Suggestions: More Posture / Gesture Emotes

in Suggestions

Posted by: joykafka.4308

joykafka.4308

Currently we have: Sit, Kneel and Sleep.

Kick:

I’d like to take pictures of flying kick, butterfly kick, hook kick, etc. It would be nice if the “Kick” is made into another “Dance” which performs a series of diversified kicks.

Punch:

Likewise, Punch performs a continuous series of hand punching practices as in boxing, karate, or wing chun. Otherwise, “Boxing” / “Karate” / “WingChun”

March/Jump/Dodge/Roll

Static, which won’t result in movement. For picture taking purpose.

More Emotions

Threaten / Hesitate / Guilty / Militant
Glamour / Sentiment /

Can be very helpful to picture taking too.

Sit / Seat / Squat / Meditate:

I hope we can sit properly on bench, chair, etc. Proposed in another thread. I think it is easier to just have another emote “Seat”. Sitting on rocks or woods etc can be another emote such as “Squat”. Some professions or agitated people may need to “Meditate”, sitting with their legs crossed over each other.

Racial Posture/Gesture:

Different races might have their cultural posture,
For example: “Root” or “Blossom” or “Seeding” :P for Sylvarian.
“Roar” is different from race to race.

Current Gestures : Longer Duration or Repetition

Can we make them last a bit longer or repeat a few times? Or can we “/wave *5”?
It’s difficult to switch on the message panel, type “/wave” or “/point”, switch UI off, and take pictures in time.

(edited by joykafka.4308)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

I’m not sure about implementing the actual gestures, but simply having the game recognize and reflect in-chat something as common and innocuous as /hug would be a great boon indeed.

in Suggestions

joykafka.4308

/hug sounds like great too. probably there would be three options.

/hug being rejected
/hug being accepted one-way
/hug being hugged back

It is another great idea to have more social emotes…
Mine was limited to “picture taking” actually.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

If you input most GW1 emote commands they will do nothing, not even the ‘unknown command’ response.

I personally hope they make them actually work, instead just removing them.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I would like to be able to walk hand in hand, or at least side-by-side in sync.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

in Suggestions

Posted by: Timbersword.9014

Timbersword.9014

I’d like for our personalities (charm, dignity, ferocious) to have some affect on our non-combat stance.

But generally, more emotes are good. I like how City of Heroes handled their sitting emotes in particular – the model lowers towards the ground and assumes a sitting position either appropriate for a chair, a ledge, or even just on the ground. The former two typically sank the legs into the ground if initiated on solid ground, sure, but their effect in their proper usage was ingenious.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoflandRoll.2810

RoflandRoll.2810

I would love to see the GW1 class based dances being implemented as well. course the thief would probably have the assassins. Guardian im not too sure.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LanceHavenbay.2067

LanceHavenbay.2067

To Timbersword, “I’d like for our personalities (charm, dignity, ferocious) to have some affect on our non-combat stance.”

That is perfection. That would be a GREAT way to go as a developer. I feel it would add much more enjoyment and add a sense of importance to building your personality.

Please add Guild Wars 1 emotes:

-beg
-Boo/scare
-bored
-bowhead
-attention
-catchbreath
-clap
-congrats
-cough
-doh(headsmack)
-doubletake
-drums
-excited
-/rank (add it to pvp titles please)
-flex
-goteam
-guitar
-helpme
-highfive
-moan (whine)
-paper
-Pickme
-pout
-ready
-roar
-rock
-roll <#> (for betting/events)
-scissors
-scratch (hilarious! as if you have bugs all over)
-shoo
-sigh
-sorry
-stand (for getting up from sit without moving.)
-taunt
-violin
-yawn

Emotes: Yet another thing Anet seriously neglected, downgraded and otherwise left to die. You really have should have built off what you already had… Time restraints were not an issue, if the game was coming out “when ready.” You did an amazing job with the commando. Why did you simply ignore parts of the game? Emotes, and the call system… probably two of the biggest cases of developer neglect I’ve seen from Anet.

I believe that adding more emotes will help promote a much more social-able community, and allows players to interact in new ways. Thus, enjoying the game more. Emote parties are fun! Plus is allows people to make better dance videos, movies, etc, using Guild Wars 2.

And, I’ve wished this for ages and was disappointed to no end when it did not happen:
Please allow us to choose what dance our character does…

Oh and… I’d pay to have my GW1 dances back. Like. I’d pay 1800 gems for a Dancepack. Done deal my friend.

(edited by LanceHavenbay.2067)

in Suggestions

joykafka.4308

I’d like for our personalities (charm, dignity, ferocious) to have some affect on our non-combat stance.

I like this idea too. I actually wrote /charm /dignity /ferocity thinking perhaps we can set our stance too.

in Suggestions

joykafka.4308

I also think if it won’t be too messy, I would like to have a key mapping list for all emotes too. In order to type emotes, I have to turn on the message panel, and this always messes up my combat by mistake…

in Suggestions

joykafka.4308

I would like to be able to walk hand in hand, or at least side-by-side in sync.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

so romantic…

hmm but auto-sync the movement will result in /follow command. dunno if there is any drawback…

in Suggestions

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

we need more of these options cause it make the game more alive.

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

in Suggestions

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

also add the first person camera cause i want to make a guild trailer + more emotes would make it even more awesome!

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Absolutely agreed. I assume they are working on such things as time permits and we will see ever more. I do want them to post a current list of emotes (possibly a drop down menu) so that we know when the cool new ones arrive.

One note, there is a /threaten — my Charr warband uses it all the time in military drills. The Charr spreads his/her arms and leans forward with mouth open in a roaring expression. My Human makes a throat cutting gesture.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LanceHavenbay.2067

LanceHavenbay.2067

BlakThornArrow,
“we need more of these options cause it make the game more alive.”
Exactly!

Robinsiebler,
“I would like to be able to walk hand in hand, or at least side-by-side in sync.”

Hmm. My only thought on that is that placement isn’t exactly the same on each console. For example, in Guild Wars 1. If I run two clients, where one client says I am, and where the other sees me, are completely different. I’m not sure if things have changed for Guild Wars 2. I have no need for a second client and thus have never tried.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I am sure that walking hand in hand could pose problems if there were latency issues, but I don’t believe that that the concept is insurmountable; if latency was too high (an easy thing to check), they could simply disengage the emote.

This message was brought to you by a Romantic Kitten

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoflandRoll.2810

RoflandRoll.2810

The emotes that require interactioncan be done. TF2 has a high-five emote that gives players 3 seconds to respond to it. not sure how it works out but it does.