and they immediately go crazy, it’s like a drop of blood in a shark tank. Next thing you know, people are in a QQ frenzy, the original topic is long forgotten as people demand answers to their individual questions, and any semblance of of a constructive atmosphere is gone.

Were that not the case, I feel like we’d see a lot more ANet posts (or dev posts across all the different mmos for that matter).

Thief community believes that since none of the devs play thief that the devs don’t have that much of a reason to go there. Although it would be nice if a dev proved us wrong and actually mained one so that he/she could vouch for our gripes.

Stop ignoring engineers

in Suggestions

Arkham Creed.7358

The thief gets way, way, way more positive communication and work done than the engineer, so please don’t derail my thread.

Stop ignoring engineers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I do not think the developers are ignoring any profession. Some developer once mentioned in these forums that his main character is an engineer. And more than one Arenanet developers have thief mains.

Even if all the bugs get fixed, turrets are problematic. While they can be useful in some spvp/tpvp scenarios, they are nearly useless in dungeons and WvWvW, because of the following reasons:
- turrets are immobile, sometimes combined with high cooldown
- incredibly stupid AI e.g. net turret attacking a door, which is of course immune to its attack
- very low health pool (generally around 7k health)
- huge hit box (any nearby AoE hits them)

Turrets get destroyed literally in 1-2 seconds on a boss fight or high level monster mob or a WvWvW zerg fight. The only useful turret at the moment is healing turret and even then you use it immediately for condition removal and water fields.

Rangers have been complaining about pets for ages. I have a level 80 ranger and I can testify that pets are more useful than turrets in the above mentioned situations. Pets are mobile, can have over 40k health (5-6x turret health pool!), they can be healed and commanded (albeit it is quirky and pet might be out of range) and lick wounds (ranger underwater downed state #3) is incredibly powerful underwater. So despite all those ranger complaints in most situations pet is many times better than a turret.

I am afraid that all these issues won’t be fixed, because that might make turrets overpowered for 1 vs 1 in WvWvW. I am mostly a solo roamer in WvWvW and do that everyday, but still true 1 vs 1 pretty rare. Thus I am afraid we will continue to see turrets being useless in WvWvW and high end pve.

Arenanet could however gives some WvWvW and pve only buffs to engineers. After all engineers are the rarest profession in those game modes:
- change mortar elite into a kit (it can be carried around and swapped, currently mortar is more or less useless as it is stationary and gets destroyed so easily, mortar #3 is the weakest heal in the game)
- increase range of blunderbuss + overcharged shot by 100 (to current) with rifled barrels trait
- make blunderbuss (rifle #3) a blast finisher
- make backbag regenerator trait scale better with healing power (new healing 120+0.1*healing power / second)
- reduce cooldown of slick shoes to 45 seconds
- toss elixir R, reduce revive percent to 10%, make elixir R instant cast stun break, refilling endurance and 40 s cooldown
- rework personal battering ram’s toolbelt skill so that it gives engineer 5 s stability (which engineer is seriously lacking)
- leg mods trait should be completely reworked to give 5 s stability on 60 s cooldown when engineer is dazed, knocked down, launched, pushed back, or stunned (similar to last stand)

Pretty much all of the above are rarely used skills and traits in WvWvW / pve.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

Stop ignoring engineers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Even if all the bugs get fixed, turrets are problematic. While they can be useful in some spvp/tpvp scenarios, they are nearly useless in dungeons and WvWvW, because of the following reasons:
- turrets are immobile, sometimes combined with high cooldown
- incredibly stupid AI e.g. net turret attacking a door, which is of course immune to its attack
- very low health pool (generally around 7k health)
- huge hit box (any nearby AoE hits them)

Turrets get destroyed literally in 1-2 seconds on a boss fight or high level monster mob or a WvWvW zerg fight.

To ease immobility and long cooldown… “Dismantle Turret” takes apart a turret, reducing the cooldown. Hold down F next to a turret, channeled, 1.5 seconds.

Change Targeting Priority: Hostile Players, Hostile NPCs, Hostile Objects (Doors, siege, other turrets)

For low Health and AOE Issues: New Turret Trait- Armored Turrets: Turrets take 75% less damage from ranged attacks.

Stop ignoring engineers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gizmo.8623

Gizmo.8623

Recently I’ve gotten to lvl 80 with my engineer and the number of bugs I’ve seen… kitten , if I could squish them, I’d level up many hours faster!

Stop ignoring engineers

in Suggestions

Arkham Creed.7358

Recently I’ve gotten to lvl 80 with my engineer and the number of bugs I’ve seen… kitten , if I could squish them, I’d level up many hours faster!

At this point I’d settle for Arena Net just acknowledging that these bugs exist.

Stop ignoring engineers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gizmo.8623

Gizmo.8623

Some time ago I suggested something I called: Month of the Class.
Each month devs would concentrate on one class (having minor fixes/additions on others only) and would talk a lot with community about bugs, changes they want to see, etc. Implementations would be released now with 2 week sprints. So each month one class would have 2 big updates – what’s not to love?
Having a bit for everyone is like having nothing at all and this way everyone would be sure that their time will come and it will be glorious.

Stop ignoring engineers

in Suggestions

Zacchary.6183

The thief gets way, way, way more positive communication and work done than the engineer, so please don’t derail my thread.

That’s bullkitten. If anything we are in the same boat because you can’t have anything less than ZERO COMMUNICATION.

Stop ignoring engineers

in Suggestions

Arkham Creed.7358

That’s bullkitten. If anything we are in the same boat because you can’t have anything less than ZERO COMMUNICATION.

Communication or not at least they try to fix and balance your class. Our turrets have been bugged since beta.

Stop ignoring engineers

in Suggestions

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

For anet to fix bugs like this, they’d have to hire some programmers. They’re not going to do that.