[Suggestion] Why no Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: ReinoudM.5931

ReinoudM.5931

Hey everyone!

I already made a topic about this at the player helping player and ranger forum, but since this is the Suggestion Forum I thought it would also be appropriate here!

As a Ranger I think my character isnt complete without the Quiver:
http://viphealthyleadership.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/quiver_lrg-11.jpg

Since the characters already make the movement of grabbing an arrow I think it isnt very hard for ArenaNet to add them to the game. Just like Engineers, with their backpacks, we can see where the arrows come from.

Since I already dislike the medium gear a lot (soo many pirate stuff, it isnt even funny anymore) I would like to have atleast the Quiver to ease the pain of the medium gear and also that immersiveness is also applied for other professions that are using a bow.

Thanks for reading!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Freshwater Kangaroo.8962

Freshwater Kangaroo.8962

I don’t see why not.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valcruze.8176

Valcruze.8176

Would be fine if they are for looks. For holding ammunition, big no.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

Would be fine if they are for looks. For holding ammunition, big no.

He means for looks.

Currently, Rangers and Thieves grab “invisible” arrows from their invisible quiver. lol, it’s comical to see, since they remembered the animation, but not the item.

I hope the have some people going over all the bows in-game, and adding a matching quiver that’ll stay on the back.

If not, I suggest doing that.

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valcruze.8176

Valcruze.8176

Guild Wars 2 reminds me of Divinity 2 from Larian Studios where the player character can simply draw arrows to load bows out of no where. I admit I don’t have a better reference for this.

They could remove the “grab” animation … and let Rangers, Warriors and Thieves “create arrows” on their bow string. Though in end, I would still prefer the above professions draw their arrows from a visible container.

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

Guild Wars 2 reminds me of Divinity 2 from Larian Studios where the player character can simply draw arrows to load bows out of no where. I admit I don’t have a better reference for this.

They could remove the “grab” animation … and let Rangers, Warriors and Thieves “create arrows” on their bow string. Though in end, I would still prefer the above professions draw their arrows from a visible container.

Shhh…!!
Dont give them the option to do it the easy way and just remove the “grabbing” animation. They should just add the Quiver since the “grabbing” animation already is in the game. When they do that I think it is a bit more forgiveable that they want us all to look like freaking pirates (kitten that pirate hat you get at the end of every dungeon!).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marrond.1385

Marrond.1385

Quiver should be added as offhand weapon that provides you bonuses and ALLOW to use bow (but with no amunition limit) or atleast should be thrown into “back” slot instead of Guild Backpack.

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

Quiver should be added as offhand weapon that provides you bonuses and ALLOW to use bow (but with no amunition limit) or atleast should be thrown into “back” slot instead of Guild Backpack.

I think that is the best solution. Half the stats and dmg of bows and add quivers.
Having it as a back is also fine.
But the Quiver is needed!

(edited by ReinoudM.5931)

in Suggestions

Posted by: arcaneclarity.5283

arcaneclarity.5283

I think it should just be a back slot item you can wear or transmute onto your guild backpack. If you want it, fine, if you don’t, that is fine as well.

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

I think it should just be a back slot item you can wear or transmute onto your guild backpack. If you want it, fine, if you don’t, that is fine as well.

That is also a nice option. But I prefer it to have the Quiver at the very beginning when you start using a bow. Just make it part of the bow or else when you equip something else, like a Greatsword, you get an awkward situation that your sword pierces your quiver and I think ANet wanted to avoid that. Making it so that you only see it when you got your bow out is the only logical and easy way to do it, I think.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Guru.1582

Guru.1582

I just wanted to poke my head in and say that a quiver would be very nice. It looks… cheap, otherwise. I mean the game doesn’t render the arrows or the quiver, so it just doesn’t look as cool, shooting pretend arrows.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Temariah.9372

Temariah.9372

The idea of a quiver offhand sounds marvelous to me, but I think it might interfere with the weapons concept. Do quivers have skills? Do they have stats? Do we need to upgrade the quiver?

I think just adding the quiver automatically when you equip a bow is the best/easiest fix.

Temariah Dawnsong – “A new dawn is coming; sieze the day.”
Leader of The Harbingers of Serendipity [LIFE] : Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: Praytell.8164

Praytell.8164

I think a quiver for the looks is perfectly fine. I think the flame throwers have backpacks don’t they? I don’t think the quiver should be an actual item but having the look of one would mean that animation of drawing one would be legit. ORRRRRRR!!! (epiphany) They should make you drawing the arrow back like from the movie “Immortals” arrow lights up all glowy and stuff!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

I want a nice leafy quiver for my Sylvari…. I totally agree… I think it should be a back slot item though personally.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tauril.8504

Tauril.8504

Anet said a long time ago they were looking at it.

Still no upadate about it

I prefer a clear ‘no’ to being left without an answer.

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

Anet said a long time ago they were looking at it.

Still no upadate about it

I prefer a clear ‘no’ to being left without an answer.

I prefer a “hell yeah!” instead, because: how hard can it be?
The sillyness of the bow-users is too high!

in Suggestions

Posted by: one of them.7509

one of them.7509

I think they’re having trouble with back items clipping too much. I don’t remember where I heard that but I know I heard it somewhere. That’s why capes are temporarily unavailable.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LEGION.5834

LEGION.5834

This would be an awesome idea. It adds another cool item to craft. And you can put another set of improvable stats on it. It is simply like a second pistol. All bows are 2 handed weapons anyway so its not hurting anything.

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

This would be an awesome idea. It adds another cool item to craft. And you can put another set of improvable stats on it. It is simply like a second pistol. All bows are 2 handed weapons anyway so its not hurting anything.

I prefer it that the quiver will be off-hand so you only see it when you are using your bow. Because you dont want to see that quiver when you are using a Greatsword, because it´ll pierce the quiver.
Altough. As a back item I wouldn´t mind it aswell.
I just want to see that quiver!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nightingale.6820

Nightingale.6820

As much as i would like to see it…. i don’t think this is a good idea.

for one simple reason. clipping issues.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It should be possible. The models have 2 ‘slots’ in the back and another 2 on the sides to put stuff there.
Usually backpacks, shields and 2h weapons ho in the back, while 1h weapons go in the sides.
Quivers could perfectly go in any of those slots by placing the item in one accessory slot or the alternate weapon slot, or by default, without having items.

People like quivers.

As for clipping, who cares? Everything clips like crazy already. I can’t tell if my weapons are inside or outside when I wear a coat.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

I’d like to have a quiver.

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

As much as i would like to see it…. i don’t think this is a good idea.

for one simple reason. clipping issues.

If the quiver clips you should have the option to hide it so it wont bother the player so much, if it bothers him.
Atleast give us the option to show us the quiver.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadowborn.3529

Shadowborn.3529

Yeah can be a back slot item with show/hide function oh and whilst we are on about back slots get cloaks/backpacks and other back slot items in game also, cant believe their not in game already. we want to show our guild emblem off

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ghertu.7096

Ghertu.7096

Strongly agree with the suggestion. If archers have no quivers in a video game, rate of this game in my eyes goes straight down.

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

Yeah can be a back slot item with show/hide function oh and whilst we are on about back slots get cloaks/backpacks and other back slot items in game also, cant believe their not in game already. we want to show our guild emblem off

Indeed. Would be nice to show your guild emblem via your Guild Emblem on your quiver.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bad Element.4613

Bad Element.4613

cool idea, just dont add the crappy shortbow with it (omg im kidding u know i love u)

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

cool idea, just dont add the crappy shortbow with it (omg im kidding u know i love u)

Who? :o

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i support the idea for a visible quiver on character’s back!

either
1. no change to long / short bow stats, add visible quiver at back on long bow equip
2. divide long / short bow into 2 items becoming long / short bow + quiver

both works for me. though the first one would be much easier for anet to implement i guess.

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

i support the idea for a visible quiver on character’s back!

either
1. no change to long / short bow stats, add visible quiver at back on long bow equip
2. divide long / short bow into 2 items becoming long / short bow + quiver

both works for me. though the first one would be much easier for anet to implement i guess.

I prefer the first one aswell. Because I think when it is harder for them they will just ignore it. That is my assumption tho (ANet, prove me wrong! :P)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

They said they are going to add new gear in expancions so im sure you will see it soon enough.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

If the xpqnssion is soon. I would like this to be in a patch though:)

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

If the xpqnssion is soon. I would like this to be in a patch though:)

I would prefer that it will be patched in soon. Actually it is silly that it wasnt in the game in the first place…

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

So you guys want quivers- that’s 2 spots (1 each gender) x 5 spots (one of each) x the unholy amount of armours types we have for all the bow users since it’ll do horrible clipping. Yeah.

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

So you guys want quivers- that’s 2 spots (1 each gender) x 5 spots (one of each) x the unholy amount of armours types we have for all the bow users since it’ll do horrible clipping. Yeah.

If clipping bugs you a lot they should just give us the option to hide it. There is no good argument to tell us that a Quiver isnt going to be implemented.

Just add it to the game and give us the ability to have one! It is also good for customization.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

/Signed

My other suggestion is to do away with the whole arrow drawing animation, if they’re “magic” arrows why the hell do i need to take em out of my magic invisible quiver?

Makes no sense.

visually this aesthetic would complete a ranger outfit.

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

/Signed

My other suggestion is to do away with the whole arrow drawing animation, if they’re “magic” arrows why the hell do i need to take em out of my magic invisible quiver?

Makes no sense.

visually this aesthetic would complete a ranger outfit.

Prefer the quiver ofc. And a quiver would finish the Ranger outfit. The way you usually look now is like a pirate. When you have that quiver you are less of a pirate-ish magician who can shoot with magical invisible arrows from an invisible source….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rigultru.3597

Rigultru.3597

This is actually one of the things that bothers me the most in a lot of mmo’s. It isn’t hard for a quiver to be added to the game, and that fact that there has been so much attention to detail in general it REALLY surprised me that Anet never added this before launch. For 1, while you play the game you are starring at your characters back…..so as a bow wielder, I am left constantly sighing as my big bad norn pulls arrows out of his braids.

So, yes, please, for the love of the game, add some quivers, and also, add the arrow as well….this is something that should have been put into the game before launch, classic rookie mistake here. In the grand scheme of things, it’s a minor detail, but it’s these minor details that add up creating a superior game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Informer.5213

Informer.5213

I would -love- a quiver for my Ranger. This just seems like common sense to have, and they don’t even need to change anything. Just create the quiver model and place it on the Ranger when they draw their bow, or perhaps make it equip on the “back” slot to appear. Engineers have their backbacks; give Rangers their quivers.

Leoth Shadowclaw – Ranger, Tarnished Coast.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rigultru.3597

Rigultru.3597

Yeah exactly, all they would need to do is create quiver models, they wouldn’t even need animations for it, though they could get crafty with some animations.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

a quiver would be great guildhead has one listed as a back slot item which means that there might be one in the game code but it hasnt been implamented, and a back slot item would solve the issue, can always transmute it onto better gear and you can turn it off and on…. we just need to beg arenanet to implament it via a vender or crafting!!!

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

For looks it almost seems needed because invisible arrow grabs are just odd and lackluster. I would say making them “equipped” for bonus stats but bows are strong as is, so that would make the balance all outa wack.(except thief shortbow… give us options for our basic attack!)

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

For looks it almost seems needed because invisible arrow grabs are just odd and lackluster. I would say making them “equipped” for bonus stats but bows are strong as is, so that would make the balance all outa wack.(except thief shortbow… give us options for our basic attack!)

To make it easier for them. Just add the quiver as a visual and if they want to make it some item just half the stats and dmg of the bows and smack them on the quiver.