Suggestion: Time bans for Tournament leavers [tPvP]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

I’m really gettin annoyed from people who leave the team and let their comrades alone. be it my team or the enemy team its just not fair.

I would like to suggest to punish these players, for a week ban of any PvP game so they learn, you just cant ignore the other players who’re wasting their time because of such silly people.

Reaper – AnguĂ®sh

in Suggestions

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

1 week will never happen
gw1 had 10 minute

in Suggestions

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Mabye if the matchmaking would be good and soloq played actually against other soloq instead of premades. Mabye if A-Net starts to actually create a proper soloq, then you can bring your ban-timers into game. Not before because this MMR is BS and not splitted qeues is just a joke.

Consider first, why ppl leave. I mean I hate leavers too, but the poor infrastructure and system in place is actually boosting this problem. Therefore the soloq should be working properly and afterwards A-Net can ban ppl for leaving.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

a week is too much, considering a variety of issues might cause a player to unintentionally leave a match (happened to me, i managed to get back just in time to watch the other team get the 50 points they needed to win).

i think one hour in-game without access to PvP would be the sweetspot. it’s not so short that you barely notice it, and it’s not so long that in the rare occasion someone’s unfairly punished, they’ll have to sit out of PvP for what feels like forever because of one DC.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Suggestions

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Why leave a match if your getting beaten on points though? just as well stay for the good fights!

/signed if its a 15+ mins dishonour ban from pvp.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in Suggestions

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I would agree, but the servers have been extremely buggy for me yesterday, I dc’ed like 5 times, never really dc’ed from gw2 that much in 1 day.
DC’ing is pretty frustrating, I see a lot of major lag spikes in the servers as well. And its an instant dc, where everything is perfectly fine and a second later I see a message telling me I got dc’ed, its not the type where you notice everything lagging out. Although you get skill lag in WvW I can honestly say I’ve never dc’ed in WvW.

I’d like to suggest something starcraft has, its when someone dc’s there team has a 2 min timer that starts and gives that person time to comeback, allowing everyone not to do anything… Think of it as a timeout to discuss strategy as well.

But I have to agree I see people ragequit a lot, but few are really being disconnected due to server. I do wonder what happens if an entire team ragequits, is it instant win? Does the game not count? Is there an error message that appears?

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

I do wonder what happens if an entire team ragequits, is it instant win? Does the game not count? Is there an error message that appears?

IT MUST BE TESTED!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

NO!
Here an easier solution : block anybody with less than 200 won tournaments from joining

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

NO!
Here an easier solution : block anybody with less than 200 won tournaments from joining

block people with less than 200 tournament wins from joining tournaments.

lol.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

NO!

lol.

What lol?
1-Have unrated and rated matches
2-Block any newb with less than 200 unrated wins from joining rated macthes

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

NO!

lol.

What lol?
1-Have unrated and rated matches
2-Block any newb with less than 200 unrated wins from joining rated macthes

“block anybody with less than 200 won tournaments from joining” means “block anyone that hasn’t won 200 tournaments from joining”. joining, i presume, tournaments.

regardless, i don’t think punishing enthusiastic players is the solution. punishing bad players is. you can win 200 matches with enough time, it’s not like 8v8s are deep or complex or anything. you can’t learn fair play without dealing with those that break it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Borisisgod has 24 wins and hes top 5 on leaderboard.
He reppin JADE QUARRY TOO!!!

Jade Quarry #1 server, #1 WvW and slowly taking over PvP.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

Smite has something like a 30 minute lock out from being able to queue if you leave a match in progress – and the timer starts at the END of the match you would have been in. Its a solid enough deterrent I think, not too many leavers since its implementation in my experiences.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry