Stop wearing out my right mouse button!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shathron.5790

Shathron.5790

Simple suggestion, it has been said before and it deserves to be said again until it’s added cause there’s just no reason not to. Here it is:

• Give us a bind to Toggle right-mouse-camera-mode.
    Instead of making us hold the button down 99% of the time, allow us to just click it once in a while. Makes sense doesn’t it?
  • Add an option to have a centered crosshair when in right-mouse-camera-mode.
    For those that don’t know; you can use AoEs while controlling the camera by double tapping your skill key. This will aim your AoE to where the mouse pointer was when you last pressed down your right button. It would be far more practical if it was instead always aimed at the middle of the screen and if there was a crosshair for you to keep track of where this is. The same crosshair will also show where your projectiles are fired if no target is selected or if you lose your target during a multi-shot skill (such as the rangers Rapid Fire).

That is all.

Take notice that the above is supposed to be optional so anyone that prefers the way it currently works can keep it that way.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Been asking for this since beta. It’s hard to believe that everyone at Arena Net is a keyboard turner / screen clicker.

- Al Zheimer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

I don’t even know how people manage to hit the numbers above WASD. I’m usually strafing the fastest you can go (forward with either left or right) that doesn’t exactly leave fingers free to comfortably reach up use the numbers. And I’m hardly letting go of the mouse to use the other numpad. anything short of using R but that just seems like pain in the kitten too much button pressing when the mouse is quite capable of clicking the skill then dropping the AoE.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Suggestions

Posted by: poe lyfe.5879

poe lyfe.5879

this would be a god send

Wintersday is for the Charr, also Meatober.

in Suggestions

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

My middle finger would thank you, and he doesn’t thank anybody.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Agree, I would use it to play the game like a TPS.

in Suggestions

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Agreed. And also maybe make it possible to hold down a skill button so that it triggers on refresh. Would save engineers from wearing out their keyboards (if the reduced damage didn’t already “fix” that).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

How about combat mode? It allows you to play without holding down the right mouse button and puts a fixed cross hair or circle on your screen. ANet already said that while they can’t authorize it, because they never formally authorize any outside programs, it is not a program that will get you banned.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10s4s6/combat_mode_11/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

I feel ok with the system the game has now. I don’t need any change for it as defaults, but as options for those who want it. I don’t want to have my cursor in the middle of the screen and i don’t want the MMO to turn into a FPS

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

How about combat mode? It allows you to play without holding down the right mouse button and puts a fixed cross hair or circle on your screen. ANet already said that while they can’t authorize it, because they never formally authorize any outside programs, it is not a program that will get you banned.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10s4s6/combat_mode_11/

It’s also not a program that’s been updated recently either.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Not much to add, I just wanted to add my support for this option.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.