Suggestions for a better storyline

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jurrien.2617

Jurrien.2617

I don’t know if anyone else already created a post for this and i’m not entirely sure if this the right section for this topic.

This is probably not going to be a liked thread, but i felt the need to express myself and ofcourse give suggestions to the dev’s. I have been playing Guild Wars 1 since day one and the same goes for Guild Wars 2, and what bothers me is the major decrease in quality of storytelling. That decrease can’t be blamed on the changes in the game, because the story is way to bad for GW standards, for it to be worthy of an excuse.

As this section already states i will give a few suggestions that might improve the story of future expansions. Besides making the script of the story more original, imo:

• Give notable characters in the storyline unique faces, like in GW1 (for example Mhenlo).
  • Get rid of personal storylines, since they spread out originality and quality of the story instead of focusing it into one (bigger) storyline. The choices you make don’t even affect the story in the slightest way, it’s just a detour to get to the same point where everyone else goes.
  • Stick with characters, let them develop more throughout the story. I felt zero affection to the characters in the storyline. A part from the bad voice acting it’s also due to the fact that they are suddenly thrown at you without carefully explaining them and before you know it they’re dead.
  • Make the story more personal to your character, because now you’re just so detached from it. Why are you involved? What immediate threat has it for you?

Compared to the campaigns in GW1 the story from GW2 is a joke. It won’t get you attached to anything related. The story is far from original, ‘’There is a giant evil in a far away land and it has HUGE armies and will destroy everything’’, you can basicly predict the outcome of the story.

I like the game but the story is ridiculously bad. Feel free to add your suggestions to this thread aswell.

Desolation

(edited by Jurrien.2617)

in Suggestions

Posted by: CapN Biku.6024

CapN Biku.6024

There are unique characters in this game, for example in the Sylvari storyline there are at least two. The Avatar of The Pale Tree, with special hair, face and clothes, and Caithe, with a special face.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jurrien.2617

Jurrien.2617

There are unique characters in this game, for example in the Sylvari storyline there are at least two. The Avatar of The Pale Tree, with special hair, face and clothes, and Caithe, with a special face.

I’m referring to Trahearne and many others in the story. The avatar of the Pale Tree has less of a contribution to the story and yet she has a unique face.

Desolation

(edited by Jurrien.2617)