Suggestions for Race Changes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Institute race changes and take my money.

For some people the personal story is important to them, thats great. For some people that have multiple characters and use them in WvW, it’s not.

I would like race changes to be instituted and for Anet to take my money.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

I want race changes as well. Reset my PS and make my norn a human!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I love how your title makes people think you’re talking about the dailies, but then you suggest something that the devs have already said they aren’t going to do.

in Suggestions

iCryptik.1496

I love how your title makes people think you’re talking about the dailies, but then you suggest something that the devs have already said they aren’t going to do.

Thanks! They didnt say they were never gonna do it, that it just wasnt on their agenda for the time being. I’m trying to put it there.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Suggestions

Seera.5916

I doubt it will ever be in their agenda. Too many problems.

The Personal Story itself presents a problem.

And there’s those who got to level 80 bought some cultural armor or weapons. What should be done about that?

Way too many problems and each solution for the problems only creates more problems.

You’re saying you want a race change. Propose a way for that to happen that addresses all the problems without creating new ones. For all you know the reason it’s not on their list is because they don’t see a way for it to be done and not make it a pay to win option in the cash shop.

Plus, the bait and switch title you have probably turns the devs off to whatever solution you propose. Not to mention other posters. Personally your thread title vs contents makes me wish they never implement it. Because why should they reward liars?

in Suggestions

iCryptik.1496

I doubt it will ever be in their agenda. Too many problems.

The Personal Story itself presents a problem.

And there’s those who got to level 80 bought some cultural armor or weapons. What should be done about that?

Way too many problems and each solution for the problems only creates more problems.

You’re saying you want a race change. Propose a way for that to happen that addresses all the problems without creating new ones. For all you know the reason it’s not on their list is because they don’t see a way for it to be done and not make it a pay to win option in the cash shop.

Plus, the bait and switch title you have probably turns the devs off to whatever solution you propose. Not to mention other posters. Personally your thread title vs contents makes me wish they never implement it. Because why should they reward liars?

LOL, just because it has daily in the title does mean it talks about dailies. Get of your white knight internet horse and quit being full of yourself. At this point your doing nothing more then derailing the issue. There is a contingent of people out there that want race changes, all the cultural armor should be transferable to the switch races armor. All though have to do is create parallels in the personal story to match different paths for each race, or just wipe the personal story.

It’s not rocket science.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Suggestions

Seera.5916

I’m not saying there aren’t people out there who want race changes.

However, when I saw your title I went: Oh look, a thread that’s going to talk about the daily and he has a suggestion on how to improve it.

I open the thread and it’s says nothing about the daily in any way. My first internal thought: he lied to me. Making you a liar. And based on your response to my pointing that out, I believe you knew the wording of the title was going to cause more people to open it than otherwise would.

And you’ve completely ignored my request to you. You’ve probably read the other race change request threads and seen the problems that it would cause. Coming up with a solution that would fix those problems without causing new ones might be what ANet needs to really consider race changes again. However, having your thread title be something totally unrelated to the thread contents is not the way to get feed back on proposed solution that you have yet to come out with.

in Suggestions

iCryptik.1496

And you’ve completely ignored my request to you. You’ve probably read the other race change request threads and seen the problems that it would cause. Coming up with a solution that would fix those problems without causing new ones might be what ANet needs to really consider race changes again.

Apparently you lack reading comprehension.

all the cultural armor should be transferable to the switch races armor. All though have to do is create parallels in the personal story to match different paths for each race, or just wipe the personal story.

I made it pretty clear.

Edit: I edited the topic so you could hold back your tears.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

(edited by iCryptik.1496)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’ll make it simple. No. It is a bad suggestion for a pointless desire of people who are lazy. I don’t even care if there were no problems, it still shouldn’t be allowed. It takes no time to level up a character. It takes very little effort to do everything to make your character what you want it to be. It takes even less time to realize if you do or do not like a specific race.

Make a new character. Transfer what you can, sell what you can’t. If you spent gold, or even cash on things that are now nontransferable for a character you apparently don’t even like? That was your own stupidity and something you should be held accountable for, not something anyone should give you a pass for.

Too bad, you don’t deserve it, you never did, and no matter how many times you make the same request you never will.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Seera.5916

But what about the choices prior to that point in the Personal Story if your character hasn’t hit the Order missions or the Pact missions? Since in the pre-Order missions, those options do affect things in the Personal Story to some degree?

And if it wipes the personal story, what about rewards? If you get rewards again, you’d have to bump up the cost to do it as to prevent farming of the PS by constant race changes by the level 80 farmers. And do you really want it to be so super expensive that you’d either have to pay for it with real money or spend ages earning the gold to do so? Would you, as a level 57 character who had done all of the Personal Story you could do given your skill, armor, and weapons want to repeat the entire PS again and only get the items that drop when they generally aren’t that valuable?

As to cultural armor, how would you set the transfer up?

And much better thread title. And I was never going to cry about it. I just really really hate deception and your attitude will also turn people off, by the way.

in Suggestions

iCryptik.1496

Too bad, you don’t deserve it, you never did, and no matter how many times you make the same request you never will.

This is laughable at best. Assuming what a person does/doesn’t deserve, especially when I’ve leveled and geared 7 toons to 80 is pretty asinine.

And much better thread title. And I was never going to cry about it. I just really really hate deception and your attitude will also turn people off, by the way.

If anything my attitude is far better then purists like Kal. Many mmo’s have race changes, why shouldn’t GW2? It will also help provide a solid injection of money to Anet, and what company doesn’t want to boost sales?

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

This is laughable at best. Assuming what a person does/doesn’t deserve, especially when I’ve leveled and geared 7 toons to 80 is pretty asinine.

If anything my attitude is far better then purists like Kal. Many mmo’s have race changes, why shouldn’t GW2? It will also help provide a solid injection of money to Anet, and what company doesn’t want to boost sales?

Name 5.

Anything less than five and I can’t accept the qualifier of many.

I find it amusing that leveling and gearing characters is your definition of what you need to do to deserve something that doesn’t make any sense. Moreso I find it worse that someone who has leveled so many characters feeling the need to do this.

I find it insulting that you think that just because this stuff doesn’t matter to you you should be allowed to do whatever you like. How is that for purity?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

in Suggestions

iCryptik.1496

Name 5.

Anything less than five and I can’t accept the qualifier of many.

I find it amusing that leveling and gearing characters is your definition of what you need to do to deserve something that doesn’t make any sense. Moreso I find it worse that someone who has leveled so many characters feeling the need to do this.

I find it insulting that you think that just because this stuff doesn’t matter to you you should be allowed to do whatever you like. How is that for purity?

I love that when I call you out you go on the defensive. Judging by you past post history you tend to be nothing but antagonistic and frankly nothing but a troll to most topics. I find it amusing that I need to be “deserving” in order to make a suggestion on a suggestion forum. Get over yourself kid.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Suggestions

Seera.5916

How about you answer Kal and my questions and really put us in our place then. Because avoiding answering our questions only makes other readers feel Kal and I are in the right. Prove us wrong, iCryptick. I dare you.

in Suggestions

iCryptik.1496

How about you answer Kal and my questions and really put us in our place then. Because avoiding answering our questions only makes other readers feel Kal and I are in the right. Prove us wrong, iCryptick. I dare you.

I did, you asked how I would fix the issue of story and cultural armor, and I wrote it out for you. I even the re-quoted it to you again. If you can not read then I can not help you.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Suggestions

Seera.5916

But what about the choices prior to that point in the Personal Story if your character hasn’t hit the Order missions or the Pact missions? Since in the pre-Order missions, those options do affect things in the Personal Story to some degree?

And if it wipes the personal story, what about rewards? If you get rewards again, you’d have to bump up the cost to do it as to prevent farming of the PS by constant race changes by the level 80 farmers. And do you really want it to be so super expensive that you’d either have to pay for it with real money or spend ages earning the gold to do so? Would you, as a level 57 character who had done all of the Personal Story you could do given your skill, armor, and weapons want to repeat the entire PS again and only get the items that drop when they generally aren’t that valuable?

This question from me and the question that Kal asked about naming 5 MMO’s that allow for race changes. Answer THOSE questions.

in Suggestions

iCryptik.1496

I’ll go over this point by point, since it seems like the you don’t understand.

Pre-Order is still apart of the person story, that gets wiped.

And if it wipes the personal story, what about rewards? If you get rewards again, you’d have to bump up the cost to do it as to prevent farming of the PS by constant race changes by the level 80 farmers. And do you really want it to be so super expensive that you’d either have to pay for it with real money or spend ages earning the gold to do so?

The cost to race changes should be high enough to make it not profitable to constantly race change. I would suggest 1200 to 1600 gems. What you get from the story would barely begin to pay back the cost it would be to race change. There can also be a limit on the amount of times you can race change a week. So lets say once a week or twice a month.

Cultural armor would switch to the races that you transfer to. So if you are wearing human T2 and switch to Charr, your armor would switch to Charr T2 armor.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Suggestions

iCryptik.1496

This question from me and the question that Kal asked about naming 5 MMO’s that allow for race changes. Answer THOSE questions.

Isn’t that a singular question?

Two come to mind just off the top of my head.
1. WoW
2. TERA

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Suggestions

Snow White.9680

The PS story rewards are a JOKE. If it makes people feel better, after a race change, the personal story doesn’t include rewards. There, simple fix. Everyone is happy.

Cultural armor could either grant the player a reimbursement, or be swapped for the equivalent armor of that race. Easy fix there to.

There’s no reason not to implement race changes if enough people want them.

in Suggestions

iCryptik.1496

The PS story rewards are a JOKE. If it makes people feel better, after a race change, the personal story doesn’t include rewards. There, simple fix. Everyone is happy.

Cultural armor could either grant the player a reimbursement, or be swapped for the equivalent armor of that race. Easy fix there to.

There’s no reason not to implement race changes if enough people want them.

Thank for the positive response.

Attachments:

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Emopandagurke.3497

Emopandagurke.3497

I agree with iCryptik and Snow White.
Allowing players to change their race is something that many players want. Like it’s written before you could make a lot of money to make this game you put so much love in it even better!
You’ve said it multiple times that you listen to the suggestions of the community and do what you can to improve the game.

Allow players who completed(!) their personal story to change race.
Just disable the rewards for the next time they complete the story.
And for cultural armors/weapons → just swap it.
If its not possible to keep stuff like cultural weapons & armors → just wipe them!

I’m pretty sure those smart Asura’s can invent some device that is able to

-Elona Reach-

in Suggestions

Seera.5916

The cost to race changes should be high enough to make it not profitable to constantly race change. I would suggest 1200 to 1600 gems. What you get from the story would barely begin to pay back the cost it would be to race change. There can also be a limit on the amount of times you can race change a week. So lets say once a week or twice a month.

Cultural armor would switch to the races that you transfer to. So if you are wearing human T2 and switch to Charr, your armor would switch to Charr T2 armor.

1. Pre-Order missions: You mentioned 2 ways to address the Personal Story. That part was addressing the first one where you suggested they create parallels.

2. Cost: At least 1600 gems if not higher. Limit it to once per 2 week period. And should it be implemented, which I still highly doubt they will, there will be people complaining that it’s too high in price.

3. But there are different types of cultural armor. Is it a if you’ve got Armor A you get Armor G or do you get a choice between G, H, and I?

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Allowing players to change their race is something that many players want.

Define “many”. I don’t want race changes, nor do I want to see spam threads like these every day.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Snow White.9680

Define “many”. I don’t want race changes, nor do I want to see spam threads like these every day.

You don’t know what many means? Really?

Many

Adjective

A large number of: “many people agreed with her”; “the solution to many of our problems”.

in Suggestions

Emopandagurke.3497

Like you said all these you call “spam” threads tell you how “many” players want a race change.
If you don’t want it, you don’t have to buy it.
You wouldn’t be able to tell if this Human was born a Charr … I don’t get your argument.

edit: from another thread:

As always, we try to listen to feedback and suggestions. We certainly wouldn’t rule anything out, but we aren’t currently working on it.

That shouldn’t keep you from giving us your opinions or ideas!

We’re giving options and ideas, nothing more.

-Elona Reach-

(edited by Emopandagurke.3497)

in Suggestions

iCryptik.1496

1. Pre-Order missions: You mentioned 2 ways to address the Personal Story. That part was addressing the first one where you suggested they create parallels.

2. Cost: At least 1600 gems if not higher. Limit it to once per 2 week period. And should it be implemented, which I still highly doubt they will, there will be people complaining that it’s too high in price.

3. But there are different types of cultural armor. Is it a if you’ve got Armor A you get Armor G or do you get a choice between G, H, and I?

1. I know, there are many ways they can implement a fix to the personal story issue that have been outlined.

2. People always complain about nearly everything, but people that want it will buy it.

3. I don’t see how this is still an issue, we are changing races not classes. If you have human T2 it would get converted to Charr T2 or whatever one chooses as their race. So if I change my human guardian with T2 to Asuran, he would have his armor transformed to Asuran T2 heavy plate.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Like you said all these you call “spam” threads tell you how “many” players want a race change.
You wouldn’t be able to tell if this Human was born a Charr … I don’t get your argument.

Five people out of a GW2 population of 1 million+ is not “many”, no matter what sort of spin you put on it.

As always, we try to listen to feedback and suggestions. We certainly wouldn’t rule anything out, but we aren’t currently working on it.

Giving options and ideas are fine. Starting a new thread almost daily about the same thing isn’t and is the reason why these threads tend to either get merged or locked very quickly. You want the devs to pay attention to your ideas? Then keep the discussion in a single thread where they’ll actually read it. Starting new threads day in, day out on the same topic is little more than spamming.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

iCryptik.1496

Five people out of a GW2 population of 1 million+ is not “many”, no matter what sort of spin you put on it.

Giving options and ideas are fine. Starting a new thread almost daily about the same thing isn’t and is the reason why these threads tend to either get merged or locked very quickly. You want the devs to pay attention to your ideas? Then keep the discussion in a single thread where they’ll actually read it. Starting new threads day in, day out on the same topic is little more than spamming.

The problem is, is that they won’t allow us to do this in a single thread, so until they do, we have to suffice with making multiple threads.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Suggestions

Emopandagurke.3497

It’s not 5 people that make posts for race change and however do you really believe everyone that would buy race change would also post in this forum?

I didn’t see people screaming for unlimited mining picks … and here they are.
Pretty often sold I’d say, huh?

-Elona Reach-

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

Isn’t that a singular question?

Two come to mind just off the top of my head.
1. WoW
2. TERA

So not actually that many, then? I don’t actually know much of anything about Tera, so I’ll assume it’s not very disruptive for the game since it’s new and has it. WoW did not have this for a very long time because it made not sense and was potentially extremely disruptive. They only added it “recently” because they’re aging and they need any lifeline they can manage to keep going.

Fortunately GW2 isn’t in that situation. It’s new, but it was designed with racial choice being an important and relevant dicision. Changing race would not make sense and be disruptive to the game. The game is not in such drastic need that they will throw any old line out in hopes it will snag.

I do have to say it’s gratifying that you either have taken notice of me, or else actually went to the trouble of researching me before dismissing me. I’m set in my ways and think that the younger generations of gamers are all snots who need to be smacked more in their life because they’re handed far too much on a platter. I use the word deserve because you’re not making a suggestion nor a request, your design for your title indicates this is a demand. You are making a stand to continue coming back again and again until you are acquiessed to. The same people coming repeatedly to make the same argument and agree with eachother does not a movement make. You don’t become many just because you speak up a lot. Even if you are many that doesn’t mean you ought to be appeased. How many Mount threads have been trashed? Mounts will never be a thing because they’re stupid in this game, but people will never stop asking for them. How are you different?

in Suggestions

Snow White.9680

How is me changing my characters race disruptive to your gaming?

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

How is me changing my characters race disruptive to your gaming?

I didn’t realize it was my game… I wish I was getting royalties or something. I believe I said THE game. THE game would translate to, “How the Devs want you to play the game THEY made.”

in Suggestions

Snow White.9680

How does it disrupt the game?

And btw gw2’s whole philosophy is play your way.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

The problem is, is that they won’t allow us to do this in a single thread, so until they do, we have to suffice with making multiple threads.

Race change has been shot down by Arena Net multiple times. They have stated that you should know by level 20 weather or not you like the race. – CC Eva

Race change takes away form the experince that that race provides – CC Eva

They have discussed the potential of race changes and at this time it is not in the works, We as the development team also have no future plans to ever implament Race change – CC Eva

all those cam form Guildwars guru.

Secondly The Cultural Armor provides a Achievment, being able to race change and just swap would make getting these achievments easier. Weather you care about it or not, there is a leader board that does.

Saying that this is a suggestion that so many need and want becuase there are multiple threads, doesn’t make this a issue of many need or want this. Especially when 90% of the threads have the same people commenting on them.

Then you qoute two games that have race changes.

World of Warcraft and Tera, Tera is a Clone copy of WoW almost to a “T”

World of Warcraft even though they have 11 million Subscripers only have 730k Congurnt player base which is 100k lower than there release numbers. So WOrld of warcraft not a great example unless yoru a fan boy. That and this is not world of warcraft, or tera, it is Guild Wars 2.

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

How does it disrupt the game?

And btw gw2’s whole philosophy is play your way.

One of my favorite things is when someone tries to use this argument to mean that they should be able to do whatever silly thing they want because they want.

That’s not what “Play your way” mean and it never has. Play your way means, “If you want to level up through crafting, do that. If you only want to PvP, you’re golden. If realm battling is your thing, you never have to play in the world. Just want to do dungeons? Well you may have to cut your teeth on the game at large, but eventually this might work out for you.” Play the game in the style that suits your fancy.

The reason it is disruptive is because the Devs want your choices to make some amount of difference. They want your race and your class to define you. That stops being a factor if you can change either on a whim. Therefore it’s disruptive.

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

Then you qoute two games that have race changes.

World of Warcraft and Tera, Tera is a Clone copy of WoW almost to a “T”

World of Warcraft even though they have 11 million Subscripers only have 730k Congurnt player base which is 100k lower than there release numbers. So WOrld of warcraft not a great example unless yoru a fan boy. That and this is not world of warcraft, or tera, it is Guild Wars 2.

No no, don’t complain about that. I asked him to name the “many” games that allow race change. He was just trying to do what I said in order to make a point and failed utterly since he was only able to come up with two, rather than the five necessary to qualify for many.