Store dungeon tokens like laurels

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ash.2175

Ash.2175

I keep seeing suggestions about making dungeon tokens collectible, but what about the idea anet had for Laurels? You can see how many laurels you have at any time in your inventory, you don’t have to take up bank space with laurels, and I assume there isn’t a max amount of laurels you can have at one time. Why not make a spot in our hero panel that lists the # of each type of token we have, and eliminate the token item all together. You could see how many of each token you have at any time, no space is taken, no need to travel to the bank then back to the token vendor! I don’t see the point of tokens being a physical item when all they do is take up physical space that should be used for actual usable items! Thoughts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: GameOver.9658

GameOver.9658

I prefer higher stacks, a stack of 250 is nothing.

But what you suggest is nice too, as long I can share my tokens among other characters.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

I think a stack size is 250 because the amount of items in a stack is stored in an unsigned byte. (0-255)
It’s just efficient way to reduce the space required on the server machine, reduce bandwidth and whatnot.
Using a larger number, even if it is just 260, would require twice the space required for storing the information about the amount of items in a stack.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

(edited by Fred Fargone.3127)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sedeena.2863

Sedeena.2863

Oh that makes total sense, guess I’ll go get my credit card and buy another bank slot. Not.

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

I like this idea….I have several stacks of tokens just sitting in my bank. It would be really nice to be able to have them stored elsewhere that would be much more convenient.

in Suggestions

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

love this idea, please implement it.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Oh that makes total sense, guess I’ll go get my credit card and buy another bank slot. Not.

unsigned byte, (0-255), 8 bits,
Unsigned short, (0-65,535), 16 bits,
you were saying?

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.