Stop the guaranteed rares

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

Stop the guaranteed rares, the price of Ecto is dropping. Also, make more useful items with ecto to raise the prices again. 23 S for ecto is insanely low, too low.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

Ectos are the only in-demand good people who don’t run CoF can reliably provide. The real answer is, stop DR.

User was infracted for being awesome.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

why is 23s for ecto to low? explain to me how its an issue?

If at any point the explanation contains anything a long the lines of “selling ecto’s is my main source of income” it automatically fails.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

considering i need 1350~+ ecto to craft some of the things i want… i have no issue with them dropping further "/

- especially as that means i may end up actually selling the rares i get instead of salvaging (most of the exos i get have a buy price lower than the buy price of its rune/sigil+1 ecto)

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Suggestions

Posted by: thekap.8645

thekap.8645

In game economy is never a good reason to change something, period.

Calidorne – L80 Ranger – Commander

in Suggestions

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

I remember the price for ectos dropping to like 6-8s, then they banned all the bots and the prices skyrocketted

I think the price lowering for ectos is good for the common man,
I geuss you are a Big trader?

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

(edited by wouw.5837)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

If at any point the explanation contains anything a long the lines of “selling ecto’s is my main source of income” it automatically fails.

^^ This.

What the heck is the OP so concerned about, anyway? Ectos are “too low”..? Too low for what?

Everyone needs ectos, either for exotics or for some of the ascended craftables. Anyone concerned with a Legendary weapon literally needs hundreds of them, in addition to a kitten-ton of everything else. How does it make the game better to make ectos nefariously hard to come by? And if you no longer get a guaranteed rare from any world boss events, then you will have far less people doing them or even visiting those zones.

Frankly, it just seems like you have some ectos to spare, and want to make more gold off of your sales.

(edited by Fyrebrand.4859)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morkhan.8715

Morkhan.8715

As someone who has had to farm/salvage & buy a lot of ecto’s for many level 80 characters, I see no problem with the price dropping. Besides, the prices of high end materials/equipment fluctuate all the time due to supply & demand. Eventually it’ll go up and then fall again, that’s the way of the economy in game.

Yak’s Bend Server – United Tyrian Coastal Guardians
(80 Sylvari Ranger | 80 Human Elementalist | 80 Norn Thief )
(80 Norn Warrior | 80 Asura Necromancer)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

^^ This.

What the heck is the OP so concerned about, anyway? Ectos are “too low”..? Too low for what?

Everyone needs ectos, either for exotics or for some of the ascended craftables. Anyone concerned with a Legendary weapon literally needs hundreds of them, in addition to a kitten-ton of everything else. How does it make the game better to make ectos nefariously hard to come by? And if you no longer get a guaranteed rare from any world boss events, then you will have far less people doing them or even visiting those zones.

Frankly, it just seems like you have some ectos to spare, and want to make more gold off of your sales.

Ectos are far too easy to get. That’s the point. The market is going to get even more flooded with them. The devs have stated they like ecto as a currency. It’s not going to be a currency of value, if it keeps getting inflated.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Autumn.5093

Autumn.5093

^^ This.

Ectos are far too easy to get. That’s the point. The market is going to get even more flooded with them. The devs have stated they like ecto as a currency. It’s not going to be a currency of value, if it keeps getting inflated.

They like ectos as a currency? Can you cite this? I thought one of the reasons they had the trading post was the way ectos acted as a currency in Guild Wars 1 and they were trying to keep this from happening.

The only place I have seen ectos used as a currency is at the laurel vendors. 50 ectos + 30 laurels for certain ascended items, iirc.

In all honesty, I fail to see the issue with ectos falling in price.

Nova Arterius, Nex Level [NeX] Guild Leader
Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Catering to a TP players greed shouldn’t enter into game balancing, ever. So what if ecto price is dropping? If it fell to the base merch value, it would matter to nobody, outside of the few who want to play “Wall Street Wars” while standing in town at the TP.

-1. heck, -1000. OP is asking for a “fix” to something that’s not broken.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Yeah …. umm…. how about no?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Because he wants to be rich, the world revolves around him

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Exactly… this thread is all about greed. He probably has a couple hundred gold in the bank and stacks of ecto’s. His only concerned is about himself.

How about thinking of the rest of the community?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I still don’t see what the concern is. You can’t just say “ectos are far too easy to get,” and not qualify that statement. By what metric are you assessing their ideal price and availability? What sort of horrible economic disaster do you think is going to happen if ectos continue to enter the market at this rate?

Without any kind of context, or demonstrable consequences, your concerns about ectos are almost a non sequitur. What is it affecting? Why do you think people should just arbitrarily be paying more, or working harder, for this one specific material? Why is it bad, if their price on the trading post goes down? Are you worried that people will cease to require them, and stop playing the game?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orc Slayer.2780

Orc Slayer.2780

I still don’t see what the concern is. You can’t just say “ectos are far too easy to get,” and not qualify that statement. By what metric are you assessing their ideal price and availability? What sort of horrible economic disaster do you think is going to happen if ectos continue to enter the market at this rate?

Without any kind of context, or demonstrable consequences, your concerns about ectos are almost a non sequitur. What is it affecting? Why do you think people should just arbitrarily be paying more, or working harder, for this one specific material? Why is it bad, if their price on the trading post goes down? Are you worried that people will cease to require them, and stop playing the game?

Ectos are essential now for:
Legendary
Ascended back pack
Earrings(optional)
Exotics

If prices drop, getting these items will be very easy and essential drive people out of the game faster. Also, as I already stated(for those of you that cannot read very well) ectos are suppose to be a currency, according to the devs. Guaranteed rares = price of ecto drop. If I do this event I know I’ll get a rare. 10x = about 8-9 ecto easy + w/e rares you get from the chest too. Times this by how many players? almost 900 k that log in every day during 6-9pm. The market is getting flooded. Flooding the market is NEVER good.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Legendary
Ascended back pack
Earrings(optional)
Exotics

If prices drop, getting these items will be very easy and essential drive people out of the game faster. Also, as I already stated(for those of you that cannot read very well) ectos are suppose to be a currency, according to the devs. Guaranteed rares = price of ecto drop. If I do this event I know I’ll get a rare. 10x = about 8-9 ecto easy + w/e rares you get from the chest too. Times this by how many players? almost 900 k that log in every day during 6-9pm. The market is getting flooded. Flooding the market is NEVER good.

Hang on… As “you” already stated? The original quote was by someone named “Roman Legionary”. This is the first time you’ve posted in the thread. Unless “Roman Legionary” is a secondary account of yours?

In any case, I don’t really see a problem with the prices of Ectos falling either. As you pointed out, while Ectos may be cheaper now, the number of things one can do with them has also increased. Infusing Ascended items sucks massive amounts of Ecto out of the game. As such, the final cost for what a player needs to spend on Ecto is likely more or less the same. This is a positive thing, because it helps keep the wealth divide low and not alienate new players in thinking that they won’t ever be able to catch up.

As for the people who quit when they get all the “best items”, well, these players would have quit at some point in the future sooner or later. This subset of players is driven by the urge to get the best items, but ANet can’t keep on introducing better and better items. To do so would mean introducing a full-on gear grind, and I think the backlash from the player community would be much, MUCH higher if they decided to go down that route.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

Don’t actually get why the price is going down. There are less rares to salvage from since the boss mega chest change. Though the prices have lowered. I can only assume some ppl hoarded them and sold them, thus lowering the price. Cuz a few weeks ago price was higher but more rares dropped…

Btw on topic, prices lowering is good. It’s weird to see that u would salvage rares cuz the ecto’s u get from them are worth more.

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

I remember when ectos were only 12 silver at a steady rate and long period several moths ago and I was still making money on them, so how is 28 silver a bad thing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orc Slayer.2780

Orc Slayer.2780

I remember when ectos were only 12 silver at a steady rate and long period several moths ago and I was still making money on them, so how is 28 silver a bad thing?

28 isn’t bad, 23 is.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

Stop the guaranteed rares, the price of Ecto is dropping. Also, make more useful items with ecto to raise the prices again. 23 S for ecto is insanely low, too low.

Sounds like somebody bought a bunch of ectos and now is stuck with them.

I’m sorry, but ANET did the right thing and is allowing people who put the time in to get something for their time.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Did someone say “increase the drop rate of rares?”

Why yes, I believe they did.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

If prices drop, getting these items will be very easy and essential drive people out of the game faster.

In say, World of Warcraft? Yeah, this may hold weight, but the beauty of GW2 to some people is the fact you can have a week day job, play other games and still be able to be exotic with relative ease. How this of all things will drive people away from GW2 is beyond me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

Legendary
Ascended back pack
Earrings(optional)
Exotics

But you have to consider:
#1: 8-9 easy ectos with the events, but most things require 100+ ectos, so that would make you play at least 12-13 days per item to get enough ectos
#2: You have to complete the map. It may take at least a week

And btw, ectos were 28-30 silver before the guaranteed rares, it’s 5 silver cheaper now, that’s not a huge difference if you’re not buying lots and lots of ectos