Suggestions for ANET.

Suggestions for ANET.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jormungand.7314

Jormungand.7314

First, I do not know if this is the appropriate medium to discuss this. If it isn’t would someone move it to the correct place? Thank you. For those of you who do not wish to read go to the end of the paragraph which has a TL:DR.

I will not speak for others, but it is my opinion that those who have the means should be able to purchase a level 80 of their choice. I know many of the players who would scoff at this, ridicule me for even discussing this idea but allow me to explain my position. I am sure many others feel the same way as I do.

1) I play this game to WvW, and that is it. I have tried the arena and I just did not like it. The PvE in this game, which intuitive is the same grind fest as every other game.

2) Purchasing a fresh level 80 is not “paying to win” as the entire game model is based off of micro-transactions. This is the revenue stream that Anet and most mmo’s are modeling today.
a) Even with a fresh 80 in exotics how does time played (or in this case paid) translate into skill or an advantage?
b) It increases revenue for ArenaNet which is a good thing. I would gladly pay $160 for a level 80. (Thats $2 USD per level)
c) It does not affect anyone’s game play as there is no significant advantage/disadvantage outside of time invested.

3) As a veteran of multiple online games, the term “pve” makes me shudder with disgust. I despise it and will avoid it at all costs. I would rather pay money to craft than to grind out another 80.

As I understand some of the complaints from players would be…
“It isnt fair that you have more money than me, and that is my disadvantage” My answer to this is: “Does Anet ban people who are better skilled than you when you die in a pvp area?”

“The game is incredibly fast to level, why spend money?” I have the financial means to better my hobby. Why is that a problem? If I want to spend money, suiting my enjoyment to my taste why is it your concern if I do not impede on any gameplay mechanics?

ArenaNet, please give me a reason on why you can not fulfill this request? You can email me privately. If you allow me, I will pay for 2-3 level 80s at ($2) per level. I think around this Holiday Season you can use this to possibly make some serious money. I also would not think it would be much of a coding issue. As you could just “gift” us several tomes of knowledge to grant us a level.

Thank you.

TL:DR
I want to purchase “Tomes of Knowledge” for $2 per item.

Suggestions for ANET.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You can make a suggestion concerning immediately leveling to 80, but ANet will not be contacting you to discuss why or why not they will do this. It’s not something that they do. All you can do is present your argument and they will consider it along with all the other suggestions they get.