Suggestion for controlling the bot population

in Suggestions

Posted by: Karnage.4196

Karnage.4196

Hello,

I would like to help with the bot issue in game as I feel that it is getting to a point of being ridiculous. I believe what is needed are groups of people, volunteers, who can witness real time what is happening and do something immediately. Capturing video, screen shots, and even locking the account from mailing/selling stuff in game could do a lot to help cut down on these issues.

These groups of individuals can help with the collection of evidence needed to shut these accounts down at the time it is happening rather than investigations after the fact that require sifting huge amounts of data.

Likewise, with the ability to temporarily “lock” account mailing and selling, until Anet investigation is done, we can nip this problem closer to the bud.

Please do not dismiss this idea. Whether my suggestions are practical or you have other ways that we can more directly help, I urge Anet to implement some sort of community policing to assist with botters, gold sellers and/or exploiters.

Let us know what more we can do to help besides right-click/report.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Karrnage, Warrior of the Order of Vigil

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I don’t like the idea of a community police, this may lead to abuse. It would be ANets job to have GMs in the game that can solve such problems quicker by locking accounts as a temporary solution until the case has been investigated.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake