Suggested improvements

Suggested improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: SilentSam.1589

SilentSam.1589

First: I am sure this has come up as a suggestion before and it would be rather unlikely that it would not have come up during the development of the game or during the planning of the game. The idea would be to separate the game in to their respective arenas so that when a player would enter a given area of the game whether it PvE, PvP, or WvWvW. This would give the developers the ability to tune the skills in the game to that given area without the worry of a balancing fix having any of the ill effects of the current balancing methods. I do realize that this task would be difficult to implement into the game however, the developers did implement a separation of the skills in the game with GW1 I also realize that this may bring more work for the developers of the game but it is something that really needs to be done.

Second: The second idea would be to potentially revamp crafting in the game to allow for a greater ability to craft ever available stat combination in the game some of which are currently unobtainable without some mindless grind for karma, dungeon token or gold all of which have a diminishing returns if farmed. A question that may arise will not implement this ability to crafting make the karma vendors and dungeons currently offering the missing stats that cannot be crafted useless. No, it would not render the current acquisition methods useless since they do offer unique skins for said gear that is highly sought after it would simply give the player base a different method of acquisition of gear.

Third: I do love the aspect of the living story as short term content but why does this content have no effect of the world itself. For example, the last part of dragon bash event where there was an attempt on a nobles life and an investigation into who it was commenced. If either people missed it completely by not being able to play during the event or just simply ignored it their story is no different world is no different than they even got a pat on the via in game mail for helping find the people that put the hit out on the noble. Another example is flow of refugees to Lion’s Arch and other major cities around the world but after the event was completed where did they all go they vanish and no longer are seen anywhere. These events should have some lasting effect on the games world to make the world seem more alive and less stagnant that it does now. I see the living story as an somewhat of an interactive story book. And in these types of books or any book for that matter when you move from chapter one to chapter two the events that happened in the previous chapter(s) do not simply vanish like a fart in the wind. But are layered and build upon leading up to some big conclusion or leave off on a cliff hanger to be solved at some later date.

Fourth: The personal story is an interesting addition to the character development scheme. However, it has little effect on the world around you if I choose to answer everything with force and gain a reputation of this power monger it has no effect on the world around me. I walk into town and go up to any vendor or towns person and nothing they all interact with the same as anyone else none of the npcs run from me or cower in my presence it is as if the chooses I have made during my personal story mean nothing. I do relies at this point in the game it would be rather difficult to implement something that could change this but perhaps something could be put in like unique vendors that have something unique for those that have chosen a specific path or flavor mail sent to you. It would make the world seems more alive and the chooses you have made threw the life of your character actually matter beyond a simple icon on your character sheet.