Suggestion: re evaluate the balance of Elementalists in a group?

in Suggestions

Posted by: CoffeeShtoun.6528

CoffeeShtoun.6528

TLDR: Scroll down

Hi there, My name is Johnny and I work the average 9-5 monday to friday and I love the drive home knowing I have GW2 waiting for me. Before you jump to any conclusion prematurley evaluating my level of skill as a player, I would like to say I am exceptional but no where near the level of professional game players. Im so grateful to be a part of this MMO and I am simply stunned and overwhelmed from GW2 so far that I sometimes sit back and just smile. Now to my concern at hand, I just started playing with dungeon groups for AC runs and as an Elementalist Im having a hard time finding a group to begin with.

I can quote several LFG emotes in general chat stating No elementalists plz, or Need Warrior or Gaurdian only.

I find this depressing because I just want to play! I have been booted out of groups simply because I am an elementalist I kid you not. I love my elementalist and I know they need a bit of work but that does not stop me from trying to play the game!.

Can you help a casual player out by re-evaluating the balance of elementalist in groups? Ive been made to feel like a black sheep and its not fun. Im not asking for a overpowering buff but just to simply honor the system in place which promotes diverse group play that destroys the holy trinity.

I do not do as much dps as other classes to defend my spot in groups, in addition I do not have the survivabilty of the heavy armor classes which is understandable but something has to be given in place to justify my position in a group. The paragidm shift has simply been unveiled in a paralell universe where there still are classes being recruited based on profession.

TLDR: People are spamming for Gaurdians or Warriors in LFG for Dungeons and it makes me feel that my elementalist is unbalanced because I have been ignored many times when dungeon recruiters find out my profession and they rarely reply once they find out.

Cheers, and if you guys decide not to help, I will keep my head up and wait.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely

Johnny

in Suggestions

Posted by: RetroRocket.7925

RetroRocket.7925

I have never seen a class specific lfg at lvl 80, never. elementalist are probably the 2nd best healer in the game with the best aoe field effects in the game. if you are having trouble finding groups because of low level biases create your own.

in Suggestions

CoffeeShtoun.6528

I am not level 80, reaching out to the casuals here believe me im acheing for some time off to join the ranks, I hope its different at level 80, im 45 now and maybe its a gear check but not class friendly my friend.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adzy.8370

Adzy.8370

never seen this at level 80.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

As far as I’m aware Elementalists are a high DPS profession when played properly but I can understand your pain, I’ve heard of similar issues in regards to Mesmers and people not accepting Mesmers in PUG’s although I’ve not seen so myself. Just try to find a group of friends or a guild where you can find people you can do content with more regularly.

But to be honest, Do you want to do a PUG with a group of people who are so ignorant they would disallow certain professions to join? Also have you considered the possibility that they might already have many squishy professions in their party so they are attempting to find other professions with heavy armour to balance out the party?

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eveningstar.7834

Eveningstar.7834

I play a guardian and I’ve noticed that people expect me to be… a tank.
That is not my playstile. In dungeons I prefer to play ranged staff/scepter-shield since I play with 7 FPS.

I still do my job. Poping my virtues for a bit of extra health every now and again… but most importantly ressing downd players. With pugs that have never ran a dungeon I’ve noticed they tend to focus too much on the hp of the enemy, than the hp of their party members.
Having all the players up on their feet helps the boss go down sooner, there’s a lesser chance of a whole wipe(tho sometimes the bosses can be tricky) and most importantly a lower repair cost.

I have only really ran AC explorable and even done it several times with elementalists in the party. I think my guildie liked switching into water atunement for extra heals and better support. I never felt like he was dragging us down in any way or that we wouldn’t want to run the instance with him again. Nor was there a reason for me to try and tank a boss(despite being heavy armor).

But I think I actually spend 70% of my time ressing down players than smashing on the boss. So I don’t really do much dps or any tanking.

TL;DR: I’ve ran AC explorable with elementalists before and I’ve never felt like they were draging the team down.
Pugs think they need a certain class because they can’t keep their party up on their own.

Miia~ GoM

in Suggestions

CoffeeShtoun.6528

10-4 guys I appreciate the feed back guys, sometimes you need to hear the opinion of your fellow man to make sense of things I never considered that those groups may have had a caster class already. I will try starting the group and see how that fares.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Clarity.7281

Clarity.7281

I actually understand why this is this way, There is almost always an elementalist in my parties. i would gather thats the reason. i think you just might be the unlucky soul who gets there late

in Suggestions

CoffeeShtoun.6528

It would be nice to mess around or entertain the idea of having a lower cooldown on teleport or the earth shield duration on elementalists so its not a slaughter fest in dungeon runs as well. I know we slip and slide and we must dodge but once you blow your endurance which at times you must from chain attacks you are left vulnerable untill you get some back.
Any suggestions?