Swapping characters in dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dridikos.4019

Dridikos.4019

Personally I find this slightly exploiting the game and would like to use this topic to address the matter. I just got out of an AC exp group where two people who joined the party together, decided mid final boss fight, to swap characters so they could get credit on both toons. IDK if this works that way, but if it does arenanet, could you make a fix to it?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raina.8642

Raina.8642

How did they get credit on both toons? As far as I am aware they would get credit on the toon that the boss was killed under. And personally, I dont think it is that game breaking.

However, if by swapping mid fight they are getting the 60 tokens on 2 characters at once then that is a bug and needs to be adressed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

well I think that the boss fight is probably using the same tagging system used in the open world events system.

if they did get credit that means they tagged it did some damage on their first toon, then switched characters and did some damage on the new character. If that’s the case people could potentially switch toons endlessly and get enough tagging going on the boss to get credit on five or more characters if the battle lasted long enough.

With the upcoming gear increase in stats we can look forward to more exploits like this until they lock out the dungeon boss fights or something.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Suggestions

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

This should definitely get fixed. o.O

in Suggestions

Posted by: Unknownsole.4672

Unknownsole.4672

Don’t you have to be logged in to receive the reward even if you tagged it on multiple chars the logged in one should be the only to receive the reward if not that’s a problem.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dridikos.4019

Dridikos.4019

Like I said, Idk if it works that way, but if it does then it does need to be fixed. The people that were in group doing this was promptly removed bc they somewhat left us high and dry mid fight to swap.

in Suggestions

Posted by: EmoxiHaX.1726

EmoxiHaX.1726

let’s look at this as a logical explanation

the players did 95% of the dungeon on most likely a much stronger character to make the run go faster
when they get to the last boss which is the easiest part of the dungeon they log onto a lower character to get credit

and how is this a problem again?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Unknownsole.4672

Unknownsole.4672

let’s look at this as a logical explanation

the players did 95% of the dungeon on most likely a much stronger character to make the run go faster
when they get to the last boss which is the easiest part of the dungeon they log onto a lower character to get credit

and how is this a problem again?

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not but its not a problem as long as only the lower character receives the reward the only issues is the downtime the group experiences between the swap, which in most cases isn’t an issue, plus if they re-log slow they have a chance to miss the reward which would be quite hilarious.