[Suggestion] Bind dyes to armor (optional)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eaz.6459

Eaz.6459

Now that I am lvl 80 and have found a nice look for myself which I love I have run into a problem.

Basically when lvling and you switch gear alot, it is nice that the colors are fixed so you don’t have to change the color each time you get a new armor piece.

However as it is now I have two sets of armor, one for wvwvw (exotic tailor condition dmg) and one for PVE/Farm (rare explorer tailor).

The explorer armor I have in one set of colors which works great for that, however when I change to the wvwvw armor I have to recolor it, as the colors I have for the other set looks awful on this set (I want this set to be putrid green/brown while other being Regal and Iris).

So, please let me bind an armor set to a specific set of colors or atleast let me favorite not just the colors itself but the full color scheme.

in Suggestions

Posted by: qJake.2813

qJake.2813

I think what would solve this problem easier is having two armorsets that you can switch between (like weapons, and in addition to the town clothing), and with that, two sets of dye for each armor set. It would be a lot easier than trying to have the game remember what color every single piece of armor is in the entire game (plus, if you put on new armor, you would then have to re-dye it anyway, which would annoy the people that are not level 80 yet).

Oliviya
Guild Leader, [RR] Reddit Refugees
[NA] Sanctum of Rall

in Suggestions

Eaz.6459

I think what would solve this problem easier is having two armorsets that you can switch between (like weapons, and in addition to the town clothing), and with that, two sets of dye for each armor set. It would be a lot easier than trying to have the game remember what color every single piece of armor is in the entire game (plus, if you put on new armor, you would then have to re-dye it anyway, which would annoy the people that are not level 80 yet).

That would work as well.

What I meant was that you can look a certain set, so when you equip that particular set, it “recolors” itself to the colors dyes you have selected, if you then equip a different piece, it reverts back to the colors you had selected “unlocked” so to speak.

The idea that the colors follow between armors are great, I loved it when I lvl’d, however now I have to re-dye every piece of armor depending on what I am doing (yes, I am a fashion-fascist )

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dutak.7346

Dutak.7346

I like the idea of having different colours for different sets but I would like a little more control over it. This could work by simply having dye sets that you could change between, this would also allow for just changing the colours if you just want something different for a while as well as when you change armour.

in Suggestions

Eaz.6459

I like the idea of having different colours for different sets but I would like a little more control over it. This could work by simply having dye sets that you could change between, this would also allow for just changing the colours if you just want something different for a while as well as when you change armour.

I would be happy either way, as long as it is a fast way switching between colorschemes.

in Suggestions

Eaz.6459

And this seems to have been implemented now

wohooooo Thanks!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

Eaz.6459 – If this is so do you have to change the colors of a new piece in order for it to happen. I just got a new piece of armor yesterday from story quest that has the same color scheme of my old piece. Perhaps this is by design for new obtained?

In a nut shell what is being asked is that the game remembers the dye choices for each item rather than having the set of dye choices apply to everything you equip in the future. This could be as simple as the skill template feature they added to GW1. This way you save the template give it a name you want and load it when you change the armor. This would extend the idea to not just remember the dye choices for the specific armor but would allow you to change color schemes on the specific armor if you find more than one scheme you like.