Suggestion Takeaway From 482hrs Logged

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grenic Lonnes.7546

Grenic Lonnes.7546

Dear Arena-Net,

I’ve been playing GW2 for some time now, I’ve really enjoyed my time with the game, and though I don’t have much insight into any features and content that you may be considering adding to the game in its future, I do have ideas of my own that I think could make the game even more fun and enjoyable for myself and friends. These may be redundant suggestions that others have posted before (I don’t really know for certain) but I’m adding everything that has come to my mind during my time with the game regardless.

• Make Transmutation Stones and items such as HoM heritage skins viewable in the Hero Pane along with items such as Gathering Tools, in order to increase ease of access by only needing to open the hero panel instead of the inventory as well. Also, consider doing the same with useful items such as food and potions.
  • Make gathering tools account bound. Unless you have an actual reason for them being soul bound to the character that bought them, then I really don’t see the point in the restriction.
  • Add in features to link more things to chat. Some examples of helpful things that players could link but are unable to currently are the Vistas, Skill Points, Character Health and other stats through the Hero Pane. Of course players want to be able to preview items from the Trading Post, linking them to chat would be nice too though. Also, adding a Note Pad function for copying saving and pasting links and other things would be a great addition.
  • Allow players to inspect each other’s Hero; equipment, stats, etc…
  • Consider allowing players to go back through the personal story missions and replay them. Perhaps adding things like mastery completion to the story missions. You could add this replay option to the Story tab of the Hero Pane. Also, dividing up the story log into chapters would eventually be helpful for navigation once additional content is added and it has to be expanded.
  • Consider adding gladiator-esque survivor PVE arena challenges. I was playing pve at one point and found myself surrounded by enemies that had unusually short re-spawn timers, which was reported, because you could farm them endlessly, but it was actually challenging and enjoyable and let me discover a new possibility for appreciating the combat of GW2.
  • Make Tier 3 cultural armor sets exotic and add more versions with different stats similar to how dungeon armor is. Make armor options usable-by-your-character appear above the other armor categories in merchants’ listings.
  • Add in more infinite achievements for things like Slayer Achievements.
  • Hope you have plans to add in character makeovers through the gem-store or something similar to GW1. Also adding different skill effects purchasable through the gem-store would add a lot more variety and uniqueness to players, but only so long as you have an option to disable the alternate visual effect if it makes it harder to determine what skill is being used; completely disabling them in things like competitive pvp. It would be nice to see more armor skins, some weapon skins, unique consumable items especially for holiday events, more town costumes of course, as well all in the gem-store.

I don’t want to overextend myself on suggestions, I have more that I would love to see, but I think I’ll hold off just for now and continue enjoying myself in-game. Thanks to anyone reading who’s agreeable with at least some of my suggestions.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I support this thread.

Brought to you by A Kitten With A Keyboard

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Make Transmutation Stones and items such as HoM heritage skins viewable in the Hero Pane. No downside, simple enhancement to UI to provide convenience. Yes.

Add in features to link more things to chat. I can’t see as how this would hurt, but really, I can’t see how it would help any over just typing the names of things. Maybe for lazy people I guess. Yes.

Allow players to inspect each other’s Hero. No. It’s pointless, as your gear makes such a minute amount of difference. Besides, when I’m better in blues than another player is in exotics, the system where my skill says I’m better, is better. No on this one.

Consider allowing players to go back through the personal story missions and replay them. The story is divided in to chapters, just not shown in the UI. Repeating the storyline doesn’t seem like it would offer much to the game though. Why not just tag along and help lowbies with theirs if you want to go through them again? No on this one.

Consider adding gladiator-esque survivor PVE arena challenges. There are already these, in the game, in Lornar’s Pass, and I think in Plains of Ashford. Go in, select who you want to fight, get locked in, and fight. More of them would be nice, so yes on this one.

Make Tier 3 cultural armor sets exotic and add more versions with different stats similar to how dungeon armor is. Make full exotics with unique skins for an easy amount of gold you can buy with a credit card. While we’re at it, let’s make the Heritage Set, and the sets you buy for gems not just transmutes, but actual exotic sets. Bad idea, so no.

Make armor options usable-by-your-character appear above the other armor categories in merchants’ listings. This part though, yes. Great idea.

Add in more infinite achievements for things like Slayer Achievements. Not a bad idea at all, I like it. Yes.

Hope you have plans to add in character makeovers through the gem-store or something similar to GW1. Probably already in development, but yes.

Also adding different skill effects purchasable through the gem-store would add a lot more variety and uniqueness to players, but only so long as you have an option to disable the alternate visual effect if it makes it harder to determine what skill is being used; completely disabling them in things like competitive pvp. Vanity skill effects... We’ve already got vanity finishers, we don’t need any more shiny spam, especially for common skill animations. No on this one.

It would be nice to see more armor skins, some weapon skins, unique consumable items especially for holiday events, more town costumes of course, as well all in the gem-store. The first in game holiday will be happening next month, and A-net does a killer Halloween. As for from the gem store, I say no. Holiday events in the game shouldn’t require real world money to be a part of. However, for common, year round vanity items, yes, more would be nice.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

What I really enjoyed was the feature in which you can link essentially your whole bar load out in GW1 to your party. It was an easy way to coordinate skills with your group and also a painless way for people to quickly understand your spec.

I also really liked the feature in which you can save different load outs and thus pull it out easily. This doesn’t have to be in for PvE, the trainer cost is a small gold sink that can remain. However I see no reason not to give players the ability to save and load multiple templates for their class in sPvP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

There’s already a suggestion for that, Lumines. The problem with it is that if you could save templates, and change your traits/skills easily and on the fly, you could go against the same ranger six times without knowing what he’d be coming at you with next, and that is bad. You *should* be playing the build you started playing, and only be able to change it in town. And considering it’s already just a few clicks any time you’re in Heart of the Mists, well, it’s just not necessary to make it any easier.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

I see the reasoning in that, in fact even being able to switch to another weapon for swiftness then switching back to your regular set is kind of a problem too.

However, I’d still like to have the ability to link load out to my group!