Suggestion: Move Fractals away from LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marmalade.9750

Marmalade.9750

Fractals are interesting, challenging and rewarding. I do them myself with guildies quite a lot. But that doesn’t make it less annoying when every time you enter Lion’s Arch all you see is all the “LFG Fractals level xxxx” stuff. For cryuin out loud, LA chat has turned into Barrens chat, and it’s actually worse. The thing is scrolling as if I am watching ICMP replies in terminal.

Can we please have them moved in some sort of a lobby zone, so that interested people can enter it? Alternatively – add a LFG channel that can be joined by people looking to enter Fractals.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Monki.5012

Monki.5012

I totally agree!

Before LA was crowded but with people crafting, trading, looking for explos or chat in general.
However now you cant even get on the server and even if you do you are drowned in a wall of text like “LFG Fractal lvl X”
You normal trade messages fly by like there is no tomorrow.

I do wonder why they put a instance like this in the most crowded place. Didnt they thought about the consequences? They should have put it in a more desolated area or in another capital like Divinites reach because there are like 2 people there.

in Suggestions

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i don’t mind being in overflow either, and the queue isn’t too long. but it makes it impossible to find other groups, and / or just chat with people in general.

if they did move it though, it probs still wouldn’t help finding groups since everyone and their broodmother’s doing fractals. and fractals only.. BUT it may help bring some life back to chat.. as people often now don’t even bother speaking, since it’s all fractals LFGs

or yes, maybe a Fractals channel. or get that LFG tool that we all want to dearly ; )))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tale.5241

Tale.5241

Moving the entrance wouldn’t make much difference. People will still flock to LA to look for other people to do fractals, just like they used to when looking for people to do other explore modes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: YaHiKoDrG.3467

YaHiKoDrG.3467

When FotM was first being talked about I pictured it you could zone into it from LA(no party needed) and the hub where your group of 5 can sell/repair/enter would have been the hub for players to hang out and spam chat to LFG… not sure why they kept those LFG inside LA.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

If devs needs a hint to jutify the removal, just put a couple signals, telling some named npc just moved the portal to Southsun Cove, and let the new map have a reason to be even visited more than 5 minutes for gather ori and ancient and leave, and give us back LA as it was. Peaceful place to group for dungeons and talk about craft etc

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nakashima.7560

Nakashima.7560

Please yes, do move them. That, or give us an in-game LFG tool.

Whenever I log in now, I get put into an LA overflow, which for some reason I find quite annoying. Now if that were the only issue I’d have with it, fine, I can live with as much. But whenever I try to get a group for an ‘older’ dungeon on the off-hours.. It takes me up to an hour to get a group! And I dont even really mind which one I’d end up running! Any LFG message I’d put out would be spammed away by FotM lvl x requests in mere seconds.

I dont mind the dungeon, I certainly dont mind the people wanting to run it. I just mind that the placement of the dungeon makes it so much more difficult to get a group for another dungeon together. Sure, some of that has to do with less people running those dungeons. But being put on an overflow and having your message be gone from sight in mere seconds really doesnt help much.

If we had an in-game lfg tool, it’d be both easier for the people wanting to run older dungeons to find a group, as for the people wanting to find a group for their level of the fractals.

I know of the existance of the lfg-website, I do use it.. But it doesnt compare to what an in-game tool would be since it being a website from a 3rd party means a lot of players wont know about it or will reject to use it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: skom.9378

skom.9378

I agree moving the dungeon out of LA would help the area a lot within chat and possibly with overflow. Either move it or add a LFG tool I say. But I would rather it be moved.

Dragonbrand – Dusk Warriors
http://duskwarriors.enjin.com