Suggestion: 4-Digit Guild Bank Pin (& Personal Bank)

in Suggestions

Posted by: UnderworldKobold.8532

UnderworldKobold.8532

Only a week ago a hacked account cleaned out my guild’s bank of every resource they had, and there was nothing we could do to stop it except remove bank access from every member (which we didn’t do, because that’s lame to the other members.) Since the incident, everything’s been straightened out but we lost a lot of mats and silver that was otherwise being shared.

So I propose the option to enable a 4-digit pin that’s needed to access the Guild Bank, and heck, why not even the player bank. It’s just an extra layer of security for the account and the guild, and also enables handling in a more exact fashion the access of certain guild members (not that that’s needed for us in that way.) Such a thing would have easily spared the Guild Bank and the player’s personal bank (which also got cleaned out) from this “hacker” trouble.

Thoughts?

TL;DR – Bank pin to stop hackers from stealing loot from players and guilds. Optional to enable/disable.

(edited by UnderworldKobold.8532)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mojo.2691

Mojo.2691

Pin number for guild bank would be neat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: jeremo.2491

jeremo.2491

I think you’d have to have some sort of Pin for various actions in the guild….lets say you’re the guild leader and your account gets hacked….well bye bye pin numbers and heck they may even completely disband the guild. I think for major things there should be pins.

So you’d have a Leader Pin,
Officer Pin
Bank Pin (for everyone)

Not sure if you’d want to have it where if you’re the leader your pin works on everything so you dont have to remember 3 pins… would have to think that through more.

Overall I like the Idea. I could see some people thinking the pin is very annoying. The pin would have to have a timer, where once you enter it, the pin is good for your entire session until you Log Off. Then if you play from a different IP it would require the pin as well. I don’t see any problem with that, it’s better than a “remember me” checkbox

Overall I like it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I totally agree with this. It’s an added layer of protection. I have always wanted to have something like this in a game. For a company that says they care the most about player account security, this would go a long way in putting words into action.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall