Suggestion: Create a venue for people who only want to duel

in Suggestions

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

I am sick of going into PVP and encountering rude people who just want duel.

Create a venue for them so people who want to play in teams can play

in Suggestions

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Just stop using Play Now button and pick a server manually.

There’s a reason people do duels on servers that are at the very bottom of the list.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Don’t blame the dueling ppl, when they have no space to test builds and stuff.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blankverse.4927

Blankverse.4927

I think the key word here was RUDE.
I made this observation also.
In PvE most people are friendly, kind and helpful. Once you switch to sPvP suddenly everybody forgets good manners and starts to act like an kitten. During Matches in the best case noone says a word, but when someone opens his mouth it’s something rude and insulting.
I’m just rank 9, so my pvp experience is limited, but i only ONCE met a guy who said GG at the end of a fight

in Suggestions

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

That’s a psychological fact, Pve Players are friendlier than PvP ones. You will face this issue in every game. That’s mabye some sort of “surviving of the fittest-thing”. where in PvE you killing NPC’s and Real-players help you, in PvP Real-players are fighting each other. While in PvE flaming the NPC won’t work, in PvP flaming another player for being lame etc. is the sort of communication.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in Suggestions

Harrier.9380

But we’re all still friends at the end of day. I can be kitten about some cheesy thief one-shotting me when I’m engaging someone else, and later same day I can still run tournaments with the guy. :P

PvP community used to be much more friendly. Being repeatedly kitten upon by devs though made us evolve into sarcastic, mean bunch you can see today.

in Suggestions

melodyca.8921

I think the key word here was RUDE.
I made this observation also.
In PvE most people are friendly, kind and helpful. Once you switch to sPvP suddenly everybody forgets good manners and starts to act like an kitten. During Matches in the best case noone says a word, but when someone opens his mouth it’s something rude and insulting.
I’m just rank 9, so my pvp experience is limited, but i only ONCE met a guy who said GG at the end of a fight

They were telling people “to get the **** out.” Luckily I found a server where people were playing in teams but before I did leave I took GREAT pleasure in killing the rude one. And I’m glad it kitten him off.

If they had been nice about and said “Hey, we’re kind of dueling at the moment, would you please go to another server?” I wouldn’t have been so angry.

My issues is they acted like the server BELONGED to them when it doesn’t.

Arena Net really needs to create a few servers for these people who want duels

in Suggestions

melodyca.8921

They weren’t testing builds.

in Suggestions

Harrier.9380

You see melodyca, basic rule of physics applies here: Your actions will cause proportional reaction.

If I join a server and only see 2-4 people there, with one/none points capped, I immediately ask “Are you guys dueling?”. If they say yes, I just type “Alright, have fun!” and leave. I’ve never met rude behaviour from people doing duels.

If the first thing you do however is run to the point and immediately attack whoever is there, how can you be surprised people are kitten off when you interrupt them?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blankverse.4927

Blankverse.4927

You see melodyca, basic rule of physics applies here: Your actions will cause proportional reaction.

That’s not an excuse for rude behavior imho.
You see, i’m one of these guys who used to enter arenas for duels, because for me personally 1vs1 is the only real challenge in pvp.
I also have been interrupted by players who joined later and didn’t read the chat or just ignored me, but this is not a reason to behave like an – put your favourite word in here.
On the other hand – just what melodyca said: i saw too many players who just seem to enjoy being offensive without ANY good reason.
Thats the main reason why i stopped playing sPvP and began to look for kicks in WvW. At least people from other worlds can’t talk to you, which is a blessing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

after being interrupted enough times you start to get annoyed. also why are you making a post about this? people were rude on the internet. it happens.

this thread serves no purpose other than to get attention. if you wanted to report them you should have just done it (although that’s pretty low) and moved on.

a thread complaining is not going to change anything.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Qnopsik El Qox.1269

Qnopsik El Qox.1269

If I join a server and only see 2-4 people there, with one/none points capped, I immediately ask “Are you guys dueling?”. If they say yes, I just type “Alright, have fun!” and leave. I’ve never met rude behaviour from people doing duels.

If the first thing you do however is run to the point and immediately attack whoever is there, how can you be surprised people are kitten off when you interrupt them?

Sorry, but you’re wrong here.
The basic rule is:
If you do something different, than you should speak first.
It’s not the newcomers problem, that duelers want to do something that wasn’t planned to be done there.
So duelers should speak first.

Rozalinda El Qox 80lvl Elem
Tiny Siege Turtles member
Blacktide player

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

^ web site to get information about upcoming changes

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upcoming_changes_and_features

^ the actual upcoming changes talks about adding dueling in the world