Suggestions from a Loving yet Bored fan

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rehk.6574

Rehk.6574

I love guild wars 2. It has been since it came out, and still is, THE best mmo on the market in my opinion. However, as time has gone by I have felt the slow creep of boredom and the slight sting of a few persistently glaring issues drain away the enthusiasm I wish to maintain for this game. Here is where I would suggest improvements:

1. - Dual / Triple Spec options*: Guild Wars is a game where there are many cool skills and abilities out there. Yet, with one spec, a good 2/3rds of all my utility skills don’t EVER get slotted because it’s simply not practical to use them for the current spec I’m in.

Even though changing specs is cheap at 3 silver a retrain, its tedious, and unintuitive. The concept of Dual Spec has been well received in almost EVERY mmo I’ve ever played, and I see absolutely no reason why it still has not been incorporated into GW2 yet. The “retrain anytime” consumables are a poor alternative to this and the only reason I can see they invented those is the hope people spend more money overtime on those, than a one time gem store dual trait purchase.

As it stands, I am completely BORED of using the same 10-18 skills I’ve been using with my current spec on all of my characters. Also, I resent having to go back to a city to respec multiple times a day to keep an optimum build for whatever content I’m doing. Dual spec would easily add a good chunk of more variation to every one of my characters making them less boring on a daily basis, and eliminate the tediousness of going back to town to respec EVERY day MULTIPLE times. For this convenience I’d gladly throw down 10$ worth of gems. (just don’t be stingy about it and make it per character instead of account wide)

1. - Meaningful WvW Rank Rewards.* What can I say here…When I heard about WvW rank rewards coming out. I was ecstatic. I couldn’t have been happier. Then, mega disappointment. Instead of interesting and meaningful rewards that were cool and increased the customization and complexity of wvw combat, we get….

thoughtless +1 -1 % modifiers on seige dmg, guard dmg, merc dmg, some lackluster uninspired supply modifiers, and a handful of good additions to siege skills.

What could have been added -

- WvW trophies for display on your character (a whole section of cosmetics earned through WvW)

- New Meaningful profession based skills, unlocks, and ability modifiers for existing skills. (THIS is where WvW could really present a driving motivation for increased long term play, to enhance and customize your character) This could be done by keeping all extra skills and skill modifications WvW ONLY and wouldn’t effect PvE or Spvp at all.

- WvW Armory / Stats page on the website or page for ingame UI thats linkable to display and show off lifetime Kill / death ratios with information and stat trackers for killing blows on each profession / killing blows taken by each profession. (This could have in and of itself a whole section of achievable titles to go with it)

Basically, what I’m BEGGING for, is a realm rank system more akin to DAoC’s realm rank system. Insert some depth and meaningful character progression for WvW, not just simple and BORING +1 – 1 % modifiers…those are uninspired and don’t have me really caring to log in to get.

And here are improvements I know are in the works, but can’t come out fast enough! (Good job Anet on working on these!) :

-Edge of the Mists

-Precursor Quest / Crafting (looking forward to a possible epic quest more)

-Gold for pvp matches / purchasable lvl scrolls / new PvP map types (capture the flag, crossing my fingers for possible 15v15 matches and matches focused more on Player killing than objectives)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rehk.6574

Rehk.6574

Oh, and 1 last suggestion I forgot.

1. - Weapon Dials *- Let’s face it, what makes the game fun is getting to use all the different cool skills Anet made in the right circumstances. Weapon swapping is cool, but MOST classes baring the elementalist STILL carry around ALL of their weapon types for “just in case” moments of need.

This creates useless inventory clutter and breaks immersion from having to open up menus to switch weapons all the time.

I propose you allow us to slot every weapon available to us on our class, and instead of a 2 way swap with cooldown, add a small dial functionality to the ui, (something that could be bound to scroll wheel if a player wanted) that would let players switch between ANY number of bound weapon combinations.

This feature could be made to only work out of combat, and it would still be a big improvement on simple quality of life, and have ZERO chance of being op (because we can already switch to any weapon set out of combat)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scar.1793

Scar.1793

haven’t read everything but you’re asking too much, you won’t see people running around with all weapons, not only it would be actually boring but everyone will look the same in terms of skills, as if it wasn’t enough with the overused cookie-cutter builds.